PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got pulled over while driving the X yet?

wilson1
11-10-2008, 04:39 PM
Just curious if it's as bad as the E8/9? :lol:

pjb00stin
11-10-2008, 04:44 PM
there was one guy that got pulled over during the convoy at the capitol mitsu. meet.

Boostd4
11-10-2008, 04:51 PM
I got pulled over about 3 weeks ago...total profiling. Ended up with a tint ticket...the officer claimed that I had passed 40 cars in the span of 2 miles.

wilson1
11-10-2008, 04:51 PM
seems liked our E8/9's are cop magnets, wondering if the X is the same way?

wilson1
11-10-2008, 04:52 PM
I got pulled over about 3 weeks ago...total profiling. Ended up with a tint ticket...the officer claimed that I had passed 40 cars in the span of 2 miles.

how fast were you going?

chrisw
11-10-2008, 05:38 PM

how fast were you going?

doesn't matter how fast, I do that shit every day in my POS prius...

wilson1
11-10-2008, 05:41 PM
:lol:

TougeGod7
11-10-2008, 05:44 PM

how fast were you going?

i really want to put a bigblock v8 in a prius or something like that just for shits and giggles and the priceless look on ppls faces when they end up losing to a prius :lol:

ZK
11-10-2008, 05:47 PM
I used to get the evil eye from police in the Evo 8 every now and then... now I rarely even get noticed.

I think it all changes when the car is modified though. Then you become a target.

GroundHog
11-10-2008, 05:55 PM

how fast were you going?

i really want to put a bigblock v8 in a prius or something like that just for shits and giggles and the priceless look on ppls faces when they end up losing to a prius :lol:

you could get a two-fer out of this......priceless looks from the people who get spanked by it, and the shitty looks from the tree-huggers when they see a v8 that gets gallons per mile in the engine bay. HA!

TougeGod7
11-10-2008, 06:07 PM

how fast were you going?

you could get a two-fer out of this......priceless looks from the people who get spanked by it, and the shitty looks from the tree-huggers when they see a v8 that gets gallons per mile in the engine bay. HA!

actually it would be a three-fer if that's even a word cuz cops would be like wtf when u went by and would just pull over the honda or evo :'( next to you :lol:

Unowned
11-10-2008, 06:29 PM
Just curious if it's as bad as the E8/9? :lol:

wth you will already share our pain. you already own an X now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Boostd4
11-10-2008, 06:54 PM

how fast were you going?

doing 70-75...was actually being passed by a bunch of SUVs and trucks...

dabaysevo
11-10-2008, 07:08 PM

how fast were you going?

You should have laughed in the cop's face and told him to pull you over when you were going 100. <99mph is for rookie cops getting out of the academy.

TougeGod7
11-10-2008, 10:25 PM

how fast were you going?

You should have laughed in the cop's face and told him to pull you over when you were going 100. <99mph is for rookie cops getting out of the academy.

i would like to see that happen :lol:

Moostafa29
11-11-2008, 06:23 AM
I got pulled over and ticketed for no front plate and modded exhaust.

Boostd4
11-11-2008, 08:59 AM

how fast were you going?

i would like to see that happen :lol:

Actually, when my CHP brother in law was signing off the ticket he told me that city cops have no idea how to pace. Thus, the guy that pulled me over was a douche.

wilson1
11-11-2008, 10:46 AM

where?
who pulled you over?
what kind of exhaust?

Moostafa29
11-11-2008, 11:32 AM

where?
who pulled you over?
what kind of exhaust?

The bastards were literally sitting at the freeway entrance. There were 3 cops. Every car they saw who didn't have a front plate, they pulled them over and got them for whatever else they could. I made sure to roll down my windows, so I wouldn't get ticketed for that one too. This was in downtown Oakland, near the Jack London Sq entrance right before Labor day. I have a Ultimate Racing single exit exhaust.

Unowned
11-11-2008, 11:58 AM

where?
who pulled you over?
what kind of exhaust?

The bastards were literally sitting at the freeway entrance. There were 3 cops. Every car they saw who didn't have a front plate, they pulled them over and got them for whatever else they could. I made sure to roll down my windows, so I wouldn't get ticketed for that one too. This was in downtown Oakland, near the Jack London Sq entrance right before Labor day. I have a Ultimate Racing single exit exhaust.

That's why with my X I won't do visible mods like exhaust, tint and i had fun drilling my front bumper for the front plates.

mtsevovii
11-11-2008, 12:15 PM
i should move to Texas.

friend with an evo got pulled over and had his AR15 in his lap. :lol:

cop just laughed around with him. too bad its not like that here in CA.

$$Wino$$
11-11-2008, 01:24 PM
Been pulled over 4 times so far...Have yet to actually get a real ticket from the incidents though except a no front plate fix-it

First pullover was the no front plate....he was speed trapping with his radar and i was going with the speed limit and then i see him coming with his lights on about a minute later...No front plate

Next time was 5am with me the only car around, I see a cop drive by as i'm turning onto the same street and he slows down to pull behind me and pull me over....he says oh they have been trying to track down a white car like mine that's been hot rodding around Cupertino in the wee hours....no ticket

Third time - no front plate pullover or so i thought...same guy that pulled me over the first time and it was about 20 days later. He actually approached my car with his gun drawn and told me i had to get out of the car while he searched it for drugs...Given that i have no drug incidents or warrants of any kind out for my arrest and I'm the only owner the car ever heard since the dealer...I think he was just having a bad day or trying to be a jerk or something...This stop took about 40 mins

Fourth time - speeding my ass off on 280 south at 3am and i got pulled over...I asked for a warning and she gave it to me

Moostafa29
11-11-2008, 01:51 PM
i should move to Texas.

friend with an evo got pulled over and had his AR15 in his lap. :lol:

cop just laughed around with him. too bad its not like that here in CA.

LOL, why would you drive around with that?

WolfLoverKriss
11-11-2008, 01:57 PM
I havn't been pulled over yet, luckily cops don't take a girl in an evo X seriously lol. I go 80 all the time and never get pulled over

tyrant slaughter
11-11-2008, 07:59 PM
Next time was 5am with me the only car around, I see a cop drive by as i'm turning onto the same street and he slows down to pull behind me and pull me over....he says oh they have been trying to track down a white car like mine that's been hot rodding around Cupertino in the wee hours....no ticket

Damn, still looking for this guy? Its been months.

TougeGod7
11-11-2008, 08:02 PM
I havn't been pulled over yet, luckily cops don't take a girl in an evo X seriously lol. I go 80 all the time and never get pulled over

i see u and cops get along really well then then ;-)

WolfLoverKriss
11-11-2008, 08:11 PM

i see u and cops get along really well then then ;-)

well actually they do follow me but then stop once they see im a girl lol. Actually I know most of the cops in Danville and Blackhawk cuz of my job. I see them all the time, they're nice too me. :-D

player67
11-12-2008, 02:00 AM
^yep perks of working danville...if you know danville cops, nothing can happen to you. I did 140 on sycamore once with confidence, man i was such a dumbass.

WolfLoverKriss
11-12-2008, 02:13 AM
^yep perks of working danville...if you know danville cops, nothing can happen to you. I did 140 on sycamore once with confidence, man i was such a dumbass.

wow lol i've only done like 80 around there

xbox4414
11-12-2008, 02:24 AM
I got a speeding ticket...67 in a 55...my bad. At night...only car on the road...he was at a dead stop...I should have kept going....don't think he would have caught up, hahaha! JK. I don't condone running.... But now I got another point and HIGHER insurance again....blah.

TougeGod7
11-12-2008, 02:32 AM

lol only. doing 80 cops is nothing to laugh at i mean what are the chances of u getting pulled over by one u haven't done! :lol: :-P

BTW Dara is an uber whore!!!! lol

WolfLoverKriss
11-12-2008, 02:41 AM
I got a speeding ticket...67 in a 55...my bad. At night...only car on the road...he was at a dead stop...I should have kept going....don't think he would have caught up, hahaha! JK. I don't condone running.... But now I got another point and HIGHER insurance again....blah.

I woulda done the same, I dont run either, I'm too much of a good girl O:-)

WolfLoverKriss
11-12-2008, 02:42 AM

lol only. doing 80 cops is nothing to laugh at i mean what are the chances of u getting pulled over by one u haven't done! :lol: :-P

Man I really need to pay attention to what I type lol. Actually my husband is gonna become a cop when he gets back from the middle east.

TougeGod7
11-12-2008, 02:48 AM

Man I really need to pay attention to what I type lol. Actually my husband is gonna become a cop when he gets back from the middle east.

lol i guess ur trying to beat Dara's score LOL

WolfLoverKriss
11-12-2008, 02:50 AM

lol i guess ur trying to beat Dara's score LOL

Haha who knows, going for the gold! jk jk

player67
11-12-2008, 04:06 PM
PLEASE Don't....even 80 on sycamore is stupid....the limit is 45mph Im not talking about the highway. Just go at a safe pace, your life is worth more than a little speeding.

WolfLoverKriss
11-12-2008, 04:50 PM
PLEASE Don't....even 80 on sycamore is stupid....the limit is 45mph Im not talking about the highway. Just go at a safe pace, your life is worth more than a little speeding.

I only did that once I really usually drive like a granny, I even stop at the stop signs lol

W7ldcard
11-12-2008, 04:55 PM

I only did that once I really usually drive like a granny, I even stop at the stop signs lol

You stop at stop signs? I didnt know we could do that ! Thanks for the heads up

WolfLoverKriss
11-12-2008, 05:11 PM

Ya I don't do that California Roll shit, lol ;-P

pokguy317
11-29-2008, 01:11 AM
I got pull over again for tint window.. And no front license plate today in fremont around automall area... damn it....

wilson1
11-29-2008, 01:13 AM
by a motorcycle?

mtsevovii
11-29-2008, 01:23 AM
damn.. :(

ive had my plates off since the SEMA trip i took... yikes.

and passed by, waved to and stared by cops... :sneaky:

player67
11-29-2008, 03:59 AM

Hey we got a real smartass in the house LOL you faggot you would get a WORKS brainflash

Moostafa29
11-29-2008, 08:38 AM
I got pull over again for tint window.. And no front license plate today in fremont around automall area... damn it....

Oh crap, good thing I was gone for most of the day. I would have been around that area if I hadn't gone to the auto show.

hellz Evo
11-29-2008, 09:36 AM
I got pulled over on the 5 in the white X, He gave me tickets for being too low, rear ( APR ) wing obstructing rear view, exhaust too loud, no cat, illegal intake, modification to vehicle for racing, no licensce plates, no insurance, no registration and changing lanes without a signal.... oh and he said some thing is wrong with my car since it was back firing and he saw 2-3 foot flames come out of the exhaust. So drive the car home or to the shop and that is it. I told him that my trailer was towing another car that is why i had to drive it home, but he said " not my problem".

In the silver X San Jose's Finest ran a red light to pull me over, walks upto me and said " are there street races tonight" I said it is 8 in the morning and i have not decided what to do tonight yet, but street races sound like fun......... after a few seconds of awkward silence he said he pulled me over for no front plate and loud exhaust. I said it is a mitsubishi factory car and manufacturer cars only have one plate in the state of ca and they have no restriction on emissions or any thing else since these are not for sale and are test cars. Walks away, looks in the back , asks for authorization letter and insurance, looks at it, looks at me and leaves without saying a word. I love bike cops.

mtsevovii
11-29-2008, 11:07 AM
I got pulled over on the 5 in the white X, He gave me tickets for being too low, rear ( APR ) wing obstructing rear view, exhaust too loud, no cat, illegal intake, modification to vehicle for racing, no licensce plates, no insurance, no registration and changing lanes without a signal.... oh and he said some thing is wrong with my car since it was back firing and he saw 2-3 foot flames come out of the exhaust. So drive the car home or to the shop and that is it. I told him that my trailer was towing another car that is why i had to drive it home, but he said " not my problem".

In the silver X San Jose's Finest ran a red light to pull me over, walks upto me and said " are there street races tonight" I said it is 8 in the morning and i have not decided what to do tonight yet, but street races sound like fun......... after a few seconds of awkward silence he said he pulled me over for no front plate and loud exhaust. I said it is a mitsubishi factory car and manufacturer cars only have one plate in the state of ca and they have no restriction on emissions or any thing else since these are not for sale and are test cars. Walks away, looks in the back , asks for authorization letter and insurance, looks at it, looks at me and leaves without saying a word. I love bike cops.

:shock:

Moostafa29
11-29-2008, 11:23 AM
Was that all this weekend?

wilson1
11-29-2008, 11:24 AM
That's last sat going up to Thill

xbox4414
11-29-2008, 12:57 PM
Actually I think it was when they were coming back from the "Baddest Evo" challenge. But still that sucks and it also looks like the new wing actually doesn't obstruct the view and that the stock one would more....

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3220/3044358212_8934074e17_o.jpg

But I think that citation is the least of them to worry about, haha.

chuynh207
01-03-2009, 03:38 PM
I got pulled over once at night, for not having any license plates. I took off the dealer plates and so the cop was cool about it, since he saw that registration thing on the windshield.

The 2nd time I got pulled over was in Hawaii. I still had no plates, and I had limo tint on my rear windows (illegal in Hawaii) and no safety check or anything. The cop just asked me why I didn't have any plates and I told him I had just bought it from CA a few weeks ago. He asked for documentation proving this, and I showed him and he let me go.

Just FYI for everyone here, if you ever get a business opportunity or something big comes up in Hawaii, find an alternative. If Hawaii is your ONLY choice, then take it, but if u can avoid it, DO IT! Hawaii is paradise for tourists and seasonal visitors, but NOT a great place to LIVE in (unless you're originally from there or love island life)

DetailAddict
01-12-2009, 10:57 AM
knock on wood... not yet... I really need to get my V1 back in the car...

Redteam22003
01-15-2009, 12:15 PM
COPS DONT PULL OVER SLOW CARS:wav:

bazookajoe
05-27-2009, 06:03 PM
4 times in the last 2 months
2 for no paper dealer plates
1 cause he was the street racing task force and I was on my way home from dinner and he thought I had an intake
1 cause I past a few cars on a 2 lane hwy and caught up to them to fast whoops
No tickets out of all of them thank god

silverguy
05-27-2009, 09:12 PM

i got my hybrid decal from a prius:laugh:

emoevo
09-29-2009, 07:52 PM
COPS DONT PULL OVER SLOW CARS:wav:
Ha no way ...cop be chilling at red light and with no plate or tint ..you know hes going to bust out those light (day or night) i got pulled over for the same reason from the same cop 3 time..and he still dont remember me (tint, no plate, too low)

emoevo
09-29-2009, 07:53 PM
i dont wanna sound mean but its true COP are just pissed and want everyone else to be pisssed too

grideevo
11-04-2010, 02:46 PM