PDA

View Full Version : Track days with NASA

Evo442
03-23-2005, 11:07 PM
Hi everyone. I'm signed up for a track day with NASA at Sears Point and am looking into other events with them. Looking at the info on their website, it looks like there is going to be a lot of different groups running on the same day. I'm hoping to hear from anyone who has done some track days with them. Did you feel like you got enough seat time? Would you reccomend them? If you had instruction, how was it? What was your overall experience?

Any input would be appreciated.

cokofellah
03-24-2005, 12:21 AM
Are you talking about the weekend of April 9-10? If yes, cool. There will be a lot of EVOs running HPDE 4. Sears is great....nice rhtyhm - the esses, the carousel, turns 1 &2....yes.
Having an instructor ride with you will be a good idea (if its your first time) - at the least, he will show you the general "line" around the course.
4 sessions.....see you there.

leif
03-24-2005, 03:25 AM
with nasa you get 4 20 minute sessions just like ncracing does, so if you felt like that was enough, then yes you get enough. i know i always debate doing the last session because im always tired. that reminds me i need to sign up, ill be in hpde3 so see you there.

Evo442
03-24-2005, 07:07 AM
Thanks for the input! How many cars do they generally run at the same time?

dohcvtec
03-24-2005, 10:50 AM
I'll be there in hpde 3 also in the del slo. I've done almost all my track events with NASA, good group, great price. During the summer time Sears can get pretty crowded with people. I've never counted how many cars they let out at once, but its quite a few, more than 20 for sure.

hellz Evo
03-24-2005, 11:23 AM
Hey guys,

Do any of you know any officials in NASA? I was black flagged by the president couple of years ago, I was allegedly held responsible for a death of a shelby gt......I am innocent. So long story short, I was told to go pound sand and a fight insued, again allegedly. Now I want get back in but do not want to deal with the presidente. Any help will be much appreciated. :skid:

dohcvtec
04-01-2005, 12:03 PM
thought i would bring this back, just signed up today, see you guys on the track on saturday!!

Absinthe
04-01-2005, 12:06 PM
thought i would bring this back, just signed up today, see you guys on the track on saturday!!

I used to run there events but they tend to be too hectic and have too many cars on track. This gets especially bad in the lower run groups, or when they mix run groups, I wish they would work on that aspect of their days.

You will have fun though with lots of different cars on track, and lots of different skill levels acomodated for.

Richard EVO
04-01-2005, 03:26 PM
I don't like NASA events at all. They try to do way too much in a day, and you get very little track time. The event I went to at Buttonwillow had 4 HPDE groups, plus two race groups with practice, qualifying and the races. There were easily more than 100 cars there.

I only got four-20 minute sessions the entire day. :(

If you go out with SpeedVentures, you will get anywhere from 2 - 3 times that much track time.

dohcvtec
04-01-2005, 03:50 PM
I don't like NASA events at all. They try to do way too much in a day, and you get very little track time. The event I went to at Buttonwillow had 4 HPDE groups, plus two race groups with practice, qualifying and the races. There were easily more than 100 cars there.

I only got four-20 minute sessions the entire day. :(

If you go out with SpeedVentures, you will get anywhere from 2 - 3 times that much track time.
Very true. What makes NASA attractive is I'm working towards getting a license to run in Honda Challenge, which is sanctioned by them. Also the track days are cheap, are very frequent and almost always on weekends. I do agree there are always way too many cars on the track, many people with egos larger than their driving skill/awareness.

leif
04-01-2005, 06:13 PM
yeah you only get 4 20 minute sessions but then again its only 150 dollars, a relative bargin for track time i guess. there are a lot of cars in the lower groups, but in the higher groups there are less cars.... at least it seems that way, its been a while.

i just got my car teched today since its like 40 bux to do it there now >.<

see you all there!

earlyapex
04-01-2005, 06:36 PM
GGLC $160 for *seven* 30min sessions.

or $145 if you are a member.

I did NASA once and never went back.

dohcvtec
04-02-2005, 11:48 AM
wow, lotus club is cheap! most of the private ones are no where near that price. I'll have to start checking them out. shit, I haven't gotten my car teched yet.. eek

leif
04-03-2005, 01:38 AM
wow lotus club is cheap, but like i said on evom, nasa took all the weekends, and i cant go during the week. o well...

vishnu_evo8
04-04-2005, 12:48 AM
who else is running hpde 4 ill see u guys at the track.

Richard EVO
04-04-2005, 05:26 PM
If you are interested in running the tracks in SoCal (Buttonwillow, Calif. Speedway Roadcourse, Willow Springs Int'l (big track) or Streets of Willow), or Nevada (Spring Mtn.) check out SpeedVentures.net and RacerFactory.com -- their prices are usually pretty reasonable. They often do weekend events, which makes it easier to justify a round trip to Socal or Nev.