PDA

View Full Version : Shops around the South Bay for FENDER Rolling

kinetics
11-11-2008, 06:15 PM
I desperately need my rear fenders rolled :?

Anybody know a shop that does a decent job?

Shop Name:

Thanks!

p.s.
I would just rent a roller and do it myself...but I'm an Idiot and it's a fact that I'll totally just mess it up beyond fixing! :lol:

Positron
11-11-2008, 06:16 PM
California Wheels

next to wheel works on Alum Rock and Capitol ave.

kinetics
11-11-2008, 08:11 PM
sweet! thanks J...i luv u man! :lol: (no homo)

kinetics
11-12-2008, 12:40 AM
anyone else?

YankInCali
11-12-2008, 06:54 PM
don't roll, shave them. that's what I did. If u roll, even a good roll will crack, if not now, later

U can get ur fenders shaved or rolled at:

Motorsport Techniques
in Hayward, CA
Can't remember the $ off the top of my head but it was good, otherwise I wouldn't have done it

bricel24
11-12-2008, 08:10 PM
don't roll, shave them. that's what I did. If u roll, even a good roll will crack, if not now, later

U can get ur fenders shaved or rolled at:

Motorsport Techniques
in Hayward, CA
Can't remember the $ off the top of my head but it was good, otherwise I wouldn't have done it

Was just there yesterday and asked for a quote.

Fender rolling: $85/corner

Cutting: $120/corner

Hope this helps.

SpinOne05
11-12-2008, 11:32 PM
doesn't cutting leave more of a sharper edge that could cut the tire? It also could make the fender more prone to dents cause the lip which gives the fender strength is now cut.

ZK
11-12-2008, 11:53 PM
Make sure you're careful rolling otherwise you can end up with a wavy fender...

kinetics
11-13-2008, 12:15 AM
I just got this done earlier today @ California Wheels on Capitol Ave. here in San Jose

Price: $75/fender

Service: The gentlemen that helped me was very knowledgable. He said that the wheels/tires I have were
a little aggressive for the car. (17x9.5 +30 w/ 255/40/17) He said that rolling the fender may not even solve the
rubbing problem. If after the rolling, there is still rubbing and I still wanted to pursue the setup, he suggested
changing the alignment (camber/toe settings).

So after about an hour...he called me out to check and see if I'm satisfied. He showed me that it's the most they can roll the fenders because if they try to roll them a little more...there maybe a chance that dimples/ripples might show. But he said that it should be enough for the rubbing to dis appear and then he told me that since they couldn't roll the fenders all the way, if.....if there is still major rubbing...just bring it back and they can look and maybe adjust the alignment a little to totally eliminate the rubbing.

Verdict:
-Great customer service
-Fast and nicely done...didn't see any ripples/dimples
-Cares about customer satisfaction

Positron
11-13-2008, 12:27 AM
haha told you they do good work. they roll fenders on a lot of high end cars from what i've seen in their backlot.

kinetics
11-13-2008, 01:36 PM
yah i saw a viper srt 10 getting a fender job right before mine...it gave me a boner! :lol:

*stressed evo guy*
11-13-2008, 01:49 PM
^^^do they shave fenders there or they just roll them?.....

kinetics
11-13-2008, 01:58 PM
that i'm not sure bro :?

triple L
11-19-2008, 04:17 AM
any shop ya know bout in the sac area or stockton area to be exact..