PDA

View Full Version : n00b intro w/ security questions

ljcabrera
03-31-2005, 11:37 AM
I'm seriously considering getting an evo 8 or 9. I used to have a 2000 honda civic Si but I got rid of it because people kept trying to either steal the car or parts of the car. It didnt matter where I lived from san jose to mountain view the car semed to be marked. I really like the evo but I do not want to go through this hassle again. I don't have a garage just a car port.

Thank you all in advance for your opinions.

Yahoo me @ luisjcabrera And we can chat.

vtluu
03-31-2005, 11:39 AM
A couple people have had their car messed with but as far as I've heard, theft hasn't been nearly as much of a problem as it is with the Civic Si (a co-worker's girlfriend has one and she has the same problem).
Welcome to the site! :wave:

Whooopasss
03-31-2005, 11:43 AM
I park my car in a car port too.. or sometimes in the street.. In my opinion.. Evo's are not that prone to teft since all the parts you get will only go to an Evo.. unlike a civic.. There is not much market for used Evo parts... unless they just want to have a joy ride..

vtluu
03-31-2005, 11:49 AM
I think one of the good things about a site like NorCalEvo is it creates a tight-knit community of people who have some idea of what's going on with each others' cars. If someone's Evo gets stolen, chances are someone here will know about it--and hopefully share the info--and if used Evo parts of questionable origin suddenly show up for sale, chances are someone here will know about it too.

ljcabrera
03-31-2005, 11:53 AM
thanks for the reponses. Keep em coming. I was already to start chaining the axles and what not to the car port and removing the steering wheel and ECU at night

DnB_design
03-31-2005, 12:24 PM
I use a clifford alarm and wheel locks from the dealer......I havn't been touched yet...*knock on wood*

Eclipse
03-31-2005, 12:53 PM
Use a car cover with a lock and cable to lessen the chance people see some they want. Just decrease the likelihood someones interest is attracted to the area.

Scott

ljcabrera
04-04-2005, 10:40 AM
Well I finally test drove it sunday. DAmn that thing was fast. No understeer like the WRX's I've driven. It just kiks you in the ass and next thing you know your doing 120. I'm extremely impressed. Handles stock about as well as my scca j-stock spec car.