PDA

View Full Version : Just got my '03 Evo 3 weeks ago... hello!

chills
03-31-2005, 08:04 PM
I just got my '03 Evo about 3 weeks ago... live in Fremont... Just wanted to say hello and such...

-chills

EvoRS_Mitch
03-31-2005, 08:28 PM
Welcome! :D

V8KiLL3R
03-31-2005, 08:30 PM
sup dude welcome to the board! :peewee:

evotistic
03-31-2005, 08:49 PM
Just curious...color? Welcome anyway!

chills
03-31-2005, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome...

It is a White '03... only had 14,000 miles on it... actually got it from my brother in law... and love driving it... He got new tail lights on it but not sure what kind they are... instead of the clear cover they have the red cover... which I like much better... so I'm glad that he got those before I baught it from him... the trunk is "de-baged" I think they call it... it only has the Mitsu symbol... no lettering... other than that it has a Perrin short shifter and is stock...

The only issue I see so far is that it grinds when shifting into 5th gear when at higher RPMs..... [/code]

evotistic
03-31-2005, 09:24 PM
clean....good color choice! I drive a white one also! Let the modding begin!

SJCoruja
03-31-2005, 11:47 PM
Welcome aboard! :)

lancerboy
03-31-2005, 11:58 PM
W E L C O M E!

hey how's it going bro :?:

i saw a WW with evo 7 tails(red cover) last sunday around 11 am at fremont blvd heading towards decoto. girl passenger waved at me. i (in silver) was in tamayo st. waitng for the light. would that probably be you?

do you take dumbarton bridge every am? coz i always see this same WW evo almost every am in decoto.

wilson1
03-31-2005, 11:59 PM
Welcome!

Whooopasss
04-01-2005, 12:47 AM
helloooooooooo

white..nice!! but we all know that blue is the fastest!!

twEeker
04-01-2005, 01:17 AM
I don't know, silver is pretty fast too.

chills
04-01-2005, 08:49 AM
Again.. thanks all for the warm welcome..

I am on Decoto every morning but I am getting on 880 south as I work in Santa Clara... so.. it is possible that's me... each morning...

As for Sunday morning... I live right by where you saw the white evo.. but I don't think I was driving around at that time... at least not that I remember...

I do remember seeing a silver evo the other day though, at the light of Tamayo and Fremont Blvd... right by the 76 station...

W E L C O M E!

hey how's it going bro :?:

i saw a WW with evo 7 tails(red cover) last sunday around 11 am at fremont blvd heading towards decoto. girl passenger waved at me. i (in silver) was in tamayo st. waitng for the light. would that probably be you?

do you take dumbarton bridge every am? coz i always see this same WW evo almost every am in decoto.

DB8GSR
04-01-2005, 09:39 AM
Welcome!

The only issue I see so far is that it grinds when shifting into 5th gear when at higher RPMs..... [/code]

I believe a handfull of '03 Evos (not all), primarily build month between February - August of '03 had this 5th gear grind issue. I know my Evo had the same symptoms at 10k miles with the build month of February, same as what you've described and got it fixed under warranty at the dealership. I believe they installed a more revised 5th gear synchro and other tranny components from what the service manager had told me. Since then, all is well. No more tranny issues. :D

I suggest you bring her in for warranty work. :!:

mrprotocols
04-01-2005, 09:50 AM
Again.. thanks all for the warm welcome..

I am on Decoto every morning but I am getting on 880 south as I work in Santa Clara... so.. it is possible that's me... each morning...

Koo, I think I see you driving on 880 before =)... I drive my sliver EVO on south 880 (CarPool Lane) every morning and I work in San Jose =0...

chills
04-01-2005, 10:15 AM
Welcome!

I believe a handfull of '03 Evos (not all), primarily build month between February - August of '03 had this 5th gear grind issue. I know my Evo had the same symptoms at 10k miles with the build month of February, same as what you've described and got it fixed under warranty at the dealership. I believe they installed a more revised 5th gear synchro and other tranny components from what the service manager had told me. Since then, all is well. No more tranny issues. :D

Thanks for the information.. I just called and scheduled an appointment for this coming Monday at the San Rafael Mitsubishi dealer... he said they will do the 3 recall updates as well as take a look at the 5th gear issue. He said that this isn't his first time hearing this as well and if it is the transmission I will need to leave the car there for a week... doh! Oh well... gots to get it fixed while I can....

Bernardio
04-01-2005, 12:03 PM
Cool! I'm a silver evo in ardenwood.. I'm sure we'll blast passed eachother someday. :driving:

xchoirboy
04-01-2005, 02:57 PM
Welcome!

Thanks for the information.. I just called and scheduled an appointment for this coming Monday at the San Rafael Mitsubishi dealer... he said they will do the 3 recall updates as well as take a look at the 5th gear issue. He said that this isn't his first time hearing this as well and if it is the transmission I will need to leave the car there for a week... doh! Oh well... gots to get it fixed while I can....
Had mine done there also. They'll take care of you.

welcome

ob4
04-01-2005, 05:13 PM
Welcome! Good color choice! 8)

lancerboy
04-01-2005, 08:43 PM
[quote="chills"]Again.. thanks all for the warm welcome..

As for Sunday morning... I live right by where you saw the white evo.. but I don't think I was driving around at that time... at least not that I remember...

I do remember seeing a silver evo the other day though, at the light of Tamayo and Fremont Blvd... right by the 76 station...[qoute] yup! that would probably me coz that's where i live 8)

chills
04-04-2005, 09:59 AM
Good news bad news from San Rafael Mitsu dealer... My 5th gear grinding is covered under warrenty... BUT... they will need the car for up to two weeks to get the transmission rebuilt! doh! hahahaha I am guessing they may need to order parts or something.. they probably have a lot of other cars to work on as well.. so I understand... at least it wont cost me anything but time...

They are very nice there actually.. I called around the local dealerships and they were all so rude and pissy about everything... These guys in San Rafael seem to be great guys... glad I took it there.. even though it was a little bit of a drive....

SouthernCrane
04-04-2005, 11:51 AM
welcome to the boards man! Sorry to hear about the tranny, but glad it's getting fixed under warranty.

MarkSAE
04-04-2005, 12:18 PM
Good news bad news from San Rafael Mitsu dealer... My 5th gear grinding is covered under warrenty... BUT... they will need the car for up to two weeks to get the transmission rebuilt! doh! hahahaha I am guessing they may need to order parts or something.. they probably have a lot of other cars to work on as well.. so I understand... at least it wont cost me anything but time...

They are very nice there actually.. I called around the local dealerships and they were all so rude and pissy about everything... These guys in San Rafael seem to be great guys... glad I took it there.. even though it was a little bit of a drive....

Well you brought your car to the right place. Your car is in good hands over there. They should be rebuilding your tranny with all the latest parts, so you'll have an updated tranny after you get it back. :D

Unowned
04-04-2005, 03:47 PM
Hey Welcome, i'm in Fremont in either my Blue 00 Eclipse or EB Evo on the weekends.