PDA

View Full Version : All images broken in old threads

earlyapex aka jack ass
12-10-2008, 12:01 PM
Is fixing all the broken images in the old threads on the to-do list or?

nebolic
12-10-2008, 12:27 PM
prob not unless there is a way to fix everything easily, from what i can see right now it is going into each post and editing it. Perhaps there may be a solution.

nebo

earlyapex aka jack ass
12-10-2008, 12:32 PM
prob not unless there is a way to fix everything easily, from what i can see right now it is going into each post and editing it. Perhaps there may be a solution.

nebo

:icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek:

Srsly? Was this something that was even thought about before shifting over to the new software?

There are TONS of images in tech threads and the like that no longer work.

So basically the site had a bunch of good information that was contributed and now it's all just broken img tags? Sweet!

mtsevovii
12-10-2008, 12:36 PM
and only 12 pics per post. all the posts with more will be deleted :(

chrisw
12-10-2008, 12:56 PM

nebo

the only part that is broken is the old image tags had height and width parameters that are not used.

We can't run a query that will do a global search and replace?

drmosh
12-10-2008, 01:09 PM
We're seeing if we can do it from a mass query.

chrisw
12-11-2008, 10:51 AM
We're seeing if we can do it from a mass query.

cool thanks!

drmosh
12-11-2008, 03:51 PM
At this point we face a two faced problem... the mass query update and the fact that the vbulletin import process also took out a lot of the [img] tags that were not compatible...

It would help if the OP's of the threads can help edit their own posts but we'll be going through and see if a mass update can be done, this will take considerable amount of time though.

missred
12-11-2008, 08:01 PM
I'm working on a few threads to get images up, but it will definitely take some time.

Terenus
12-11-2008, 10:18 PM
Just let the pics burn!

mtsevovii
12-11-2008, 11:21 PM
Just let the pics burn!

you.

go away.

~shoo~

TougeGod7
12-11-2008, 11:45 PM
i miss the old NCE :cry:

earlyapex aka jack ass
12-11-2008, 11:48 PM
Just let the pics burn!

I think maybe in socal where there are less tech and tech related threads with images that might be ok. Norcal *was* very tech related with alot of images that helped the community pick what modifications to do next for their power goals, ecu tuning reference tables that where images, datalog images etc. A bunch of people took a bit of time and commitment to share these images and related tech with the community.

Are you guys telling me you didn't look into how the images would carry over to the new forum? Is this something that was or was not anticipated? Basically what happened is that the move just swept all that under the rug.

Can you not do a global find and replace to replace "[img]" with "[img]"?

I mean, it is 2008, about to be 2009 right?

"Just let the pics burn!" coming from a moderator concerns me a bit...

Terenus
12-12-2008, 12:11 AM
It's a joke, you know like ha...ha...ha? I don't normally post here so I guess you're not used to my blunt humor.

I didn't know I'm a Mod, thanks for pointing it out.

As for your "concern" I do care.

earlyapex aka jack ass
12-12-2008, 12:22 AM
I didn't know I'm a Mod, thanks for pointing it out.

Terenus (http://www.norcalevo.net/member.php?u=702) http://www.norcalevo.net/images/statusicon/user_online.gif
Super Moderator

There ya go, now you know. ;)

Terenus
12-12-2008, 09:44 AM
TYVM!

PAT@FFTEC
12-12-2008, 09:44 AM
Is this something that was or was not anticipated? Basically what happened is that the move just swept all that under the rug.

Not to add any fuel to the fire but that's exactly what i was thinking and i'm by no means a interweb guru but even a computer noob like myself was pondering this while the migration was occuring.

I speak only for myself but the mojority of my time on these forums is not to just BS with people but mainly to read and add technical info and in this day and age you gotta have pics and vids to please the masses.......i thought that was just a given with how savy people are and w/ how much access people have to include that type of media in there discussions.

I can't begin to tell you how many times i search w/ the key words of "pics or vids"

And i'll admit i'm too lazy and too busy to go into all of my old threads that have pics/vids to change the tags.....

steevo8
12-12-2008, 10:54 AM
I think what is and has been pretty obvious is that tech stuff is not a priority around here. Orginization is not big on the to do list either. I tried to put together a monthly news letter with updates on events, track days, a members spot light with pics and a bio of a member, updates on tuning info and such. When I suggested this do you know how many people responded? 6! None of them mods, admins, or even well known members. The only thing around here is the off topic section, and cashing vendors checks. There's roughly a half dozen members here that contribute to tech stuff regularly. And that's even optimistic.

I don't know if you noticed who got vendor status before anyone else when the new site went up, but I can tell you it for sure wasn't in alphabeticle order that's for sure, and IMO if your not a golden vendor, your word don't mean crap. I may be way off base, but even if so, I'm not the only one thinking it... I'm just the only one saying it.

KevOVIII
12-12-2008, 07:12 PM
Bring the site down and do a MySQL query search/replace on command line in Apache. :)

KevOVIII
12-12-2008, 07:14 PM
... back up the DB first.

Lucky13Evo
12-13-2008, 08:04 PM
help Ive lost my screen name and cant get it back... This is lucky13evo posting from another screen name. Ive pm'd two moderators and still no one has even replied, i know you guys are busy but i was just hoping that maybe i can get my screen name back. Sorry about the thread jack, and yes the loss of pics really does blow. I feel like NCE kinda just got weak sauce.

lqdchkn
12-14-2008, 10:44 AM
I feel like NCE kinda just got weak sauce.

And this blue isn't helping. :lol:

lqdchkn
12-14-2008, 10:45 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Oh and it looks like we don't have the "LOL" smiley anymore :headshake:

missred
12-14-2008, 10:56 AM
So far I've gone thru the majority of the photography subforums, working on the show and shine, technical subforum, and meets and events. Slowly but surely will get pics up folks.

lqdchkn
12-14-2008, 11:09 AM
So far I've gone thru the majority of the photography subforums, working on the show and shine, technical subforum, and meets and events. Slowly but surely will get pics up folks.

Paul, are you friggin kidding? Your doing it by hand? :icon_eek:

steevo8
12-14-2008, 12:00 PM

Wow what a waste of time... People here have already stated what needs to happen.

missred
12-14-2008, 12:50 PM

unfortunately ...yes

Wow what a waste of time... People here have already stated what needs to happen.

I understand that, but I am limited to only simple adjustments on the forum. My thought is to at least help out with the tools that were given to me and hoping that it is not a waste of time, although my intentions were to help in some way or another. :icon_biggrin:

lqdchkn
12-14-2008, 12:56 PM
At least someone is helping

Thanks Paul:thumbsup::icon_peace:

superfleajq
12-16-2008, 01:14 AM
so is that the end of it then? all images are broken until manually fixed? ...any updates on this?

earlyapex aka jack ass
12-16-2008, 01:17 AM
so is that the end of it then? all images are broken until manually fixed? ...any updates on this?

I've been going through all my old threads, which is totally insane...

earlyapex aka jack ass
01-05-2009, 05:16 PM
Bump for an update other than poor Mzzzred having to hand fix all the broken img links?

All the threads in the Power Mods section still have broken imgs, minus the threads I have gone back into and hand fixed.

What's the 411 on this?

chrisw
01-05-2009, 05:49 PM

this is exactly what I was thinking as well. Even if you are limited to a SQL query, it can be done.

hard part is getting the query syntax correct.

earlyapex aka jack ass
01-18-2009, 07:59 PM
Bump for an update other than poor Mzzzred having to hand fix all the broken img links?

All the threads in the Power Mods section still have broken imgs, minus the threads I have gone back into and hand fixed.

What's the 411 on this?

Hello?

CasperIXse
01-18-2009, 08:02 PM
seriously its such a pain in the ass to go into an old thread for reference pics and having to change everything myself.

i vote bryan for mod to finally fix this

Matz
01-18-2009, 10:11 PM
yeah, and while we're at it, let's bump up the max # characters per post. I went and hand edited a lengthy post last week, only in the end for the bb to say "sorry, you typed too much". wtf?

earlyapex aka jack ass
01-19-2009, 06:38 PM

What's the 411 on this?

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

admin
02-09-2009, 02:08 PM
Bug fixed. Finally got the script to work. Posts and sigs have been cleaned.

earlyapex aka jack ass
02-09-2009, 09:09 PM
Bug fixed. Finally got the script to work. Posts and sigs have been cleaned.

Welcome to two months ago. We've all moved on from the site now. Good job, you where on that!

admin
02-09-2009, 09:14 PM
Oh come on, it hasnt been two months yet...

earlyapex aka jack ass
02-09-2009, 09:30 PM
Oh come on, it hasnt been two months yet...

I asked this question on Dec 10th, (first post in this thread)

You are right, it hasn't been two months yet. It will be two months...

tomorrow.

admin
02-09-2009, 10:15 PM
Exactly. I was joking...