PDA

View Full Version : Feb 28th Meet in Hayward (convoy from Sacramento)

nebolic
02-10-2004, 10:08 AM
:shock:

I wanted to get a feel of how many people from Sacramento and surrounding area want to drive in a group from around here to Hayward.

I am thinking that we should have a meeting area in Fairfield before hand and convoy down to Hayward from there on Feb 28th for the meet at GB Motorsports. What does everyone think about that in the Sacramento and surrounding area, or would people like to go alone(?)

If we have people interested, we can map out a scenic route to take down to Hayward.... Please post up here if you're interested and also PM if you can so we can start setting up a date and a map to drive for us Sacramento and surrounding area folks. :twisted:

ytsejam
02-10-2004, 01:22 PM
Caravan List:
- Nebolic
- Warpspeed
- CollinsT
- Ytsejam
- Thomas
- uhoh_evo
- usdmct9a
- jbigelow (maybe)

please post if any1 else wanna join.

warpspeed
02-10-2004, 05:19 PM
Most likely I am going to roll with you guys. I pm Eddy about this road that suppose to have some twisties that is on the way down to Hayward. I don't know if Eddy talked to you about this. I still have to check out the road you know....cops,one lane or two and if the road if not jacked up.

ytsejam
02-10-2004, 05:33 PM
you're in, warpspeed ;)

thomas
02-10-2004, 07:55 PM
im in...thats four...good even number :wink:

anybody else down? ROLL CALL!!!

i like warpspeeds idea...nice scenic drive down to haytown.

ytsejam
02-10-2004, 09:01 PM
bump

thomas
02-10-2004, 09:36 PM
bump

deez nuts...haha :D

CollinsT
02-11-2004, 12:25 AM
I will go I live in roseville a suburb of Sac

warpspeed
02-11-2004, 12:27 AM
alright. our list is expanding.

nebolic
02-11-2004, 03:20 AM
Nice so the list so far

Nebolic
Warpspeed
CollinsT
Ytsejam
Thomas

a few days before the event I will PM everyone on the list and I will send out email and phone numbers so we can communicate. Hope more people sign on, and the list will be edited once more people sign on.

nebolic
02-11-2004, 11:41 AM
bump

usdmct9a
02-12-2004, 01:07 AM
I was wondering where and what time you planned on meeting in the Fairfield area.

I live in Vallejo but I don't mind on back tracking a little.

nebolic
02-12-2004, 09:47 AM
i'm gonna say we should meet in fairfield around 11AM since the bay area folks are gonna meet in milpitas at around 11am too, i figured if we meet in Fairfield at 11am we should be able to make it to GB motorsports at or around the same time they do. If that doesnt work for people let me know, we can take a vote on it, but 11am would be the plan for now.

uhoh_evo
02-12-2004, 10:17 AM
i guess im up for wasting some gas. im comin from tracy, but i'll meet up w/ you guys and then head down to hayward. i usually don't work weekends so i'll have all day to spend. i gotta request off just in case, but count me in

nebolic
02-12-2004, 10:20 AM
okie cool the list is growing
Nebolic
Warpspeed
CollinsT
Ytsejam
Thomas
uhoh_evo
usdmct9a

Once again I will send pms to everyone in a few days to get contact info and to arrange the meeting. Also if you do not have a walkie talkie, let me know because i will go to best buy a few days before hand and pick some up so we can communicate with each other during the cruise. Thanks for replies guys, lets keep it up and we can get a sizeable group to meet up with the bay area folks.

ytsejam
02-12-2004, 10:52 AM
damn, if everybody on the list shows up, it'll be a nice caravan to hayward...

warpspeed
02-12-2004, 11:33 AM
This is getting good. I have a boost mobile phone so if anybody has one or a Nextel,I'll give you my ID for the caravan down. If not, I'll give my number.
That damn accident on the bridge this morning messed me up. I was going to check out those roads that I talked about earlier, now I have no time. I'll try again another day. Most likely on Sunday since I am heading to Tracy and backtrack going home.
One idea guys, on the way down to Hayward, does anybody had those FRS radio? I was thinking it would be good if we did so we can talk/bullshit on the way down and use the our phone for emergencies. It's kinda hard to dial and drive at the same time.
What do you guys think?

nebolic
02-12-2004, 11:36 AM
we shouldnt worry too much about that aspect, i think thomas a set of two radies, ytsejam has a set of two, and i'm gonna go buy a 2 pack at best buy so we should have a total of 8 radios. I just need a count later on this week to see who has a radio or not so i can prepare. Warpspeed, if you want to wait till next week, i can check out the road with you, if not thats cool.

nebo

warpspeed
02-12-2004, 11:37 AM
I was wondering where and what time you planned on meeting in the Fairfield area.

I live in Vallejo but I don't mind on back tracking a little.

Well if the guys don't really mind, we can meet up with you at Pep Boys in Vallejo and from there to Hayward.

warpspeed
02-12-2004, 11:41 AM
That would be cool but it would probably be on a Monday or Tuesday because those are my days off from work.

usdmct9a
02-12-2004, 09:43 PM
Well if the guys don't really mind, we can meet up with you at Pep Boys in Vallejo and from there to Hayward.

I have no problem with this.

What was the spot in Fairfield though? Don't remember seeing a post on that.

nebolic
02-12-2004, 09:53 PM
heres the plan, 1st spot to meet up is at ARden fair best buy parking lot sacramento.

2nd spot to meet is the starbucks off N. TEXAS road in fairfield.

3rd stop would be as warpspeed stated at pep boys in vallejo. I will plan the exact stop we will have and also the time frame of all thats going to happen. If that sort of sounds like a good idea please respond back so I can make a definete plan of trip.

usdmct9a
02-12-2004, 10:11 PM
So far that I know I'm the only one in Vallejo. I don't have a problem with that. But if everybody else would like to limit the number of stops I still don't mind Fairfield. I think Warpspeed is in Fairfield already.

nebolic
02-12-2004, 10:18 PM
sounds good, i think if you will be the only one in vallejo, it might make sense to only make 2 stops. 1 in sacraneto and 1 in fairfield. I will make a new posting pretty soon to give exact time and locations of each places.

lkwdkuraj02
02-12-2004, 10:56 PM
OK....have to ask....Anyone else caraving from sacramento that doesN'T have an EVO???....

nebolic
02-12-2004, 11:21 PM
possibly some suburarus and s14

ytsejam
02-13-2004, 08:26 AM
you can join us if you want.

Ralli//Art Chapter...nice!!!

warpspeed
02-13-2004, 11:59 AM
Ya. I think it makes more sense to have less stops. Say nebo, are you talking about that new Starbucks off the freeway next to the Chevron Station?

nebolic
02-13-2004, 12:04 PM
yeah i think thats it, its a few blocks off the freeway, it also has a blockbuster video in the same complex. I guess its the usual parking lot that people meet at on friday nights to go out to the "night races" do you have an idea of where i'm talking about?

warpspeed
02-13-2004, 01:16 PM
I think so. Don't worry, I'll find it.

thomas
02-13-2004, 02:51 PM
you can join us if you want.

Ralli//Art Chapter...nice!!!

haha, G. doing some recruiting, are we? haha. good sh!t, mang.

hey warpspeed. i was juss thinking about that when i was reading your post. walkie/talkies are the best way to go. unfortunately, i only got one. its a motorola, but i think its compatible with all the other models. look into getting one, or sharing a 2-pack with nebolic. i think itll be kinda cool juss talking about random sh!t cruising down to hayward.

ytsejam and i have been doing that for awhile now. still waiting for nebo to get one. :roll:

keep the times and places updated, nebolic. youre doing a good job, mang.

nebolic
02-13-2004, 03:10 PM
I recently PM'ed everyone in regards to sending me some contact info so I can get an email list out that way, us localers can get in touch of each other, once i receive a response back, I will share the info with everyone else and we can have a big group hug heh heh, Also Im trying to get a hold of Hagakure from EVOm he has a works prepped evo, trying to get him to join us on the drive down.

ytsejam
02-13-2004, 10:04 PM
i have another motorola walkie talkie, but it needs 4 AAA batteries.

EDIT: it's a cobra, not motorola

warpspeed
02-14-2004, 02:07 AM
Ya. I have to get some new batteries also.

EvolvedDSM
02-14-2004, 08:31 AM
Count me in for a strong maybe. Since Starbucks is involved, I think my wife will be joining me ;) We will discuss further so that I can confirm in the next few days.

nebolic
02-14-2004, 10:53 AM
good cuz ill be bring my fiance/wife too, so i guess all the women can chit chat while we have fun with the EVO :-)

warpspeed
02-14-2004, 11:55 AM
good cuz ill be bring my fiance/wife too, so i guess all the women can chit chat while we have fun with the EVO :-)

I would bring my wife too but if she starts talking with your girl/fiance, she might not want to do the marriage thing. :lol:
Just playing. Just make sure she doesn't know what you bought and for how much.....this is for everybody that brings their girl. If somebody reminds me at the meet, I'll tell you a story about this sort of situation. :wink:

nebolic
02-14-2004, 12:45 PM
good looking out, gonna remember this :-) heheeh

ytsejam
02-14-2004, 02:17 PM
to marry or not to marry...that's the question?
;)

hope to see you all ....

nebolic
02-15-2004, 11:23 AM
contact info,

thanks guys i have most of the contact info from everybody, i'm just waiting for a few more people, once its complete, i will send it out, so if you received a pM from recently, i missing your info to complete the contact list.

thanks,
Nebo

ytsejam
02-15-2004, 12:48 PM
dood u have mine, why inbox again...LOL...

free bump

nebolic
02-15-2004, 12:55 PM
cuz i was in auto mode when i was copying and pasting the message, i have your info already, just a few others that i dont have, thats why i sent out the reminder.

peace out
nebo

warpspeed
02-15-2004, 02:32 PM
Well guys I checked out some spots for the drive down to Hayward. I already PM nebolic the info so I'll share it with you guys. The spot is too dangerous. No guard rails. One wrong turn and off the cliff you go. Like I told nebolic, it's okay if 2 cars at a time goes through but if all of us at the same time and one car makes a mistake, it might take the rest of the caravan. I'll try and find something safer...hopefully.

thomas
02-15-2004, 03:45 PM
ah, that sucks. i was looking forward to a scenic drive...hopefully we can find one before the meet comes up.

if not, its cool, cause theres gonna be a very nice posse of evos cruising to the yay area! haha, thats gonna looking phucking awesome.

nebolic
02-17-2004, 07:06 PM
update on Time and Meeting place for the Convoys down to Hayward.

Date Feb 28th: There will be two locations where we will be meeting please read carefully for the locations and time below.

SACRAMENTO
Time 10:00am to 10:30am
1901 Arden Way
Sacramento, CA 95815

The planned meeting time is between 10am to 10:30am in sacramento, from there we will meet with other fellows in Fairfield.

FAIRFIELD
Time: 11:00am to 11:30am
3334 North Texas Street
Fairfield CA, 94533

Again the planned departure time from Fairfield is 11:30am the latest, as there is supposedly a big turnout at GB Motorsport, we hope to arrive there a little earlier to get a good parking spot.

Now I sent out a contact list earlier this evening, that will be convenient if you happen to run late and need to contact someone. Hope we can get a good turn out and I will bump this message periodically to make sure other members see's this post.

Also, any new members that would like to join our convoy down to Hayward, please send me an email at [email protected] with your name, email and cell phone number and in return I will put you on our contact list and send the list to you.

P.S I sent everyone who signed up an email for the contact list, however my comcast cable = (POS) is acting all wierd on me, so if you do not receive the contact list, please send me a PM and I will sort it out. Thanks

Nebo
8)

carbonevo8
02-17-2004, 08:11 PM
hey guys whats up sorry its kinda late but if you have room count me in i just joined not too long ago and this would be my first meet with my evo if it isnt too crowded id like to join you guys. i guess il bring my girl since some guys are i talked to a couple of guys in the bay about going and they sent me your way. im gonna bring the vide camera so i should have a movie up after the meet so let me know guys. thanks

oh yeah i can meet at the arden best buy i live in lodi its right next to stockton. so im in for sure if you guys dont care meening i wont flake

warpspeed
02-17-2004, 08:17 PM
Cool. The more the better. Just pm Nebolic with you info.

nebolic
02-17-2004, 08:39 PM
carboevo8 i just sent you a PM, as soon as you can get me your email address, i'll hook u up on the contact list. ;-) P.S I also tried calling u.

Nebo

evofan0717
02-19-2004, 01:48 PM
Is there anyone going to the NASA HPDE that weekend @ T-hill?

GBmotorsports
02-21-2004, 01:45 AM
If you need directions folks let me know....

:D

gino

Evil EV0
02-22-2004, 02:49 AM
Hmm...I might be off that day. If so I might head up there.

Carbonevo...I would most likely meet up with you if you dont mind, Im coming from the Modesto area so I have to drive through Lodi anyways. We'll see once the weekend gets closer. If not I guess I could just drive up to Sac and meet you guys there.

nebolic
02-22-2004, 02:55 AM
okie as the weekend comes closer, i will repost the locations and times again for people to see.

also any questions just PM or email me at [email protected]

CollinsT
02-23-2004, 06:34 PM
can this be here allready I really want to check out all the goodies

ytsejam
02-23-2004, 06:51 PM
hold ur horses, collins ;)

JanSolo
02-23-2004, 10:52 PM
It always sucks waiting a month till the next big meet. I guarantee that after this meet, you will want the next one to happen a week later. ;)

CollinsT
02-25-2004, 05:52 PM
can this be here allready I really want to check out all the goodies''Hold my horses hu! shit i have a bunch of hooves under my hood that need some love from a new exhaust and intake and either Xflash, Xedeor p2 works flash.

chris
02-25-2004, 06:45 PM
hahaha. good luck! p2 feels great thats all i can tell you!

nebolic
02-25-2004, 10:46 PM
update on Time and Meeting place for the Convoys down to Hayward.

Date Feb 28th: There will be two locations where we will be meeting please read carefully for the locations and time below.

SACRAMENTO
Time 10:00am to 10:30am
1901 Arden Way
Sacramento, CA 95815

The planned meeting time is between 10am to 10:30am in sacramento, from there we will meet with other fellows in Fairfield.

FAIRFIELD
Time: 11:00am to 11:30am
3334 North Texas Street
Fairfield CA, 94533

Again the planned departure time from Fairfield is 11:30am the latest, as there is supposedly a big turnout at GB Motorsport, we hope to arrive there a little earlier to get a good parking spot. :D

bump in case any members have questions or didnt see the original posts.

any questions call me or PM or email
[email protected]
408-421-0231

SilverBullet
02-26-2004, 01:15 AM
whats up im in the sac area .. .. so when and where?

nebolic
02-26-2004, 10:53 AM
I pm you with instructions, but in case you didnt get it, read the post prior to your post, those are the extended instructions.

call me if you have questions
408-421-0231

nebolic
02-26-2004, 09:04 PM
Just a friendly reminder... if you have a two way radio (those 2 mile radius walkie talkies) please remember to bring them so we can communicate.

Thanks,
Nebo

jbigelow
02-26-2004, 10:19 PM
aight, i am definitely in on the drive up to hayward!!!!!! :)

-jbigs

Dogtown
02-26-2004, 10:54 PM
Anyone choose a channel for those 2 ways yet?

nebolic
02-27-2004, 08:33 AM
nope, cuz we'll decide when we meet up on saturday to choose which channel to use.

warpspeed
02-27-2004, 09:34 AM
I have the motorola one that can go from 2miles and 5 miles. :D

thomas
02-27-2004, 06:02 PM
Anyone choose a channel for those 2 ways yet?

fo' sho! channel 8, fool!o :shock:

i think its appropriate.

ytsejam
02-27-2004, 06:27 PM
no man, channel 3.. ;)