PDA

View Full Version : Wine country C&C welcome.

steevo8
12-11-2008, 03:15 PM
Hey guys I shot a dozen or so pics today at a vineyard I was passing by for practice as I would like to get a couple prints together for my grandma thats of the wine country theme. I edited it on my Dell monitor and it looks odd, but on my mac it lkos great, so I went to my living room pc and it looks much the same as my dell monitor(also a dell but 19" not 24". What do ou guys think of the colors? saturation, brightness etc?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3155/3100508947_0664f5835f_o.jpg

bricel24
12-11-2008, 03:25 PM
Looks good to me.

steevo8
12-11-2008, 03:39 PM
Thanks man... Im not at all happy with the shot in general but the colors and detail look good to me on my mac. Just not as great on my pc.

ChuckP
12-11-2008, 03:44 PM
Looks good on my PC. (LG flatpanel)

cire
12-11-2008, 04:04 PM
looks good stevo.

do you know how to get rid of the haze of the mountains? i've had shots like this before. just that bit of haze in the atmosphere and causes the background to be less sharp. of course it doesn't affect the sky because it has no details. but the mountain could be a bit sharper. i've messed around with it endlessly in PS on my photos and justcouldn't get it right. enlighten me if you have any tips...

steevo8
12-11-2008, 04:27 PM
nope, no clue man. Bryan is the PS guru so maybe he can give us a lesson on it?

mtsevovii
12-11-2008, 04:48 PM
looks good stevo.

do you know how to get rid of the haze of the mountains? i've had shots like this before. just that bit of haze in the atmosphere and causes the background to be less sharp. of course it doesn't affect the sky because it has no details. but the mountain could be a bit sharper. i've messed around with it endlessly in PS on my photos and justcouldn't get it right. enlighten me if you have any tips...

use filters?

steevo8
12-11-2008, 05:04 PM
yeah a polarizer would have helped a bit with the haze as well as saturated the sky. After thinking about it more, I went up a bit on vibrance when I loaded the raw file into PS and I think that had a lot to do with the not so natural look. I didn't pay close attention to the vines and such when I was using vibrance and just looked at the sky.