PDA

View Full Version : Front Plate Violation (LAME!)

e8
12-07-2008, 05:59 PM
Story.

It's the day before Thanksgiving and I just got off work. I am going down 280S towards SJ to meet some old college friends for dinner and I am going about 65-70 and about 4 car lengths behind the car in front of me. I'm in the middle lane. I pass a CHP, check my speed, and think nothing of it. 5 minutes later, I see the CHP on my ass, then pulls to my right and "flys" by so that his rear bumper matches my front bumper. He then slams on his brakes and proceeds to tail me for another 1-2 miles.

He pulls me over because it was "damp" outside and because I was "tailgating" and had no front plate. He writes me up for the front plate only (thank goodness). Last time I got pulled over, 5 years ago, I was doing 55 in a 45 just before Niles Canyon in my VIII and the CHP gave me the SAME... "oh it's damp and we need you all to be careful" crap. That was literally like the day before my birthday. Now I know, drive extra careful around major holidays/dates or when it's "damp" outside.

Annyyyyhow... I already slapped my front plate back on, so can I just got to the DMV to get this signed off, or do I need to actually go to my local PD? And, once that's done, I just send this violation back to the superior court where it's due... but I wasn't given any violation fees... so then what? Will that be given to me when I get this signed off? Lame... now my car looks ugly.

Ben
12-07-2008, 06:01 PM
Wrong section! Go find a cop, point at your front plate, and tell that biatch to sign off your ticket.

e8
12-07-2008, 06:07 PM
Wrong section! Go find a cop, point at your front plate, and tell that biatch to sign off your ticket.

lawlz, alright, mod move this to the right section?

i guess off topic.

CasperIXse
12-07-2008, 06:10 PM
^law enforcement and smog law section
:thumbup:

e8
12-07-2008, 06:26 PM
^law enforcement and smog law section
:thumbup:

dude my brain is totally firing on all cylinders today.

i just got a call back from Best Buy because i miss-wrote my check for the 5D MKII. i wrote two thousand thirty six instead of two thousand nine hundred thirty six. :lol:

mtsevovii
12-07-2008, 06:33 PM
looks like more and more ppl getting cited for front plates. :? man i dont want to hassle with my bracket.. it wont fit now so i have it off... :x