PDA

View Full Version : Works P2 Dyno Sheet

Option2
02-10-2004, 04:42 PM
A group of my friends got together last weekend for a dyno day at ATP.

Here is my dyno sheet with a Works P2 and turbo back exhaust (no cat):

http://home.comcast.net/~jgtc-nsx/worksdynoaf.JPG

Option2
02-10-2004, 04:45 PM
On a side note, this is not EVO related but here is my buddy's GTR on the dyno.

http://home.comcast.net/~jgtc-nsx/gtr1.mpg

ytsejam
02-10-2004, 05:04 PM
interesting because on dyno pack, that # is probably around 220-230whp (?) and also considering you have turboback & P2.

EDIT: i was expecting pretty good gain from turboback...

Option2
02-10-2004, 05:12 PM

ytsejam
02-10-2004, 05:14 PM
that i am not sure because dyno #s that i've seen so far, most of them were done on a dyno pak, like vishnu's dyno and i've seen around 220-230 just with xflash & catback.
anyways, i am not sure, let's wait for other ppl to chime in.

what's the dyno # on the GTR?

Option2
02-10-2004, 05:40 PM
312 WHP

rodw
02-10-2004, 05:47 PM
Awesome dyno #'s !!!

Just look at the area under the curve and the flat tq curve.

IMHO Works P2 has a much better area under the curve than xflash...

but we can only compare apples to apples if someone w/ the same setup as Jay's but w/ xflash dyno at ATP.

thomas
02-10-2004, 09:54 PM
good numbers! how much for the dyno pulls. ive been thinking about getting my numbers on paper, too. gotta love the semi-flat power band, haha. pulls very well...

OT: hey rodw, you got anything done to your ride, did i meet you at thunderhill? were you the owner of the evo with the 3 defi pods?

JanSolo
02-10-2004, 10:00 PM
We will be working on getting some dyno runs at a future event. So if you missed the runs over at Vishnu, you'll definitely have a chance again for a dyno run in the future.

thomas
02-10-2004, 10:09 PM
keep us informed, Jan. i really wanna kno how much im putting down... :wink:

blitzkrgCT9A
02-11-2004, 01:38 AM
http://www.gruppe-s.com/Evo/EVODyno.jpg

our dyno results from ATP.

Mods: helix downpipe, 3" cat, and HKS Hiper. (stock intake)

with that said, I question the accuracy of ATP's dyno now.. hmm :roll:

MPJ Performance
02-11-2004, 01:46 AM
Looks about right to me Cal, some tuning would smooth that graph out and probably pickup about 10-20hp as well.

Mike

rodw
02-11-2004, 09:27 AM
Thomas,
My evo is stock, I don't think I've met you. No, I wasn't at Thill.

ytsejam
02-11-2004, 10:34 AM
exactly, blitz, that's y i am kinda skeptical about the atp dyno.
i'd expect P2 + turbo back (& catless) should get better #s than your mods, no offense.

Option2
02-11-2004, 11:25 AM
good numbers! how much for the dyno pulls. ive been thinking about getting my numbers on paper, too. gotta love the semi-flat power band, haha. pulls very well...

OT: hey rodw, you got anything done to your ride, did i meet you at thunderhill? were you the owner of the evo with the 3 defi pods?

It is $65 with A/F for 3 runs. This is ofcourse with the discount for a dyno day. Regular price is $85

Option2
02-11-2004, 11:26 AM
http://www.gruppe-s.com/Evo/EVODyno.jpg

our dyno results from ATP.

Mods: helix downpipe, 3" cat, and HKS Hiper. (stock intake)

with that said, I question the accuracy of ATP's dyno now.. hmm :roll:

DavidV
02-11-2004, 12:19 PM
(Putting WORKS hat back on at the request of another board member)

Since we are comparing dyno plots, I thought I would chime in. If I have said it once, I have said it a million times -- peak HP numbers don’t tell the whole story. I'm almost tempted to say they should be disregarded entirely just so people stop fixating on them.

Comparing Option's plot against Blitz's plot -- ask yourself, how would each of these cars drive? How would it feel? Which would you rather have?

The P2 plot is straight across the top on power. Compare this to plots you have seen on untuned cars (like Blitz's) or from tuners that hit a high peak for bragging rights and then fall off immediately, and you can see how long and steady the P2 keeps on the power.

This is evidenced in the recent simulated street race between members of this board. A P2 car led another P2 car followed by an Xflash.

Did the P2 cars lead because they made more peak horsepower? Unlikely.

The P2 cars led, and will continue to lead, because the area under the curve is tremendous.

Also, it helps to understand the importance of torque. Horsepower is a function of torque -- a byproduct of torque, if you will -- but torque is the less glamorous force that is actually responsible for moving the car.

So Blitz hit a marginally higher peak HP number before everything started falling apart... big deal. Compare the two torque numbers. That is what you actually feel.

It's too bad the untuned car doesn't show af/r. That would also be fun to compare against the absolutely ideal af/r shown on the P2 graph.

Matter of fact, it would also be an eye-opener posting the P2 boost graph on Option's car (or any other P2 car) against an untuned car, or a car tuned by another vendor. That too would raise some eyebrows.

Anyway, I guess what they say is true. A little information is a dangerous thing. When people start reading dyno plots based on peak HP numbers, they are missing 90% or more of what is really going on.

Mind you, Option's graph is not perfect. It has a dip at 5.5k rpm that I am not thrilled with (perhaps from running with no-cat -- the P2 tune does not account for the lack of a cat, and this could be throwing things off a bit) but nevertheless, between the two graphs, I know which of the two I would rather be driving home.

-- DavidV :D

rodw
02-11-2004, 12:22 PM
Word!.... :D

I couldn't have said that better.....thanks Daivd for clearing things up!

blitzkrgCT9A
02-11-2004, 01:11 PM
actually I was jus question the accuracy of ATP's dyno. :) no pun intended towards WORKS or anyone for that matter. :)

Option2
02-12-2004, 09:31 PM
When people post their dyno numbers, are they corrected or uncorrected?I read somewhere on Vishnu's site that they post uncorrected numbers.
Here is my dyno with uncorrected numbers:

271 WHP 272 TQ

http://home.comcast.net/~jgtc-nsx/dyno2.JPG

JanSolo
02-12-2004, 09:34 PM
Look at that curve. Gawddamn.

GokuSSJ4
02-13-2004, 01:51 AM
do you guys at Work offer besides the P2 a cam program for peeps that are running 264/272 cams ??
and willa FMIC upgrade throw the P2 off ??
i also have cam gears but dont know what the settings are , since i wasnt clear at thunderhill of that i didnt get the P2 from you guys ..please let me know thanks .
Also i thought that David didnt work at Works anymore ... :?