PDA

View Full Version : Kansai MR springs, worth it?

1stSAGE
04-06-2005, 08:46 PM
I got a quote for these HKS springs:

http://www.kansaiss.co.jp/html/parts/ksm055.htm

for $480 + shipping. Arrives in 6-8 weeks.

I have no info on these springs besides a Google translated version of the above link, so my question is, are these what I think they are, lowering springs for the MR with the bilstein suspension? And will these work with US Evos? They can be installed just like any other spring sets right?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Whooopasss
04-06-2005, 08:47 PM
I thought kansai is hks??

nebolic
04-06-2005, 08:59 PM
not sure if it will work but suspension set up for U.S cars, Europe and Asia all different. Different demographics and different road conditions, thats why they are set up different. Probably if its for a JDM spec I'm going to guess that it won't work properly for a USDM spec.

Nebo

evo_dadi
04-06-2005, 09:02 PM
we got shitty roads and rim killing potholes here in our side of the country :lol:

lancerboy
04-06-2005, 09:09 PM
i'm not really sure about it's compatibility with our USDM. but if you are gonna gets some springs you might consider the WORKS ride springs. 1" drop both in the front and rear.

1stSAGE
04-06-2005, 09:21 PM
Damn, I was hoping for some better news, heh.

Anyone know a reliable and accurate source to find out whether those springs will indeed fit on the USDM Evo 8? Or someone who is really knowledgeable about the difference between JDM and USDM MR suspension?

I'm like the only person who is still riding on stock height, show some pity!

earlyapex
04-06-2005, 11:06 PM
Damn, I was hoping for some better news, heh.

Anyone know a reliable and accurate source to find out whether those springs will indeed fit on the USDM Evo 8? Or someone who is really knowledgeable about the difference between JDM and USDM MR suspension?

I'm like the only person who is still riding on stock height, show some pity!

I am still riding with stock springs on my MR. $480 + shipping is insane.

MarkSAE
04-07-2005, 09:36 AM
Last time I was down at WORKS, someone was getting a set of "ride" springs installed on his MR. According to Tyler, they were the "first MR ride springs". Give WORKS a call.

1stSAGE
04-07-2005, 01:26 PM
Last time I was down at WORKS, someone was getting a set of "ride" springs installed on his MR. According to Tyler, they were the "first MR ride springs". Give WORKS a call.

The WORKS springs are probably the most ideal choice performance wise. But I'm also looking for that perfect drop, more in the front and less in the back. I think the WORKS spring drops the car 1" evenly from front to back.

MarkSAE
04-07-2005, 03:14 PM
Ouch.. $480+shipping is a lot for just some springs that are pretty unproven here in the U.S. I think asiansceneEVO has some espelir springs on his MR.

http://registry.evolutionm.net/viewride.php?vid=3792

I hear ya on wanting more drop up front though. I currently have eibach prokits and I want to get rid of the remaining front fender gap. I'll probably end up getting a set of coilovers.

1stSAGE
04-07-2005, 05:04 PM
Ouch.. $480+shipping is a lot for just some springs that are pretty unproven here in the U.S. I think asiansceneEVO has some espelir springs on his MR.

http://registry.evolutionm.net/viewride.php?vid=3792

I hear ya on wanting more drop up front though. I currently have eibach prokits and I want to get rid of the remaining front fender gap. I'll probably end up getting a set of coilovers.

I've checked out the drop on asiansceneEVO's Esperlir ASD and the drop is the same from front to back.

Coilovers is a little too much for my use, on top of the fact that it'll be costly to have/maintain them.