PDA

View Full Version : Close Calls

mtsevovii
12-26-2008, 01:08 PM
post up your close calls

where the police went out of their way to check you and your car, but decide to not pull you over and go on their way.

and how often does that occur to you? oh and post up the city or freeway

:police:

for those not so fortunate, you can post up to :p

mtsevovii
12-26-2008, 01:18 PM
should i start? :icon_lol:

been tailed numerous times, had them flip u-turns, cruised next to, idle next to, long stare at the car and myself, constantly going back and forth between the front of my car and the back. but never flip the lights on.

Cities:
San Jose, Cupertino, Sunnyvale, Santa Clara, Milpitas, Fremont, Union City, Hayward, Palo Alto, San Fransisco, Union City, Alameda, Reno, Vallejo, Oakland, Los Angeles, Anaheim, Orane County, Las Vegas.

Hwys:
280, 680, 880, 17, 101, 580, 80, 87, 85, 5, 405, 15

i even give waves, and shockingly alot of them wave back. :cheesy:

rKamfar
12-26-2008, 01:21 PM
One day I was leaving to go to a friends house and had a cop try to DRAG RACE for 3 stoplights until he merged off. He was mean mugging too.

steevo8
12-26-2008, 01:25 PM
I have several friends who are leo's or just like to listen to scanners and they call me or text me when they hear my name on the scanner. In the past three weeks I have had my license plate # run 5 times by officers but not pulled over..

My closest call though I actually got pulled over. I was got busted doing 137mph in a 55mpg zone and getting a fix it for no mirrors on my motorcycle.. At the time the bike was unregistered, uninsured, I had no motorcycle license and no plates on the bike :)

rKamfar
12-26-2008, 01:28 PM
^^ Did you do that thing with your mouth or something? That's a nice "close call".

steevo8
12-26-2008, 01:29 PM
I got pulled over once after waving and he asked me why I waved. Then I started name dropping. I was like oh I thought you were my friend so and so lol.. No ticket :D

mtsevovii
12-26-2008, 01:30 PM
^^ Did you do that thing with your mouth or something? That's a nice "close call".

hahaha

rKamfar
12-26-2008, 01:33 PM
Another time I was booking it (late to an appointment) in Ukiah (about 45mins away at the time) on a 4 lane highway with one of those grassy dividers. Was going about 80 in a 65, realized I passed a cop on the other side, went and flipped a bitch on the overpass, then passed that same cop BOOKING IT (he crossed the divider to get me) as I was merging back on. Feels great to outsmart the radio.

mtsevovii
01-20-2009, 12:36 AM
almost thought id get one tonight

coming home after work, cop was coming the opposite direction, we pass, i look back he continues going, then i see the shadow of a car making a u-turn. so i think to myself that must be the cop. i decide to change lanes from the far left lane to the far right lane.

low and behold the cop flies down onto my bumper. no lights, so i actually slow down from 40-35 in a 40mph zone cause we both know we see each other. im ready to pull over as soon as i see those colors. he continues to ride my bumper for a good distance, and im thinking common dude stop wasting time, and just do it.

he then moves to the left lane and rolls up to my rear quarter panel and cruises there, both of us going 40mph. for a good 2mi.

then he bolts to the far left lane and flips a u-turn going the other direction.

i just snickered

jessmanEVO
01-20-2009, 03:08 AM
Fuck a close call, I always get chased....

in need for speed!!! LOL

jbfoco
01-20-2009, 11:32 AM
I ve been caught being a dumbass on numerous occasions between the old wrx and evo, when I know I am gonna be pulled over I save them the effort and pull over for um. I ve never gotten a ticket when I ve done that.

sprytsi
01-20-2009, 11:37 AM
I passed a cop doing in excess of 100mph on 580W around 238(?) in my old Talon. I was in the slow lane booking it, flew by the cop, then slid between merging traffic while on the breaks full tilt. He flashed his mounted light at me as I merged off the freeway...

I got out of a lot of tickets in the Talon when being pulled over. So far I've always gotten a ticket in the Evo.

xbox4414
01-20-2009, 11:44 AM
LOL I've been puled over in the Evo X. Got 2 tickets already and once I got pulled over and the officer let me go as he didn't clock me, but knew I was speeding. I told him I actually go to the track as I know that it's unsafe to speed on the street, yad yad yad, and he said he could smell my brake pads....I told him "ya they are performace pads" knowing what he smelled was the catless exhaust, ROFL. After agreeing I need to be safe and do it in the controlled track enviroments he let me go, phew. That would have been my 3rd ticket and probably would have had my licence suspended.

whiteizright
01-20-2009, 12:19 PM
I used to cruise up and down hwy9 in the evo (like a dumbass) and i came around a corner (hauling ass, maybe around 65 in a 35) and there was a cop pulling out of a dirt lot. Having no other choice I grabbed as much brake as I could trying to not lock them up, the ABS kicked in and the tires chirped. The cop rolled off but standing on the side of the road was a motorcycle cop who promptly wrote me a ticket.

Was rolling to work, not doing anything. Rolled out of a stop sign and got pulled over and handed a ref ticket.

sprytsi
01-20-2009, 12:35 PM
I was booking up I-5N toward Stockton and flew by a cop on the shoulder in my Talon, I just put my foot in it and didn't look back.

I don't have any great stories with the Evo, I'm more careful now and have more to live for.

Vicious
01-20-2009, 07:23 PM
Dave, Not fair for you to be posting this (or even me for that matter), heh... ;p

mtsevovii
01-20-2009, 07:32 PM
Dave, Not fair for you to be posting this (or even me for that matter), heh... ;p

Hahaha.. shhh.

Bernardio
01-21-2009, 09:30 PM
I powerslided the evo infront of a cop back on 04. Lucky my "oh shit, it's a cop!" face looks just like my "I'm loosing control of my car and am going to die!" face. Got away with a "drive careful on wet roads" warning. ;)

missred
01-21-2009, 09:49 PM
almost thought id get one tonight

coming home after work, cop was coming the opposite direction, we pass, i look back he continues going, then i see the shadow of a car making a u-turn. so i think to myself that must be the cop. i decide to change lanes from the far left lane to the far right lane.

low and behold the cop flies down onto my bumper. no lights, so i actually slow down from 40-35 in a 40mph zone cause we both know we see each other. im ready to pull over as soon as i see those colors. he continues to ride my bumper for a good distance, and im thinking common dude stop wasting time, and just do it.

he then moves to the left lane and rolls up to my rear quarter panel and cruises there, both of us going 40mph. for a good 2mi.

then he bolts to the far left lane and flips a u-turn going the other direction.

i just snickered

I also heard you had an incident where a deputy wanted to see how fast your car was by allowing you to blaze ahead in the freeway while he tailed you. LOL

evocowboy
01-21-2009, 09:55 PM
I also heard you had an incident where a deputy wanted to see how fast your car was by allowing you to blaze ahead in the freeway while he tailed you. LOL

ya! - i wanna see video on that one.

lanalopez1986
01-21-2009, 10:38 PM
I had a family event for my tia in pismo beach where i had to perform some mexican dance ...well i get off work at 3pm in hayward and the event started at 430 in pismo... well i had to be there on time.. ! haha so i made it there at 4:17pm... rofl.. passed 3 chp's and never looked back.... just prayed they weren't paying attn! oh by the way it takes 3 to 3 & a half hours to get there..! haha the only sucky part is i got yelled at by my dad.... " how fast were you going!!!!"... plus my tank was like empty ....

Ben
01-21-2009, 10:45 PM
I had a family event for my tia in pismo beach where i had to perform some mexican dance ...well i get off work at 3pm in hayward and the event started at 430 in pismo... well i had to be there on time.. ! haha so i made it there at 4:17pm... rofl.. passed 3 chp's and never looked back.... just prayed they weren't paying attn! oh by the way it takes 3 to 3 & a half hours to get there..! haha the only sucky part is i got yelled at by my dad.... " how fast were you going!!!!"... plus my tank was like empty ....

Crazy girl!

lanalopez1986
01-21-2009, 10:49 PM
i fear my tia.... ! and to be late to her party..... never.... she hits us kids.. hahah... so im not crazy just scared....

dabaysevo
01-22-2009, 08:12 AM
I call photoshop on making the trip in 1.5 hours.

lanalopez1986
01-22-2009, 06:08 PM
I call photoshop on making the trip in 1.5 hours.

u would...