PDA

View Full Version : Wacko Salesman at Capitol Mitsubishi

evosrbomb
04-07-2005, 07:08 PM
I was looking at cars last Saturday and ended up at Capitol Mitsubishi looking at evos. The salesman wouldn't let me drive a new one but let me take out an '03. As we were driving around the salesman didn't really try to sell the car to me. He just kept talking about how everyone at the dealership was mellow Santa Cruz style. He seemed a little weird, but I didn't think too much about it.

When we got back to the dealership, I looked at a few of the '05s and told him that I would need to look at an sti before I made my decision, and that I wasn't going to buy the car today. The guy flipped out, and started saying stuff like "why are you going to f@$k some bomb a@$ p&@$%y and then pull out at the last minute and look for something new, just buy the f@$&ing car. What the f@$&." He rambled on like this for a good five minutes, which thoroughly agitated me and freaked me out a little bit.

I loved the car. It is one of the fastest cars I've driven, and by far the best handling. I am definintly going to buy one in the near future, but I am not going anywhere near Capitol Mitsubishi.

SouthernCrane
04-07-2005, 09:04 PM
That is a little bit weird :shock: :lol:

MarkSAE
04-07-2005, 09:11 PM
Dang, I woulda walked out immediately after that. That's weird.

ElectricBlueEvoVIII
04-08-2005, 06:00 AM
Naw, that's a fairly common response believe it or not. Many car salemen feel that its your obligation to buy since they spent time with you. Plus sometimes they can intimidate the weak with tactics like that. Just never go back there ever!

threepointsix
04-08-2005, 07:41 AM
Thats hilarious...remember, your dealing with some guy that used to sell refrigerators at Sears and is used to helping someone with bad credit with 21% interest rates get into base Outlanders all day long. He wont care about ACD or spool up specs on the 4g63. They arent there to help you, they are there to get you to say yes...thats it! USA's Mitsubishis dealer network is so jacked up right now and corporate knows it. Too bad they dont have an action plan to get any talent in there. It all starts on the front lines and Mitsubishis image could benefit from more than just a TV commercial with red men lined up bragging about a fake 100,000 mile warranty. haha ...oh yhea, I bought my RS from an alcoholic crackhead at Concord. The 1st salesman couldnt even speak fluent English...haha

BluEvo
04-14-2005, 12:17 PM
man that's why i don't deal with sales people. i make an appointment with a finance rep and go from there. if you know what you want and what price to pay for it, always (if you can) skip the sales person and deal with someone who can actually do something for you....just my .02 on car sales people.
what a wierd dude. you should have flipped on on him too and said something like...'grab a cup of water, take 2 of these and call me in the morning, i'm out!' lol

Buzzard
04-16-2005, 09:56 AM
Not all auto salemen are like this guy. I work in auto sales on and off when I go office crazy (or the economy sags and my management positions get eliminated :cry: ). The problem is that a Mitsu dealer is not going to attract top quality people, low sales volume and low profits equals too tiny of a paycheck to draw me near one. 3.6 is not that far off about the type of customer Mitsu has traditionaly attracted.

Also, I know some people that used to be in the service department at Capital. They tell that place has gone downhill badly in the past couple of years. When I bought my car, the salesman was a green pea, knew nothing of the product or the business. I had my way with him and his sales manager. I ended up making my deal with the GM, who stepped in when he realized his people were out of their depth. Oh, I bought my car in April '03 when they were asking and getting $8995 markups and paid under MSRP.

I would just go to various dealer's websites and request a quote from their internet department if you don't want to deal with sales people. Usually the internet department has independent pricing, so you can often save some money. Plus if you get prices from a few dealers in Northern CA, you can play them off each other. I will caution that the Evo is the one car they are selling, so they may not be as willing to wheel and deal.

A good car salesman can make all the difference. Product knowledge should be the real bar that you judge him by though. What you should really be looking for is someone that you can work with and trust. I know trust sounds funny when used with car sales but there are honest, sincere salesmen out there. If any of you have ever bought a high line product(i.e. MB, Acura, Lexus etc), then you know what I mean (yes, I left out BMW for a reason but that would be a several page discussion in itself). I would never yell at a customer about not buying a car, my job is not to make the deal but to demonstrate the product. I will ask for your business though after I have demonstrated the product. If the customer doesn't accept this as a given, he should have NEVER walked on to a dealership's lot. Also, don't go to a lot during business hours and get a annoyed when a salesperson approaches you. It's his job!. If he doesn't, he can be fired. That is no BS, I have seen people fired for not talking to a customer or not getting his/her name and phone number. If your wondering, you can make a six figure income selling cars if your good. It's probably one of the only occupations were high school graduate can make that kind of money.

1stSAGE
05-09-2005, 05:40 PM
I had a pretty weird experience with Capital Mitsu also. I went in one day to do my 5k mile oil change. I pulled up to that little booth with that European guy in there, I walked out and all the sales people crowded around my car. One guy said, "Hey, is that an RS? Damn, you got hella mods on it, looks just like an MR." I was like, this is an MR! Then another guy said, "They make MR's in white?" I fled back into my car and sped outta there with the quickness...

Matz
05-09-2005, 08:31 PM
I had a pretty weird experience with Capital Mitsu also. I went in one day to do my 5k mile oil change. I pulled up to that little booth with that European guy in there, I walked out and all the sales people crowded around my car. One guy said, "Hey, is that an RS? Damn, you got hella mods on it, looks just like an MR." I was like, this is an MR! Then another guy said, "They make MR's in white?" I fled back into my car and sped outta there with the quickness...

Yeah, I know who you're talking about. I had a rather weird experience with him as well. Even though I live close by, those guys will never get my business. I'd gladly drive up to WORKS just cuz I know that my car will be taken well care of.

Boostd4
05-13-2005, 04:22 PM
I work in sales myself...its nowhere near being a car salesman..but sales is sales. The thing that many of these guys don't realize is that most people who step onto a car lot typically don't intend to buy cars. I'm sure some car salesman can back me up on this...but I would guess that 70% or more are just "tire kickers" browsing the lots. You have to create relationships with the customers and above all SELL them your product, which typically involves knowing something about them.

I understand that the management teams at these dealers dictate the behavior of their salesmen. Especially on high volume, low cost lots like Honda, Toyota and Mitsubishi. By far, the best experience I've had buying a car was at the Audi dealer. The salesman literally threw me the keys to an A4 and told me to take it out. Upon my return he simply said, "Ok, just let me know when you're ready to buy." Granted it was another 2 months before I bought... but guess what...that salesman got my business, twice. I also referred people to him specifically.

Moral of the story...high pressure does not equal a sale. It doesn't hurt to work for a higher end dealer either :D .

lag master
05-25-2005, 01:40 AM
what a wierdo

twst_evo_04
05-28-2005, 09:15 AM
did the guy look he was from the middleeast buy any chance. I got my car but I really didn't like my salesman.

DaveLC2
06-21-2005, 10:57 PM
You know I was going to go in there are make an offer on that ultra low mile red 03 Evo with the small spoiler but the salesman was a total jerk off. I spoke with a really nice fleet guy by the name of Marc a couple of months back but I wasn't ready to buy. When I went there last week this salesman named Keith tried to steal me away from the cool salesman. At the time I couldn't remember his name and this guy was as of NO help at all. I wanted my wife to drive the car before I made an offer and said they had a no test drive policy. I probably talked to this clown for about 3 mins after he said that I told "well I guess I am going to have to go somewhere else then" and walked off. I drove straight to Concord Mitsubishi and bought a 05 Galant for my new wife (on the way back from the honeymoon) and went back the next day and bought a 03 tarmac black Evo. Anyone on here recently sell their 17k mile Evo to Concord Mitsubishi? Like within the last week? I want to get a little more info on it. Thanks in advance.

Dave

lncrevoviii
07-07-2005, 12:31 PM

ohh man. lol. lol lol.
this reminds of a while back when i was looking for cars. well actually i was looking for sti, evo or supras. i went to the toyota dealership in fremont on automall looking for supras. a salesman approached me with a dumb grin on his face, and asked me what i was lookin for. i told him a 93+ supras TT. he said they actually have 2 of them a '98 and a '02. i was like damn, u guys got the new ones. he said yea we always get them here and there. we were walkin towards the used car parking lot and while passing infront of the service dept. i spotted a black supra nicely fixed up. i asked him is that it, he responded no actually thas the customer's. he said the '98 is black and '02 was red. man i was hyped up when he said that '98 black supra, basically i allready made my choice. when we approached the cars he pointed out and said there they are. lol lol. i was like where. he said right there the red one and black. i freekin cracked up cuz they were celicas. i told him that dude they are celicas. he was like ohh i thought it was celicasupra. then i responded yea back in 1980's and shit. he is like when did they split them apart. i was bustin my ass jus crackin up. ohh man i was laughin at his face when he said that. what a dumb A*s. whenever i think back bout that day, i jus crack up again.

MitsuMan
07-07-2005, 10:57 PM
yea I know that guy he's bald and like 40 somethin he did the same thing to me when my girl was looking at the Endevor hes realatively new he does do that santa cruz thing "i'm hip I'm down" he even told me he's down for racing and knows whats up with the street racing youth of today thats just his approach or his gimmic :lol:

Nobodyx
08-11-2005, 11:02 AM
My experience with Bay Area Mitsu dealers a year or so ago when a friend attempted to purchase an Evo:

The Capital Mitsu sales guys were stupid and hostile. I ended up getting into several very loud arguments with the internet sales jackass and eventually walked out. Then Hayward Mitsubishi did a bait and switch and the sales guy at the Mitsu dealer in the Peninsula actually blocked the driveway when we tried to drive away.

I recently purchased an '05 at Stevens Creek and the only reason I didn't get jerked around is because I went in there angry and intolerant.

r6bruin
08-11-2005, 03:14 PM
That's pretty pathetic hearing these stories again and again. I really hope Mitsu upper management really spend some effort on fixing all these up... Is there anyone trying to come up with a list of all the unpleasant experience encounted? If so perhaps we can just send that list to MMNA and make sure they aware of the situation?

STR8DVS
08-11-2005, 05:01 PM
I bought a used 04 evo at capitol mitsu last sat and when I went back on monday and asked for a frontplate braket because I got pulled over the head sales man told me that you can only get one with a new car not a used car when I told him that is BS it is the law to have front plate he told me not our prblom so I told him that I just spent $27000 at your lot and this is how you treat me well I will make sure that I never spend anymore cash there and I will make sure non of my friends spend any cash there he was like whatever. Jerks

Nobodyx
08-16-2005, 11:32 PM
LOL....I had to argue with them to NOT have a front lic. plate bracket installed. And then when I picked up the car they gave the assembly to me in a bag. If you want it it's yours. You'll have to remove your bumper and drill holes in it to mount the lic. plate. Easier to zip tie it, get the ticket signed off on and promptly remove the plate.

PM me if you want it....for free.

Steiner
08-17-2005, 06:03 PM
You guys really need to call Chris O'Connell at San Rafael Mitsubishi. He's the fleet manager and a huge Evo fan. Coolest sales guy I've ever dealt with. Never once pressured me, always answered all my questions and stayed till 9:00 at night in the pouring rain waiting for me to come pick up my new car the night I pulled the trigger on the deal. It was a long drive to San Rafael but it was so worth it. Can't say enough about the quality of the sales staff at that dealership. Hell the owner built a 600hp Evo for his son to race on weekends. They're the real deal and one of the biggest reasons I never seriously comptemplated an STi.

Lurk
01-18-2006, 12:24 PM
did the guy look he was from the middleeast buy any chance. I got my car but I really didn't like my salesman.

I think they all are. LOL. I spoke with this guy named Edwin from Capitol Mitsu. He seemed like a nice enough guy, not too pushy. But his manager is an asshole however. I don't think I would buy from Capitol. SRM will def get my business however.

Evotech8
01-18-2006, 02:10 PM
lol...i think thats the same loser i talked to awhile back.
Real wacko for sure. He got all offended and gave me attitude when I mentioned if I can have a minute to just look around first. wtf?
Needless to say, I just got back in my car and left.

yea I know that guy he's bald and like 40 somethin he did the same thing to me when my girl was looking at the Endevor hes realatively new he does do that santa cruz thing "i'm hip I'm down" he even told me he's down for racing and knows whats up with the street racing youth of today thats just his approach or his gimmic :lol:

Hot8Evo
01-18-2006, 02:39 PM
I woulda call the manager and complain or suit capitol so you can get a brand new one for free....

BigEd925
02-02-2006, 10:46 PM
Just bout an IX from SRM last week and its totally worth the drive. I was going to buy at Concord but needed a month to come up with a bigger down payment, the salesman kept saying "Dont wait till the end of the week, these cars are very hot. I dont even need to sell cars, im here to help you, I have all the money in the world". Drove by yesterday and they still have 5+ evos sittin there. :lol:

MR JayR
02-15-2006, 05:10 PM
Yea... Capitol Mitsubishi is far from the best place out there. Unfortunately I've been getting my "free maintenance" done there since they are only 10 mins. away. They have some very pushy sales people there. One of the techs. even told me not to get all-season tires because the drive would be really loud and rough... that the car was only made for Advans. LOL

02-23-2006, 12:25 AM
i had a bad experience there too......