PDA

View Full Version : ::Want To Borrow:: Un-Tinted front window glass

SavageEvo8
01-06-2009, 01:40 PM
As some of you may know, I got a ref ticket for exhaust and tint a few weeks back. Well, i have my complete exhaust sitting in my work storage right now, but removing window film and redoing it is something id rather avoid if possible. So, if anyone has an extra set of front glass with no film on it, id appreciate using it. i dont have an appointment set, so if its something thats on your ride and are willing to exchange temporarily id be down, but someone who has an extra set would be easier on labor... i do plan on doing this visit to the ref in the next few weeks, so thats kinda what im working with... thanks in advance guys!

ChuckP
01-06-2009, 02:10 PM
Damn, almost seems like more of a hassle to swap out windows.

SavageEvo8
01-06-2009, 02:25 PM
not even, i can pull a door panel/glass off and on in about 15-20 minutes....

figured theres a lot of track whores here who have maybe either removed glass or replaced it with something more shatter resistant, so hoping there may be a pair laying aorund i could pick up temporarily

ChuckP
01-06-2009, 02:30 PM
Really?! I would have never thought it could be done that fast.

SavageEvo8
01-06-2009, 02:36 PM
just gotta know what your doing i suppose..... i can tear down interiors pretty fast. a few screws and a buncha clips.. piece o cake. the only thing that really takes time is the headlining cuz its so damn brittle and big, and the dash cuz of all the panels and srews involved.

mikeyb
01-06-2009, 02:53 PM
try junkyards i think the lancer windows are the same and you will have a easier time trying to find one of those then anybody on here

SavageEvo8
01-06-2009, 03:16 PM
im not lookin to buy any though.... it would cost me less to remove and replace the film than get junk yard glass... im going back to my glass, i just need something for when i see the ref...

ChuckP
01-06-2009, 03:41 PM
Dude, just roll to the ref with no front windows..what is he gonna say?

SavageEvo8
01-06-2009, 03:44 PM
guess i never concidered, that. its not illegal is it to not have windows?

module unknown
01-06-2009, 05:23 PM
I'd imagine it's no more illegal than driving with your windows rolled all the way down.

You can go to the ref with tint. They don't test/check for tint. I don't even know that they have the ability to sign off on that one. Don't let your tint hold you back on making an appointment.

I went in tinted and that was one of the items listed on my ticket. I later removed my tint and had it signed off by an officer.

ChuckP
01-06-2009, 05:34 PM
So go to your local PD with ticket in hand and tell them your over front windows.

SavageEvo8
01-06-2009, 05:35 PM
cool, ill set an appointment for it then. thanks dave.

Positron
01-06-2009, 06:38 PM
i'd say remove the front windows and report back to us with your results.

^_^

lag master
01-06-2009, 07:14 PM
my buddy got a ticket by a CHP back in october for his tint and when he went in to get it signed off they didnt even check his car.

module unknown
01-07-2009, 02:36 AM
i'd say remove the front windows and report back to us with your results.

^_^

...and if anyone asks, tell them you removed the tint and cleaned the residual glue with -

http://www.kiesub.com/catalog/stoner-91164.jpg

:icon_biggrin:

SavageEvo8
01-07-2009, 09:49 AM
made by STONER... lol im seriously going to take my glass out and tell them to sign that shit!

ChuckP
01-07-2009, 10:35 AM
Do it already!

SavageEvo8
01-07-2009, 10:51 AM
im doing it bish!!

awdaddict
01-07-2009, 10:53 AM
I'm pretty sure ppl who doesn't DD their car would of let you borrow the glass.
It's too bad that I just moved and have to drive my car to to work, otherwise I would not mind since the car will be park in the garage til the weekend ;)

ChuckP
01-07-2009, 10:58 AM
Stop being a puss! Change your tampon and get that ticket signed!

SavageEvo8
01-07-2009, 10:59 AM
i appreciate that rob, at least SOMEONE is trying to help me with what im asking for :) figured there had to be a garage queen or track whore out there with some time/parts to spare.... but no worries either way thanks though!!

SavageEvo8
01-07-2009, 11:00 AM
Stop being a puss! Change your tampon and get that ticket signed!

but i love my tampon!! do you think id have to have the ref portion taken care of first or would it matter either way whether i go to a ref for the exhaust or popos for the tint/front plate first?

ChuckP
01-07-2009, 11:10 AM
but i love my tampon!! do you think id have to have the ref portion taken care of first or would it matter either way whether i go to a ref for the exhaust or popos for the tint/front plate first?

And so do i, but you need to change 'em at least once a day to prevent yeast buildup :icon_rolleyes:..I'd go try to get the windows signed off first.

SavageEvo8
01-07-2009, 11:11 AM
lol... no bread factories???? yah, ill go down in the next day or so, i have to get my front plate and bracket fom my ex wifes place still, fuckin skank!

ChuckP
01-07-2009, 11:15 AM
Not unless you like sourdough? Yeah, swoop that bracket from your ex, along with a few replacement tampons...i know how nervous you get around cops.

SavageEvo8
01-07-2009, 11:30 AM
cops... fuck em! i aint afraid of no cops! ive been pulled over 3 times in the last 3 weeks, including this one, where my car smelt like dank, i told em i had it in there, and they didnt bother with it, even let me keep it :) but in all seriousness, the cops have been super cool with me lately, so i cant really complain