PDA

View Full Version : Just got my NorCalEvo t-shirt...

BluEvo
02-11-2004, 12:21 AM
So I ordered the white t-shirt last Friday and got it today. Sorry to say that the quality of the print is not that great. :? The blue on the NorCal part is kinda faded blue. And i think they used an iron on transfer that u can buy at any store that has a computer accesories section. I know this because, in my old racing club back in the day, i used iron on transfers to make examples of what the shirts would look like before we got the real ones made at the shop. They do not last very long. At least the Hanes Beefy-t that they used is okay. I guess we need to find a local shop, or if anyones got the connection to one.

JanSolo
02-11-2004, 12:25 AM
My wife bought the thong (which I love on her, but appreciate more off of her), the baby doll T and a pull over. They are cheap but they work and it is the most convenient way right now to fly the NorCalEvo flag.

We actually have some plans for tshirts, polos and other things. Stay tuned!

vtluu
02-11-2004, 03:56 AM
I deliberately darkened the blue a bit on the t-shirt (and other clothing) designs to make it look better against the white background--IMO using super-saturated colours is a sure sign of amateurish graphic design (no offense Rob). That being said, I would have at least expected what you got to match what was on the swag shop website. I'm sorry to hear you're disappointed with your purchase. :(

Good observation about the iron-on transfer btw. The good and bad thing about CafePress is that you sell individual items, without needing to front any cash for inventory. That means that they have to produce items individually--and cheaply--and it's never going to make sense for them to set up proper printing/silkscreening to make a single t-shirt.

That's all the more reason for us to get a batch of shirts done locally (or otherwise)--better quality and cheaper. And a colour other than white. If you're interested in getting a shirt, PM me with number/sizes you want and colour preference. Once we have enough people interested I'll be able to see what I can hook up...