PDA

View Full Version : v___nu post

brwnrice
04-10-2005, 06:10 PM
what happened to leif's post about v___nu? i think he had some good suggestions

norcalimport model

SouthernCrane
04-10-2005, 06:49 PM
must've been deleted, but it's been posted on EvoM and the discussion rages on.

1stSAGE
04-10-2005, 07:01 PM
I must have missed the feud...how and what started it all?

ez76
04-10-2005, 07:27 PM
sometime in the past couple weeks it became illegal to mention vishnu in any post here ...

DB8GSR
04-11-2005, 06:00 AM
Can you guys link me to the one on EvoM?

SouthernCrane
04-11-2005, 07:05 AM
Can you guys link me to the one on EvoM?

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=132786

Boostd4
04-11-2005, 12:28 PM
Thats interesting...since many of us are running the V___nu products... :roll: . Hell..I even got a "Restricted Keywords" message trying to reply to this post.

04-11-2005, 12:31 PM
rofl
have no idea wat these thread all about. vixhnu or not same thing. can we get along and make luv,, umm i mean peace

JanSolo
04-11-2005, 01:41 PM
So what happened when I was gone for a week in Europe? Has the site caught on fire yet?

Anyhow, off to read the 300+ new posts since I've been gone.

EvoVIII
04-11-2005, 01:46 PM
who said there was a VlSHNU restricted keyword thingy? :lol:

Absinthe
04-11-2005, 03:34 PM
Holly shit you said vi$hnu...

In before lock.

chrisw
04-11-2005, 03:52 PM
sometime in the past couple weeks it became illegal to mention vishnu in any post here ...

Thats interesting...since many of us are running the V___nu products... :roll: . Hell..I even got a "Restricted Keywords" message trying to reply to this post.

That's F*ing childish....

This crap has to stop or this forum will go down hill.

:roll:

leif
04-11-2005, 04:23 PM
Holly shit you said vi$hnu...

In before lock.

lol :lol:

dohcvtec
04-11-2005, 05:26 PM
I dont understand why any posts would be deleted at all? Lock it if you dont want anymore discussion about it, but making it dissappear all together, whats the sense in that? I think this board needs to get over the whole Vi$hnu thing :buds:

wilson1
04-11-2005, 06:28 PM
So what happened when I was gone for a week in Europe? Has the site caught on fire yet?

:lol:

EVO GRIM
04-11-2005, 06:39 PM
Who is being the little bitch here? What mod has this huge prob with Shiv?

That's F*ing childish....

This crap has to stop or this forum will go down hill.

I agree

EvoVIII
04-11-2005, 06:47 PM
there is only a few MOD's here, where is GokuSuperSayanJ4?

brwnrice
04-11-2005, 07:00 PM

when i tried to type v___nu it always comes up restricted keyword

EvoVIII
04-11-2005, 07:21 PM

I don't have a problem with it VlSHNU VlSHNU VlSHNU VlSHNU , muhahaha

SJCoruja
04-11-2005, 08:32 PM
LOL I know it is crazy, but whenever this stuff gets discussed it always reminds me of the part in the Lion King when the hyenas are talking... "MUFASA.....oooooohhhhh, say it agan....MUFASA!"

haha...you can tell I watch a lot of Disney DVDs with my daugher :)

evo_dadi
04-11-2005, 08:33 PM
LOL I know it is crazy, but whenever this stuff gets discussed it always reminds me of the part in the Lion King when the hyenas are talking... "MUFASA.....oooooohhhhh, say it agan....MUFASA!"

haha...you can tell I watch a lot of Disney DVDs with my daugher :)

mufasa mufasa mufasa :lol:

Evo442
04-11-2005, 09:07 PM
I dont understand why any posts would be deleted at all? Lock it if you dont want anymore discussion about it, but making it dissappear all together, whats the sense in that?

I agree.

Its just my 2 cents but I believe that moderators should moderate the discussions, not censor them. To a large extent, the boards are public forums; whatever the topic being discussed, i'd like to hear all sides, good and bad, and choose for myself what info is useful and what is not.

evo_dadi
04-11-2005, 09:10 PM
Its just my 2 cents but I believe that moderators should moderate the discussions, not censor them. To a large extent, the boards are public forums; whatever the topic being discussed, i'd like to hear all sides, good and bad, and choose for myself what info is useful and what is not.

here here :werd: :buds:

leif
04-11-2005, 09:34 PM
its only the socal nazi's that have a problem with vi$hnu. unless people are lying to me, all the norcal guys could care less. go to socalevo.net's basement and look for smoggies post about letting sh|v back and you'll see gt40 putting up a fight.

Evo8andahalf
04-11-2005, 09:39 PM

haha spell it with an I instead

EvoVIII
04-11-2005, 11:49 PM

haha spell it with an I instead

vtluu
04-12-2005, 02:24 AM
VISHNU VISHNU VISHNU VISHNU VISHNU VISHNU VISHNU VISHNU
:nana:

JanSolo
04-12-2005, 06:20 AM
Nebolic and myself are doing what we can to get this taken care of. Needless to say, this wasn't our doing.

chrisw
04-12-2005, 06:46 AM
Nebolic and myself are doing what we can to get this taken care of. Needless to say, this wasn't our doing.

fair enough...

I like this board, but really, this crap has got to stop.

If some moderator has a beef with V1shnu, then well, IMHO, they should not be a moderator on this board.

just my $0.02

Restricted Keywords
:roll:

EvoVIII
04-12-2005, 09:07 AM

If some moderator has a beef with V1shnu, then well, IMHO, they should not be a moderator on this board.

just my $0.02

totally agree

Boostd4
04-12-2005, 11:29 AM
I've met a lot of people and made some great friends on this board...I'd hate to see this place turn into another Audiworld vs. Audizine war.

Evo442
04-12-2005, 06:13 PM

just my $0.02

totally agree

Just my opinion, but I dont care if a moderator has a beef with a tuner or not as long as they do not let their personal bias interfere with their moderation of the board. IMHO the moderators must be impartial otherwise the integrety of the board becomes compromised. The rules should be clearly stated and evenly applied. Like many people, I actually make decisions about my Evo based upon information gleaned from the boards; I dont want that info biased by a moderator with a personal issue.

I'm sorry but I just dont see how making it "illegal" to say a particular tuner's name serves any useful purpose.

Evo442
04-12-2005, 06:15 PM
Heh heh heh....

Just to stir up the pot...

Maybe we should have a code word for the tuner we cannot name...

Whenever we want to say something good about him we can call him "Nuvish" or something.

GReddy_917
04-12-2005, 07:14 PM
LOL...read the post on EvoM and this thread, only to conclude that I dont give a monkey shit about any of it. Welcome back Jan.

GokuSSJ4
04-13-2005, 12:51 PM
there is only a few MOD's here, where is GokuSuperSayanJ4?
been busy lately, besides at the moment i have very limited access to the internet :cry:

JanSolo
04-13-2005, 01:52 PM
LOL...read the post on EvoM and this thread, only to conclude that I dont give a monkey shit about any of it. Welcome back Jan.

Thanks! It sucks to be back. :D

chrisw
04-18-2005, 02:21 PM
WHAT THE F U C K IS GOING ON WHITH THIS B$

I am frucking pissed that I can't post when using the "restricted words"

All I tried to do was post an honest review of a new exhaust, and still see childish bullcrap..

what the f u c k is going on?

when you going to fix this schiett?

This is so stupid...

vtluu
04-18-2005, 02:48 PM
Jan may have more to say but I can say that neither he, nor Eddy, nor anybody else who actually frequents this site had anything to do with this. I think we're all on the same page with regards to this issue. But the situation may be a bit delicate so give it a bit of time, I'm sure they're working on it.

BTW my "workaround" is to insert an empty italics markup in the middle, e.g. like this: VISHNU. Works great.

leif
04-18-2005, 04:10 PM
its all on dino, thats guy hates everything and everybody. send him your hate mail.

JanSolo
04-18-2005, 04:47 PM
I have already asked to get this resolved many many times. I don't own these boards, so I have limited access and limited powers. Myself nor Eddie can do anything about this other than bitch and moan. Hopefully this will get resolved in the very near future.

chrisw
04-18-2005, 07:26 PM
then maybe we should start up our own forum and stop with this silly scheitt

Break norcal away from the socalevo.net.

If it's a money issue, I am sure certain vendors would be happy to put up some cash... otherwise I'll be happy to chip in...

nebolic
04-18-2005, 08:28 PM

If it's a money issue, I am sure certain vendors would be happy to put up some cash... otherwise I'll be happy to chip in...

alright here is what i can promise you guys. Either Jan and I will have a talk with the higher powers this week and see if we can get a resolution to this. I know we've been saying this a lot but its hard to get a hold of eveyone at the same time and discuss. If you guys can bare with us for a few more days....

also breaking away its a bit hard, I'll dilvuge some secrets right now.

The site makes no money whatsoever, you guys can tell where all the money goes during our meets . . . I don't think any other site has been this generous in regards to the raffle prizes given away during their meets, heck even look at socal, their giveaways are not as godly as ours (yes godly), and also, Jan and I do not own the domain name so I know its easy to think that we can shift and move elsewhere but in all honesty it is a lot of work. The bandwith we are currently receiving is a very, very generous one and to run a site like Norcal and Socal, I can honestly tell you that it takes a lot of cash in which it is very hard to upkeep. I will not go into details on what vendors pay etc . . . but every penny goes back to the NorCalEvo community via physical items that you guys can enjoy.

Tam, I thank you for your understanding so far in the issue and I really appreciate the maturity that you have shown.

What I can say is that I know we all like to contribute to the site and sometimes silly things happen and yes we will definetly work on this so rest assured that this is still being addressed.

I thank everyones patience in this and we will keep you updated.

thanks,
Nebo

Evo442
04-18-2005, 08:39 PM

Wonder how much it would cost to set up/run a site like this? Any ideas?

JanSolo
04-18-2005, 08:49 PM

We eat roughly 10 - 20gb of bandwidth a month and have two dedicated 4U servers.

evo_dadi
04-18-2005, 11:32 PM

We eat roughly 10 - 20gb of bandwidth a month and have two dedicated 4U servers.

holy crap :shock: :shock:

nebolic
04-19-2005, 07:08 AM
Okay this thread is going to be locked for the time being. We pretty much heard all sides of the story and we will work to resolve the issue.

thanks,
Nebo

JanSolo
04-19-2005, 11:06 AM

I have been corrected. We have seen usage as high as 92 gigs of bandwidth used in one month.

GokuSSJ4
04-19-2005, 11:33 AM
wow!! didn't think they would be so many people piss off at a restricted word issue. I'm sure you can type around it, and also lately we haven't had any problems regarding this type of topic. Both sites Norcal and Socal, theres been plenty of topics regarding with V1shnu that have not been lock or deleted. Theres some that have been and theres some reasons behind it. IMO most mods and Admins don't have a problem with people discussing products , customer service or giving a completly review with regarding tuning , and dyno results and other random things. The problem happens when peeps try to ask why is this person banned or why has this happen ?? it has been discuss before , try to search instead of asking question after question.

JanSolo
04-20-2005, 04:06 PM
After much bitching and whining (on my part, that is), the keyword restrictions have been removed.

GokuSSJ4
04-20-2005, 06:42 PM
After much bitching and whining (on my part, that is), the keyword restrictions have been removed.
thank you for your hard work, seņor Jan