PDA

View Full Version : Project Kics or Rays Lug nuts?

WhiteIXMR
01-16-2009, 09:08 AM
I've been hearing mixed reviews about both lug nuts. I've never used the Kics before and have always used the Rays. I'm being told that the Project Kics won't scratch your wheels like the Rays have done to mines in the past. I still feel more safe with the Rays as I've experienced with other brands like Mutekis and i didn't like them. I'm still hesistant about open ended lug nuts b/c i wouldn't want them to break on me b/c I've had that happen before. Can someone assist on which is better? Maybe SpeedElement or others on this board can help?

Also do you think that the Project Kics Neo Chrome Extended lugs look good with Diamond Black TE37s? or should I just get the Rays Black ones.. also Extended or Non-Extended. The wheels are 18x9.5 +22 BTW

All opinions and inputs are welcomed and appreciated.

06IXMR
01-16-2009, 09:11 AM
Well, Speedelement used those Project Kics Neo on their race car and when they tracked it they had no problems. Search it up and it'll appear as they have answered this before.

:]

WhiteIXMR
01-16-2009, 09:13 AM
yea i saw that they had responded once saying they use it and it's fine. I was just seeing if any other board members are using these also.

Any thoughts or opinions on Neo Chrome on Diamond Black TE37s?..also do you think that I should use a 255-35-18 tire instead of a 265 tire?

stockEVO8
01-16-2009, 09:44 AM
im using project kics...all good with me cept the price :D

WhiteIXMR
01-16-2009, 10:38 AM
do you guys think that the Neo Chrome color will go good with Diamond Black TE37s?

noypiC50
01-16-2009, 10:42 AM
do you guys think that the Neo Chrome color will go good with Diamond Black TE37s?

what color car is it going on? i really don't like the neo chrome color just my opinion

stockEVO8
01-16-2009, 10:52 AM
what color car is it going on? i really don't like the neo chrome color just my opinion

LOOK AT HIS SCREEN NAME

WhiteIXMR
01-16-2009, 11:01 AM
ahaah..yea the car is white...but only reason I'm asking is b/c someone is trying to sell me a set of the NeoChrome but I'm leaning towards the Black ones instead. Or I might just get the Rays black again, only thing is that I hate that they scratch the inner part of the rims sometimes and I couldn't make up my mind b/c a buddy of mines had the Kics on his G35 and one of the nuts broke and he had to drill it out of his rim... but i've also heard tons of good reviews about the kics too..

Lurk
01-16-2009, 11:25 AM
Project Kics? RAYS? Meh, neither one. Instead get these: http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GT_LUG_NUT&Category_Code=L1 Fake Ti chrome lugnuts = LAME. Real Ti lugnuts = T3H SHIT! :D

Positron
01-16-2009, 11:43 AM
I'm not a fan of Neo-Chrome because...1. its fake finish 2. ridiculous price

I've always used Rays Volks lugs because they are very light and durable. I have no problem with wheel scratching since I use a extended deep thin-wall socket for the lug nuts.

ahaah..yea the car is white...but only reason I'm asking is b/c someone is trying to sell me a set of the NeoChrome but I'm leaning towards the Black ones instead. Or I might just get the Rays black again, only thing is that I hate that they scratch the inner part of the rims sometimes and I couldn't make up my mind b/c a buddy of mines had the Kics on his G35 and one of the nuts broke and he had to drill it out of his rim... but i've also heard tons of good reviews about the kics too..

WhiteIXMR
01-16-2009, 11:43 AM
oh man those are sick but they're WAY too much..they better be giving like 10whp with that price...

Positron
01-16-2009, 11:56 AM
Andy, those GT Design ti lugs cost a fucking grip. I would settle for these instead. Couple hundred dollars cheaper too =P

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-sale-wheels-tires/387011-fortune-auto-intro-sale-new-hotness-burnt-100-gradient-titanium-lug-nuts.html

Lurk
01-16-2009, 01:47 PM
Yeah those GT Design Ti lugs are definitely bank. My buddy got a set for his Z and they're light as shit. IIRC each one weighed just a little over .5oz on the scale. Fortune Auto's Ti lugs look like a good/cheaper alternative.

WhiteIXMR
01-16-2009, 01:54 PM
I hope those lug nuts are as good as that price. Dayum!!

uhoh_evo
01-16-2009, 01:57 PM
i also don't like the neo-chrome look unless you had a similar lip color. i'd go black rays lug nuts er even the red might look dope on black rims/white car. almost like a timeattack theme

WhiteIXMR
01-16-2009, 03:16 PM
thanks guys for your input. I hope everything goes well and I'll post pictures for you soon.

evo+supra
01-18-2009, 05:14 PM
500 for lugs? id have to sell my left nut to get those and id still be short some 499bucks as my left nut always shrivels up my ball sack.