PDA

View Full Version : Tien S-tech alignment spec question

threepointsix
04-12-2005, 04:35 AM
Will S techs allow the car to be near stock camber settings without buying camber plates? Im looking at the S-techs due to the tire/fender gap and the proportional increase in stiffness over stock for my daily commuter. The low price of the springs is not why I want them, it is the nice 'over the tire' drop they offer out of the box vs. other spring sets for my very daily driver.

Im completely happy how the Evo handles bone stock & Ill be happy if I can dial in around -1.0 deg front for wear reasons. Btw, for the coil over camp, im not tracking the car anytime soon looking for .0010 lap time improvements while gunning for the ride quality of a Bentley. I want to spend $400ish total w/alignment & get the car looking nice. Regardz

SJCoruja
04-12-2005, 09:09 AM
Hmm...as long as you can deal with about 1 degree of neg. camber then you will be fine. I actually had WORKS flip the bolt to dial in a little more and am at about -2 on the fronts. :)

threepointsix
04-12-2005, 06:37 PM
SJCoruja,

thanks for the input. -1 degree on any vehicle running a 40-45 sidewall isnt that bad imo. Besides, the cars are actually leaving the dealer out of spec anyway based on what ive heard/seen on the boards. Our cars are supposed to have some neg. camber dialed in anyway and some are +.03-0.05!

kimmievo
04-12-2005, 08:51 PM
Go for it...just as long as you don't mind bump steer. I'll be changing my S Techs this summer for a set of coilovers. I have to admit though, the drop is sweet!

threepointsix
04-14-2005, 09:05 AM
Go for it...just as long as you don't mind bump steer. I'll be changing my S Techs this summer for a set of coilovers. I have to admit though, the drop is sweet!

Ive seen that tie rod kits(bumpsteer kits) do exist for the EVO for just a few hundred dollars?

Actually I just saw WORKS springs in person and that is the way im gonna go. (04/18)

Boostd4
05-05-2005, 11:14 AM
The S-Techs are pretty good, I've had them on the car for about 6 months. There are two drawbacks in my mind...1. the front end does get really low and 2. you're pretty much forced to use the stock dampers. Now, the stock shocks are great...but with the decreased travel..they will wear out much sooner. If you ever plan to upgrade to coilovers in the future as I am...then I say go for it. I don't regret putting these springs on at all, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend this setup as a long term solution.

:D