PDA

View Full Version : Search results limited to only 500 results?

earlyapex aka jack ass
01-19-2009, 06:42 PM
So I noticed the search results and also the "Find all posts by _____" search link only returns 500 results.

So if you are searching for something tech related or information related from 2007 or 2006, or early 2008 you are shit out of luck.

2007 and early 2008 had a ton of tech threads and posts that would be very beneficial to a community like this.

Sweet site

earlyapex aka jack ass
01-25-2009, 01:08 AM
I love how the owner/admin/etc didn't even respond to this... awesome DOWNGRADE fellas.

uhoh_evo
01-25-2009, 02:32 AM
I hate how we can't search by phrases. I was tryna look for that "FP RED IN THE BAY" thread it kept separating the words and returning completely off results. It should be like Google er yahoo where you can put quotations around the phrase and look for exactly that.

NCE search engine FTL.

PANGES
01-26-2009, 03:16 PM
haha. U guys search? I just make a new thread whenever i have a question. :D

ChuckP
01-26-2009, 03:27 PM
haha. U guys search? I just make a new thread whenever i have a question. :D
I sign up a new account, introduce my alias in the "noobz" section, then make a new thread, when i have a question.

Lurk
01-26-2009, 03:29 PM
The new search feature definitely sucks ass compared to before. It seems to give me results for everything EXCEPT what I'm searching for. :thumbsdown:

coolguy949
01-27-2009, 05:42 PM
The new search feature definitely sucks ass compared to before.

You're joking right? Did you ever actually use the old search??

500 results is a lot of stuff to wade through. Can't you tweak the search parameters to allow for a date range?

uhoh_evo
01-27-2009, 05:50 PM

500 results is a lot of stuff to wade through. Can't you tweak the search parameters to allow for a date range?

yea, but that's limited also. you can pick a point in time and then EVERYTHING before or after that point. for example, if i was searching for something back in october, i'd have to do <6months> and <newer> and wade thru everything in between now and then IF it even looks up the words i wanted.

earlyapex aka jack ass
01-27-2009, 06:47 PM

I did. This new search, if you use it for tech searches, only goes back to maybe late-middle 2008 when the max returns are 500. That is horrible. This site has been around for what? 5+ years now? Only 500 returns is cheating the community out of information that has been posted.

btw, love how it took a meltdown for you guys to finally respond. Too bad it's just more of the same "what, it's not broken, you guys just don't know how to use it" answers.

whtrice
01-27-2009, 07:06 PM
Search feature definitely has a major booztd leak. Lotta good numbers down the drain.

That's my 2 Norcal Upgrade BUCKS

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q237/amxman/Conspiracy-Dollar--141832.jpg

nebolic
01-27-2009, 08:09 PM
you should check coolguy949's status. Jan has already spoken about the ownership of the site.

nebo

I did. This new search, if you use it for tech searches, only goes back to maybe late-middle 2008 when the max returns are 500. That is horrible. This site has been around for what? 5+ years now? Only 500 returns is cheating the community out of information that has been posted.

btw, love how it took a meltdown for you guys to finally respond. Too bad it's just more of the same "what, it's not broken, you guys just don't know how to use it" answers.

earlyapex aka jack ass
01-27-2009, 08:15 PM
you should check coolguy949's status. Jan has already spoken about the ownership of the site.

nebo

I know what coolguy949's involvement is with the site. I'm not an idiot.

A simple search of his previous posts will show anyone else that is curious the same thing.

nebolic
01-27-2009, 08:46 PM
you implied that he has involvement in responding and fixing items, which at this time he does not.

nebo

earlyapex aka jack ass
01-27-2009, 08:51 PM
you implied that he has involvement in responding and fixing items, which at this time he does not.

nebo

But he just responded to a search item thread? Last I check that takes "involvement in responding" to a item. ;)

If he isn't involved, don't get involved. He is obviously part of the greater whole.

I'm still trying to figure out what's going on with this damn site. All these people are defecting, people getting banned, and all these "complaints" in this forum haven't seen attention at all. Hell, it took this shake up for anyone to even see they existed, even after PM's and bumping for the last month or so.