PDA

View Full Version : Props to CHP 880 South

SubtleWordplay
01-19-2009, 10:36 PM
I work in Fremont off the Warm Springs/ Warren area and today as I was leaving work, my LICP on the right side of my FMIC came loose as I was heading toward the 880S. I stopped off some work areas off the Dixon Landing to tighten it. Luckily I had a flathead in my glovebox. Confident I had tightened it I proceeded on the 880S. BIG MISTAKE! STUPID ME!

I don't know what I was thinking. As I merge on, the car begins to sputter. I'm like "oh sh!t, here we go." Drive about a quarter of a mile, I pull over on the right shoulder to tighten it again. Drive off, and it begins to sputter again. Pull over the shoulder and attempt to tighten it for about 4 more times.

At this point it's about 7PM, pretty dark, and I'm dead tired from work. My fingers are blistered from failed attempts of tightening the T-Clamps. On about the 5th time, I get out... a lady CHP pulls rolls up behind me and tells to get back into the car. She approaches on the right side of my window and asks what the problem is. I tell her that one of my pipes are loose and I need to get out again to fix it. She asks if I have any kids in the car and says that there have been reports of people running in and out of the car. I reply, "that would probably be me, my car is undriveable and I need to get under the front to tighten a hose, no kids though." She tells me to wait for some sort of Highway Services. They would come and assist me. She said not to get out of the car.

She drives away and another CHP rolls behind me about 5 minutes later. This time it's a dude and a ladyfriend out of uniform. He tells me that the Highway assistant services are off today due to the Holiday. He tells me to turn the car off and asks me questions like "Why does you car stay on after you take out the key?" and "Piping? Is it an air intake?" I explain to him and then he asks if there's anything he can do. I ask, "yeah can I borrow your flashlight?" So I proceed to tighten up the T-Clamp to the hoses and the light made a world of a difference! I didn't even have the T-Clamps on the pipes securely! So I tighten up my LICP and made it home safely.

Props to the CHP for the assistance. I'm never leaving home without the flathead AND flashlight anymore. Nor am I jumping onto the freeway if my piping should ever come loose again. :werd: Make sure you check your T-Clamps and piping from time to time people.

RREVOVIII
01-19-2009, 10:41 PM
nice!

mtsevovii
01-19-2009, 10:45 PM
cool beans

Mr Evo
01-19-2009, 10:45 PM
yeah that happen to me one time i was on my way back from L.A. my clamp popped off all i had was a surf board that had a removable bottle opener and tighten it and made it to a gas station not for at least 60 miles asked to borrow a flat head and got it fixed and made it back home

loquito_8302
01-19-2009, 10:47 PM
wow some props fo the popo. kind of weird to hear from a chp but i guess there is some decent ones that wont try and get you for every little thing

MR EVO 8
01-19-2009, 10:52 PM
Ms. Officer, Ms. Officer...

SubtleWordplay
01-19-2009, 11:02 PM
wow some props fo the popo. kind of weird to hear from a chp but i guess there is some decent ones that wont try and get you for every little thing

Yeah you're telling me. I was almost certain I was getting aticket for something when he started asking me questions... tint, exhaust, etc, whatever he felt like.

evoredy
01-19-2009, 11:12 PM
good stuff. most cops are cool.

out here in central texas, i was parked on the side of a country back-road with my laptop/ecuflash/evoscan/etc checking some crap and a CHP texas equivalent stops right next to me (didn't even notice). i was like aw crap here we go...but all he asked was "is everything ok!?" and i said "yep!" and he sped off. lol. that was grounds for impound in san jose heh.

noypiC50
01-19-2009, 11:19 PM
arent you glad you didnt have the lower splashshied still on there, imagine if the hose popped off and the shield still on there

lqdchkn
01-19-2009, 11:24 PM
Ms. Officer, Ms. Officer...

:dumas:

That's exactly what came to my mind.

Unowned
01-20-2009, 12:50 AM
use your cell as a flashlight. The other thing you can do to drive home is pull the MAF sensor cable and run it in CEL mode, it will be drivable just don't floor it.

SavageEvo8
01-20-2009, 11:07 AM
props to the popos... theyre not all douches :)

MRvengeance
02-09-2009, 12:04 AM
CHP gives ride along for citizens, that woman wasn't a cop.

spooolin4g63
02-09-2009, 12:53 AM
same thing happen to me, the chp was actually cool, he asked me if these parts where legal (before i can even say anything, he said i dont care if your car is modified) he lend me his flash and screw driver

EV0LL
02-09-2009, 01:05 AM
Just a word of advice, if you get pulled over and have a turbo timer, kill the turbo timer ASAP! You are just inviting the officer's curiosity and perhaps more hassle.

Nevermind the fact you don't really need a turbo timer on our cars ;)

BabyBuddha831
02-09-2009, 01:17 AM
i was doing 120mph on my bike one time on highway1 heading to santa cruz..
got pulled over by CHP.
let me go with a warning and told me to bolt my exhaust back one.
he just eye balled my speed.