PDA

View Full Version : Someone has GOT to try these out...

e8
04-13-2005, 12:17 AM
http://www.racecompengineering.com/evo8.htm

MOTONS! :shock:

Unowned
04-13-2005, 08:22 AM
Suspension is only as good as it's tune... (Edited Phrase)

e8
04-13-2005, 08:45 AM
Suspension is only as good as it's tune... (Edited Phrase)

i know. or as good as it's driver.

Unowned
04-13-2005, 08:47 AM
Suspension is only as good as it's tune... (Edited Phrase) or as good as it's driver.

Naw that just helps in Lap times :)

vtluu
04-13-2005, 11:53 AM
Navid is getting these (or an even higher-end model, his run about $6k I think :shock:) for his Evo RS.

chrisw
04-13-2005, 12:04 PM
Navid is getting these (or an even higher-end model, his run about $6k I think :shock:) for his Evo RS.

I heard $7k myself. :shock: :shock:

e8
04-13-2005, 09:43 PM

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Those are definitely the higher end models. Moton, Penske and Ohlins (RR design) are for serious people ONLY. :lol:

Navid@xperformance
04-23-2005, 10:29 AM
We are having fitment issues with the full racing version :( . They actually retail for about $8K with the quick-release for the rear. We are getting a set of Clubsports this week to try to compare with the full racing ones. I can get the Clubsports for $3345 for whoever wants them.

--Navid

wilson1
04-23-2005, 10:34 AM
Navid,

How do the Clubsports compares with the DMS, Zeals super functionR, Ohlin, etc?

chrisw
04-23-2005, 11:08 AM
We are having fitment issues with the full racing version :( . They actually retail for about $8K with the quick-release for the rear. We are getting a set of Clubsports this week to try to compare with the full racing ones. I can get the Clubsports for $3345 for whoever wants them.

--Navid

damm, that sucks Navid!

are you going to be ready for next weekend? I hope you get it all sorted before then.

Navid@xperformance
04-23-2005, 12:33 PM
Navid,

How do the Clubsports compares with the DMS, Zeals super functionR, Ohlin, etc?

Don't know yet. The Moton racing shocks are made of aluminum and very beefy. For example, I had to get longer bolts for the bottom of the rear shock because the Moton Fork was much thicker than stock. They also come with 3 different camber settings for the front struts. Combine that with the GroundControl top camber plates and you can get mega negative camber out of the front :lol: . They are triple-adjustible instead of double for the Clubsports and other brands.

Once I get them fitted and do some testing, I'll let you guys know how they are.

--Navid

Navid@xperformance
04-24-2005, 11:19 AM
damm, that sucks Navid!

are you going to be ready for next weekend? I hope you get it all sorted before then.

At best, I'll have the Clubsports completely untested on the car by next weekend. If not, I'll be on stock suspension :( . There is however a chance of rain :D .

--Navid

chrisw
04-24-2005, 05:48 PM
damm, that sucks Navid!

At best, I'll have the Clubsports completely untested on the car by next weekend. If not, I'll be on stock suspension :( . There is however a chance of rain :D .

--Navid

No rain!! :shock: I just got my 710's

I hope your at least on the clubsports, but even on the stock suspension that never seems to slow you down enough! :lol:

Navid@xperformance
04-25-2005, 08:46 AM

I hope your at least on the clubsports, but even on the stock suspension that never seems to slow you down enough! :lol:

I wish! I had the car out on the concrete surface for the first time at the last AAS event. With the high grip of the Atwater surface and the stock suspension, I must have been on 3 wheels for most of the course. Made for a good show, but I was slower than John Lawrence on Saturday. I really don't think I'll be competitive with Botkins on stock suspension.

Where did you get the 710's? The 285/30/18's are not available again! :shock: I'll be testing the S05's.

--Navid

chrisw
04-25-2005, 11:30 AM

I wish! I had the car out on the concrete surface for the first time at the last AAS event. With the high grip of the Atwater surface and the stock suspension, I must have been on 3 wheels for most of the course. Made for a good show, but I was slower than John Lawrence on Saturday. I really don't think I'll be competitive with Botkins on stock suspension.

Where did you get the 710's? The 285/30/18's are not available again! :shock: I'll be testing the S05's.

--Navid

I am still running the 275/40/17's, no money for 18" rims just yet. I still need to upgrade my front diff...

Even on the stock suspension, you and John were trading 1st place... I agree that Botkins will be tough competition. I am also worried about DeJesus too. But hopefully my codriver can put some heat in the tires if he ever gets his registration in...

Navid@xperformance
04-25-2005, 11:51 AM
I am still running the 275/40/17's, no money for 18" rims just yet. I still need to upgrade my front diff...

Even on the stock suspension, you and John were trading 1st place... I agree that Botkins will be tough competition. I am also worried about DeJesus too. But hopefully my codriver can put some heat in the tires if he ever gets his registration in...

Well, if you find yourself in need of a co-driver, I can bring 18" wheels and tires. :D

--Navid