PDA

View Full Version : Need to Vent about work!

nebolic
02-11-2004, 11:20 PM
Hi guys,

I just needed a place to vent, I received my annual review for work yesterday and it was crap, they rated me average when I busted my a$$ for them for the past year. Basically I felt wrong, I came in on holidays, xmas eve, always the first one in the door and the last one out and they gave me a crap review. I made a rebuttal statement and guess what, the management is not happy, apparaently if you speak up, you get dinged for it, but hey if I feel I'm wronged I'm gonna speak up. It is so frustrating and theres nothing I can do. ARggghhh just want to vent.

Yeah I'm pissed off, I'm in a sh!tty mood and i'm stressing. Sorry guys, just need to vent. Thanks

Nebo

(I'm feeling so down and under that I dont even want to drive my Evo around, just feel like laying in my bed under the covers.) :roll: :evil:

howiEVO8
02-12-2004, 12:11 AM
don't sweat it bro, i know how u feel...it's all gravy...just keep your head up cuz some ppl don't know what they have until its gone...once you leave that place they're gonna know wussup...

vtluu
02-12-2004, 12:17 AM
(Thread moved to "Off-Topic".)

Sorry to hear about your bad day. Yeah, work can suck sometimes. I love my job but it's not always fun and games either.
As therapy, I suggest you watch Office Space--that's sure to make you feel better about your job! :buds:

BluEvo
02-12-2004, 12:27 AM
damn. hard times. don't trip homie. just keep doing the good job that ur doing and ur time will come! :)

Mrs. Solo
02-12-2004, 12:55 AM
Dude that really sucks :( Just hang it there, have you thought about looking elsewhere? Not sure exactly what you do but job opportunities are starting to pick up a little. Maybe YOU need a day trip to a Day Spa
:wink:

ez76
02-12-2004, 01:09 AM
Put it on them -

Ask your boss what you need to do to exceed average expectations - have him/her give you a path to success. This probably involves volunteering to take more responsibility, even if you are already working overtime (does anyone not work overtime in the bay area?). I don't know what kind of work you do but usually there is always more work to do than people to do it so giving extra helps and makes you stand out -- usually.

That being said there are a couple other things to mention,

I am lucky to work on a team where 90% of the people are really just damn good and hard working, all of us give extra and are responsible for more stuff than is typical in our kind of organization. We get a lot done well, but still, management has to rank us all at review time so it turns out most everyone on the team is rated "average" and gets the average salary increase, etc. Is it possible that's what happened in your case?

In any case, keep your head up. You told management how you felt, now it is on them to tell you how to grow and improve, and the best thing you can do is take their suggestions professionally and act on them.

If this has happened before and you think you're getting a raw deal still, maybe time to look around!

chris
02-12-2004, 08:27 AM
i get my review next month. i hope its not that bad =X and to get a raise =D

ytsejam
02-12-2004, 08:31 AM
mmmmmm.....day spaaaaaaa....... ;)

nebolic
02-12-2004, 09:44 AM
thanks for the support guys, really appreciate it. I'm looking elsewhere, but job market is still not too great. I do Custodian Portfolio Accountanting. I feel i'm shafted for speaking up, it seems like management always like to slap you with whatever they want to say and you're suppose to take it. I'm the only one that responds back if I feel i'm wronged and i guess they hate it. Oh well, guess this is gonna be one big learning experinece.

ytsejam
02-12-2004, 10:50 AM
mine is coming...hopefully in 1-2 weeks...(end of this month the latest)...wish me luck...

warpspeed
02-12-2004, 11:50 AM
Haven't you noticed that it is always the one with no brains that move up the ladder.....well it is at my work! I went through the same shit at work and then I finally said to myself "F*#k you all." I just do what I have to do and that's it. No more no less!

thomas
02-12-2004, 06:07 PM
thanks for the support guys, really appreciate it. I'm looking elsewhere, but job market is still not too great. I do Custodian Portfolio Accountanting. I feel i'm shafted for speaking up, it seems like management always like to slap you with whatever they want to say and you're suppose to take it. I'm the only one that responds back if I feel i'm wronged and i guess they hate it. Oh well, guess this is gonna be one big learning experinece.

keep your head up...more ops will come. give me a call if you want to do something to get your mind off things.

piece.

evo_dadi
02-12-2004, 08:57 PM
copy my work motto:GO POSTAL!!!!
then they will leave you alone. ;)