PDA

View Full Version : thunderhill with Track Masters Racing, 4/15

hagakure
04-15-2005, 08:04 PM
Well it was an outstanding day...only saw one other Evo, he was in the beginner group. I ran in high intermediate all day, good day, best lap was a 2:13.5....watch out Bryan and Tony, I'm stalking ya!:)

How many folks will be with NCRC on 5/27? I'm planning on running their time trial that day. Peace guys.

Percy

smack
04-15-2005, 08:50 PM
Well it was an outstanding day...only saw one other Evo, he was in the beginner group. I ran in high intermediate all day, good day, best lap was a 2:13.5....watch out Bryan and Tony, I'm stalking ya!:)

How many folks will be with NCRC on 5/27? I'm planning on running their time trial that day. Peace guys.

Percy

good job Percy. it's all about seat time!
is the ncrc at t-hill as well?
if work calms down a bit i should be able to make that one.
might even have to give that time trial a try myself.

see ya at the track,
sean

hagakure
04-15-2005, 09:43 PM
Hey Sean,

Yeah, it's at T-hill. I will also be going to Reno-Fernley June 3 with the Lotus club, if you or any other folks are interested. Peace.

Percy

dohcvtec
04-15-2005, 11:54 PM
how do you guys get so many week days off? I hate working for the man :(

wilson1
04-16-2005, 12:30 AM

yeah !

earlyapex
04-16-2005, 10:11 AM

I believe Percy works for himself?

I work on the BFGoodrich and Michelin account at my job so when I want to take some days off for track days it isn't a problem. :)

hagakure
04-16-2005, 10:19 AM
I work for myself as well as contract with an HMO....but I have a lot of flexibility on the back end of the week...trying to get in as much time as I can until my wife gets pregnant! Another goal is to get fast, efficient, and knowledgeble, so that I can become an instuctor for trackmasters or NCRC...instruction=free track time!

Peace.

Percy

earlyapex
04-16-2005, 10:28 AM
I work for myself as well as contract with an HMO....but I have a lot of flexibility on the back end of the week...trying to get in as much time as I can until my wife gets pregnant! Another goal is to get fast, efficient, and knowledgeble, so that I can become an instuctor for trackmasters or NCRC...instruction=free track time!

Peace.

Percy

Hhaha I had been thinking about instructing too but watching some of the people drive on track, I'm not sure if I want to be a passenger with them! http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/ohnoes.gif

hagakure
04-16-2005, 10:52 AM
There is some scary driving at times, that's true....but I think it can be really helpful to take a coaching approach to instruction, and be firm, available, and decisive. For instance, I've had two instructors. One sucked completely, spent the whole session yelling: "Brake!!, Turn in Now!!", etc. the other, Gordon Pun, was amazing. Calm, focused, discussed expectations with me before getting in the car, did a little coaching session before we took off. He also had the in ear communication system, so he could speak to me in a CALM, NORMAL VOICE, while instructing...he was incredibly helpful. I honestly feel that poor instruction contributes to bad things happening on a race track as well...but, I feel ya!

On another note, you should have seen the bad-ass little 2/3 scale "nascar" that was out there called a "Baby Grand" these things are 20,000 complete, and are as fast as radicals. They can also be set up VERY well for road courses. The guy that was outthere with his was turning 1:58's all day. Other thing he noted was that due to the low weight (1100 pounds) the thing could go 8-10 events on ONE set of goodyear slicks! It's also easy on brakes, spares are cheap, etc....I had my eye set on a stohr to purchase in a few years, but hell, for the $$ I'm thinking about one of these! I'll keep the evo as well, of course:).

Percy

http://www.babygrandracing.com/