PDA

View Full Version : why is it that there are ALWAYS more...

uhoh_evo
02-10-2009, 09:53 AM
Every time I hit up the home page (which is a lot cuz I'm always on thru my phone) I always see that the number of "guests" on the site is more than the number of logged in members. Once I started noticing it I would look more often and it's always more "guests" than "members".

Hard to believe that everyday we have that many "NEW" people looking thru the site. The number of "guests" has been consistently 20+ throughout the day, everyday, for the past few weeks.

Kinda makes you wonder... "are people ashamed of being logged in to NCE?"

sprytsi
02-10-2009, 10:16 AM
Kinda makes you wonder... "are people ashamed of being logged in to NCE?"

Yes.

Most everyone moved over to the 'new' site.

:3some:

uhoh_evo
02-10-2009, 11:46 AM
Why not just stay logged in? I mean it is understandable since this site currently has way more content.

Just seems this loyalty thing is ridiculous.

sprytsi
02-10-2009, 01:06 PM
Why not just stay logged in? I mean it is understandable since this site currently has way more broken content.

Just seems this loyalty thing is ridiculous.

Fixed for you.

The latest updates to content are on the new site

steevo8
02-10-2009, 01:15 PM
Umm have you been to the other place? There's a considerable amount more useful current stuff there. I think that most of the guests here are just lurking to laugh at the fall out. Now that certain people have stooped as low as to attack the other places site I would assume it will only get worse. Or better depending on how you look at it.

uhoh_evo
02-10-2009, 02:13 PM
Fixed for you.

The latest updates to content are on the new site

HaHa. Thanks.

But I haven't actually looked thru the content yet on EE. Still waiting to get to a comp so I can register. Why lurk when you can just be logged in? The site is being fixed (eventho it did take a lot of effort on the members to make it happen).

steevo8
02-10-2009, 02:27 PM
Well I'm sure you'll see why once you register and come visit for a bit. We have cookies.

earlyapex aka jack ass
02-10-2009, 03:15 PM
HaHa. Thanks.

But I haven't actually looked thru the content yet on EE. Still waiting to get to a comp so I can register. Why lurk when you can just be logged in? The site is being fixed (eventho it did take a lot of effort on the members to make it happen).

My power threads are the highest viewed tech threads on this site. 43,744 views for just the Evo 8 and 9 threads combined. My budget filter thread with all the data and information had 8,670 views alone.

People from all over the USA and the world come to NCE looking at tech threads.

willitas34
02-10-2009, 03:33 PM
I've moved over most of my tech and power posts to the new site. I will not be posting anything tech related on this site moving forward.

My power threads where the highest viewed tech threads on this site. 43,744 views for just the Evo 8 and 9 threads combined. My budget filter thread with all the data and information had 8,670 views alone.

People from all over the USA and the world came to NCE looking at tech threads.

Too bad that won't be happening anymore.

There has already been a bunch of events that have happened in the last month that have not been posted on NCE. Some examples are a flash tuned 2009 ralliart with data and powercharts that gained 50whp bone stock. A stock turbo Evo 9 running 11.5@120 mph (norcal stock turbo trap record), NASA Time Trial builds, etc etc

NCE FTW :D

sprytsi
02-10-2009, 03:41 PM
The site is being fixed (eventho it did take a lot of effort on the members to make it happen).

I think you summed it up nicely.

NCE is just full of love :3some:

steevo8
02-10-2009, 03:53 PM
So in the time it has taken one person to start a site from scratch, bring on 20+ mods/admins, start a Evo of the month contest, print a eotm t-shirt, gain 400members, create a logo, start on site decals, business cards, setup a dozen or so vendors with their own sub section, change the home page several times, upgrade the server etc etc etc etc.... It has taken the same time plus some to fix some image tags. Wow sweet.

uhoh_evo
02-10-2009, 04:52 PM
I'm not trying to say one site is better than another. Actually, I am really looking forward moving to the other site because it seems like the members who have contributed most to my NCE experience have moved there as well.

My point was just stating that it seems sketchy that there have been more "guests" than "members" on the site. For as long as I could remember, there were always 50+ "members" to the site and maybe a dozen "guests". Ever since the migration over to EE, the "members" have dropped and the "guests" have risen.

I was already fairly certain it was mostly old members not logging in. My question was "are you guys TRYING not to be on this site intentionally?"

steevo8
02-10-2009, 10:24 PM
"are you guys TRYING not to be on this site intentionally?"

As much as we love NCE, yes...

a_decoy
02-10-2009, 10:55 PM
"are you guys TRYING not to be on this site intentionally?"

Mostly...

aboh6leenz
02-10-2009, 11:19 PM
I've moved over most of my tech and power posts to the new site. I will not be posting anything tech related on this site moving forward.

My power threads where the highest viewed tech threads on this site. 43,744 views for just the Evo 8 and 9 threads combined. My budget filter thread with all the data and information had 8,670 views alone.

People from all over the USA and the world came to NCE looking at tech threads.

Too bad that won't be happening anymore.

There has already been a bunch of events that have happened in the last month that have not been posted on NCE. Some examples are a flash tuned 2009 ralliart with data and powercharts that gained 50whp bone stock. A stock turbo Evo 9 running 11.5@120 mph (norcal stock turbo trap record), NASA Time Trial builds, etc etc

So should I pm you over there instead from now on?

PhoPoweR
02-10-2009, 11:38 PM
No, PMing me here is fine.

Carbon161
10-27-2009, 11:53 PM
nvm

TrusT No1
10-28-2009, 03:41 AM
Sometimes I get booted over and over again and it gets annoying to keep logging in.