PDA

View Full Version : Some Pictures from T-hill, 4/15

hagakure
04-16-2005, 07:46 AM
Hey Guys,

A few pics that were taken yesterday at thunderhill...don't know how to post pictures her, so here is the link to evom...peace.

Percy

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?p=1870815#post1870815

earlyapex
04-16-2005, 10:08 AM
Nice Percy!

Your times keep dropping! I see you are getting used to those hoosiers. :)

Was thill run the same normal config? CCW with syclone?

hagakure
04-16-2005, 11:04 AM
It was run in the same configuration/direction. I like the tires, but have found out a bit more about them after talking with the folks at hoosier. One of the reasons they were discounted and not used for the next GAC season was that grip was noticebly less than on a normal RS04, but wear is MUCH better. What I like about them is the stiff sidewall, and the predictability. unlike regular hoosiers they HOWL at you on the limit, and you can progressively slide the car through corners...grip is probably on par with toyos...maybe. But I like em! I also learned that for my driving style, it's better to trail brake into lowspeed corners. I also did a better job with Heel/toe rev matching. Still no balls for turns one and 8 however....I'm leaving a lot of time on the table there. My exit speed out of one is still only about 95 mph. I am driving 2- through the cyclone very well though. Next time out I'll work really hard on 8 and 1! Look forward to running with you guys again!

Percy

methods4
04-16-2005, 07:56 PM
Nice times Percy! Steadily improving! I don't blame you on T1 and T8, I never drive 10/10ths through those corners. Not worth destroying a $30k car for a non competitive trackday. Can't wait to do T-hill again.

redvolution
04-18-2005, 01:17 PM
How I miss thill...

T1 and T8 are intimitating - kinda like T1 and T9 at Willow Springs.

Percy - I'm curious how much of a difference you noticed from the Works Springs and camber plates. I've heard about them on the street but I'm more interested in how they affected track performance.

hagakure
04-18-2005, 02:50 PM
The Camber plates are very, very useful on the track, the springs are good, better set-up than stock, but could be a bit stiffer. I'm runing 2.5 degrees negative camber, which helps the turn-in a LOT, but would be hell on the street. I'm only driving the Evo on the street about 1 day a week at this point, so it's ok. The set-up is not as good as a good coilover system, but I think, better than stock. If you are going to run even the minimum camber increse that I have, best to get some R compounds to take advantage of the situation. I need to improve my braking drastically though. I was testing some pads for raceshopper, and they suck so bad that I was braking BEFORE the first brake marker at almost everycorner at t-hill....not good, and I was still able to go reasonably fast. I need to check with Bryan and see what he thinks about the PF compound from RRE.

Percy