PDA

View Full Version : CMI drag racing events

Audi2ptzero
03-10-2009, 04:42 PM
Just wondering if anyone would be interested in racing at the CMI events in a Heads up Street AWD class? Basically this will be like the street tuner class ran at other events. It will be AWD, turbo, manual transmission, street tire, full body, all glass for cars running 10.00 or slower.

Talked to Tony that runs CMI this weekend and he said he would be very interested in this. He will also have a AWD bracket class for the cars that dont feel they are fast enough or dont qualify for the AWD heads up class. Might even see if any local AWD shops might be willing to sponsor this class and add some money to the purse. I already know 1 shop that is willing to do just that.

PAT@FFTEC
03-10-2009, 05:57 PM
Mike,

Hey man nice to see you over here and glad you posted this up.

I think i have your # on a pm from Evom.....i'd like to talk to you more in depth about this tomorrow as i'll be at the shop in the afternoon.

This sounds like a great plan and i know there will be a few others interested primarily Chris from EIP who you spoke to at the race last weekend.

Talk to you soon!

Pat

MeeH LuCky IX
03-10-2009, 08:10 PM
I will defenetly be down for an AWD Class it would bring a new exciting class to CMI i'm am 110% for this, now we just gotta round out the fastest AWD's in the Bay Area to attend : )

Audi2ptzero
03-11-2009, 12:39 AM
Mike,

Hey man nice to see you over here and glad you posted this up.

I think i have your # on a pm from Evom.....i'd like to talk to you more in depth about this tomorrow as i'll be at the shop in the afternoon.

This sounds like a great plan and i know there will be a few others interested primarily Chris from EIP who you spoke to at the race last weekend.

Talk to you soon!

Pat

Pat I tried to PM you on EVOm but your mail box is FULL LOL

I will PM you my number here, if you dont get it just send me an email at [email protected].

GsxEcutioner
03-11-2009, 08:41 AM
I will defenetly be down for an AWD Class it would bring a new exciting class to CMI i'm am 110% for this, now we just gotta round out the fastest AWD's in the Bay Area to attend : )

I hope the hydro's dont break again ; ] *knock on wood*

MeeH LuCky IX
03-11-2009, 03:58 PM
^Wasup man yeah were in the process of getting everything figured out with that it'll be fixed and ready very soon : )

PAT@FFTEC
03-11-2009, 04:39 PM
Pat I tried to PM you on EVOm but your mail box is FULL LOL

I will PM you my number here, if you dont get it just send me an email at [email protected].

Mike,

Sorry man i was on vacation for a couple weeks hehehehehe.

Should be all clear over there on EvoM.

Got your # and will call you tonight or later this week.

Audi2ptzero
03-16-2009, 04:17 PM
Let me know how many of you want to run in a class like this, I need to talk to Tony to see if we can make it happen for the April 5th event.

PAT@FFTEC
03-17-2009, 07:46 AM
Let me know how many of you want to run in a class like this, I need to talk to Tony to see if we can make it happen for the April 5th event.
Sorry for not getting back to you Mike.

Is there a specific amount needed to make the class possible? And is there a targeted ET for this group or just "heads-up" / "run-what-ya-brung" type class?

If not where will we be placed? With the RWD guys again i'm assuming?

Aside form myself we have 3-4 other specific customers that would run in that class as well however i'm not sure all 4 will be able to make it to the Apr 5th event.

A couple are pretty big builds so they will need some TNT sessions and another is getting a motor built as we speak.....

Audi2ptzero
03-17-2009, 08:36 AM
Well the class would be filled by 8 cars that qualify. If there isn't enough people we would end up in the T4 class if you want to run heads up and is what I ran in at the last event. I guess the others can run in the AWD bracket class that Tony started. He got rid of the RWD bracket class and is making a new bracket class just for V8's.

DeaDenD
03-17-2009, 08:48 AM
i think a buddy and i (evo and a talon) will make it to CMI on the 5th. not forsure yet.

PAT@FFTEC
03-17-2009, 08:59 AM
i think a buddy and i (evo and a talon) will make it to CMI on the 5th. not forsure yet.
JR i didn't mean to not include you and Teddy but i was hoping you would post in here so that i didn't "put my own foot in my mouth" lol.

Sounds like we should have some good cars out this year which ever class people decide to run in.

Mike you can be sure that i will keep spreading the word at the shop for all those that come in and are interested in the DRAG thing.

By the way is there any add'l fee to run in this class or just the basic "racer" entrance fee?

DeaDenD
03-17-2009, 09:39 AM
hahah... pat your a good man.

just tryin figure out how this awd class is going to work out like is there a qualifying times to race in this class? and is it just AWD-imports?

i hear alot of high HP evos,dsm,hondas...tryin to hit the track for the first time.

looks like it will be a fun year.

PAT@FFTEC
03-17-2009, 10:58 AM
hahah... pat your a good man.

just tryin figure out how this awd class is going to work out like is there a qualifying times to race in this class? and is it just AWD-imports?

i hear alot of high HP evos,dsm,hondas...tryin to hit the track for the first time.

looks like it will be a fun year.
Should be similar to the heads up classes in other events.

From what Mike said there will be qualifications and i'm assuming ONLY for AWD vehicles and from there the top 8 will be ranked and then it will be like a single elimination ladder (like march madness lol) #1 vs #8 and so on hopefully having the #1 & #2 cars in the finals.

Also this should be heads up on a "pro' tree as that's what the bracket racing class is set aside for.

EDIT: Please pray for less breakage from the HONDA guys..........it makes for a LONG-ASS day sitting in the staging lanes to get 2 qualification passes :offrant:

Audi2ptzero
03-17-2009, 01:34 PM
Correct. It will be a class were you must qualify, at CMI there are 2 qualifying runs and the top 8 cars are put into the field.

The class will basicaly have the same rules like other events(BOTI and IDRC) that have a street tuner/tire class, only difference is that it will just be for AWD cars running OEM type transmissions. We are trying to make it more competitive so we are hoping to keep it in the range of where most AWD turbo cars are able to run now. This way all of the people racing in the class feel like they have a shot at winning money. I have also thought of a few other things that might make the class a bit more fun but will have to run them by Tony. Maybe add a "points" chase for all of his events with an added bonus at the end of the season for the person with the most points. This would help bring more cars out to all of the events. Maybe even add a raffle price that would be included in the price of the AWD heads up class, so even if the racer doesn't qualify into the 8 they still have a chance of winning something.

PAT@FFTEC
03-17-2009, 04:33 PM
Correct. It will be a class were you must qualify, at CMI there are 2 qualifying runs and the top 8 cars are put into the field.

The class will basicaly have the same rules like other events(BOTI and IDRC) that have a street tuner/tire class, only difference is that it will just be for AWD cars running OEM type transmissions. We are trying to make it more competitive so we are hoping to keep it in the range of where most AWD turbo cars are able to run now. This way all of the people racing in the class feel like they have a shot at winning money. I have also thought of a few other things that might make the class a bit more fun but will have to run them by Tony. Maybe add a "points" chase for all of his events with an added bonus at the end of the season for the person with the most points. This would help bring more cars out to all of the events. Maybe even add a raffle price that would be included in the price of the AWD heads up class, so even if the racer doesn't qualify into the 8 they still have a chance of winning something.

That all sounds great!

Will this class be limited to a dot tire or can full slicks be run?

Only reason i ask is that you mentioned street "tuner/tire"

I know there is a lot of debate when it come down to what is an acceptable dot tire (ie. drag radials / bias-ply)

aaevol9
03-17-2009, 04:43 PM
i would deffinately be interested....this class sounds pretty good!

RREVOVIII
03-17-2009, 05:08 PM
this is gonna be fun day!

PAT@FFTEC
03-17-2009, 08:00 PM
I just noticed on the web that it has the AWD (no domestics) class under "bracket racing"????

Is that true?

http://sacramentoraceway.com/cmi.html

Audi2ptzero
03-17-2009, 09:00 PM
That all sounds great!

Will this class be limited to a dot tire or can full slicks be run?

Only reason i ask is that you mentioned street "tuner/tire"

I know there is a lot of debate when it come down to what is an acceptable dot tire (ie. drag radials / bias-ply)

DOT only, no slicks. I dont know many AWD cars that need slicks to run 10's. LOL

So this means even the Hoosier Quick Time Pro tires you run at BOTI. I want it to be fair to all AWD cars and be fun for everyone. Really looking for a AWD class that the avg joe can compete in, not become who has the deepest pocket. This is why it will follow the normal street class rules. Full glass, windows must roll up and down like normal, door panels, 2 front seats, dash and no Full cells. Then add in the AWD and manual transmission. Cars must follow NHRA safety rules.

I just noticed on the web that it has the AWD (no domestics) class under "bracket racing"????

Is that true?

http://sacramentoraceway.com/cmi.html (http://sacramentoraceway.com/cmi.html)

Yes that is the class that Tony decided on making in place of the "RWD" bracket class. I am the one that talked to Tony about doing an AWD "heads up class" while I was at the last CMI event. So the heads up class might be added if we have enough interest, plus I am looking at adding to the purse as a sponsor of that class.

The next CMI is coming up quickly so we dont have all that much time to make sure we get this class added for that event date.

MeeH LuCky IX
03-17-2009, 09:07 PM
Are we really gonna need 2 front seats cause I only have one : (

Audi2ptzero
03-17-2009, 09:28 PM
Well I would like to keep it that way but if people dont complain it shouldn't be an issue. I just dont want it to get to a point where people start pulling out front seats because 1 other car doesn't have it.

I guess we can just make you carry a spare tire to make even it out. ;)

RREVOVIII
03-17-2009, 09:29 PM
Well I would like to keep it that way but if people dont complain it shouldn't be an issue. I just dont want it to get to a point where people start pulling out front seats because 1 other car doesn't have it.

I guess we can just make you carry a spare tire to make even it out. ;)
lol

MeeH LuCky IX
03-17-2009, 09:42 PM
I'll be running street tires I'll be on the Dunlop Direzza Star Specs I think that would offset the weight advantage.

Audi2ptzero
03-17-2009, 09:57 PM
I'll be running street tires I'll be on the Dunlop Direzza Star Specs I think that would offset the weight advantage.

Its cool, just want to see about starting a class that will be fun for everyone. Too many of the other events that have a heads up class have been basically killed off because big name shops felt a need to run in a class they knew they could win with no issues. That takes the fun out of it for everyone else and then before you know it no one is showing up for that class but that shop.

Shops with 8 second cars should be running in the Pro class not with the avg racer.

PAT@FFTEC
03-18-2009, 08:13 AM
Mike that all sounds just like the class most of us would like to race in.

I'm not a big fan of bracket racing myself and get much more enjoyment out of heads up.

Only reason i'm asking about the tires and specifics is because i know how much this caused a stink for some due to things like the seat rule and door panel stuff.......but for instance some cars that have all the front interior but the rear is removed dut to lack of use from cage etc.

I know this is still in the works and i'm sure we could all agree on what to allow based on how many and who actually show up to race.

Mike once again thanks for "spear-heading" this as i think many will have fun in a class like this :thumbsup:

Audi2ptzero
03-18-2009, 08:39 AM
Mike that all sounds just like the class most of us would like to race in.

I'm not a big fan of bracket racing myself and get much more enjoyment out of heads up.

Only reason i'm asking about the tires and specifics is because i know how much this caused a stink for some due to things like the seat rule and door panel stuff.......but for instance some cars that have all the front interior but the rear is removed dut to lack of use from cage etc.

I know this is still in the works and i'm sure we could all agree on what to allow based on how many and who actually show up to race.

Mike once again thanks for "spear-heading" this as i think many will have fun in a class like this :thumbsup:

As long as they are not slicks or cheater slicks it should be fine.

The rear door panels aren't a huge issue seeing that they really aren't that heavy, as long as the window motors haven't been pulled it will most likely get looked passed unless other racers complain. No issues with pulling any of the other stuff out behind the B pillar since that is allowed in all of the other events us AWD cars would be allowed to run in for a heads up street class, just like BOTI and IDRC which I run in. I have no rear seats, no rear carpet or anything in my trunk other then then my battery and part of my cage.

The last BOTI Event I entered at Fontana one of the other cars in the Street tuner class was running without a front passenger seat, it wasn't an issue. But then we were there to just have fun seeing that most of us knew we didn't exactly have a chance at taking 1st or 2nd place seeing that there was an 8 second STI and high 9 second 300z in our class. Both of them were running automatic transmission using nitrous to spool the turbos. I had to run against the same 300z at IDRC with me taking 2nd.

I mean if at some point people start asking to run slicks or cheater slicks then we could always put that up for vote at the track during the event. Last thing I would want to do is force someone to race putting them self or others in danger because of traction issues. But I think for most of us even the Hoosier Quick Time Pro's will be more then enough tire. I still need to figure out what tires I will go with because I am already starting to spin my BFG radials in 2nd gear now. I guess they werent exactly meant to hold about 630+whp. LOL

Audi2ptzero
03-30-2009, 07:56 AM
Hey guys, just wondering how many of you have plans on going to the CMI event this coming sunday?

PAT@FFTEC
03-30-2009, 11:18 AM
Hey Mike i can't speak for many but we will have a customer bringing his stockish evo out.

I'm still debating on if i should make the trip out as my car really needs another tnt to get things straightened out.

Only problem is i don't have access to a trailer and i just like the comfort of towing rather than having to drive up with all my stuff or bring 2 cars and the hassle of cruising the Evo in near track form.

Not to mention i think i'll really get hassled about the cage as now even on a so-so pass it traps 135mph consistantly.

Audi2ptzero
03-30-2009, 12:21 PM
Hey Mike i can't speak for many but we will have a customer bringing his stockish evo out.

I'm still debating on if i should make the trip out as my car really needs another tnt to get things straightened out.

Only problem is i don't have access to a trailer and i just like the comfort of towing rather than having to drive up with all my stuff or bring 2 cars and the hassle of cruising the Evo in near track form.

Not to mention i think i'll really get hassled about the cage as now even on a so-so pass it traps 135mph consistantly.

Thats what Uhaul trailers are for. :icon_biggrin:

yeah if you trap 135 all the time you will get the boot at a event like CMI. Maybe not so much if you are just at TNT.

spooolin4g63
03-30-2009, 03:35 PM
ill be there this sunday, and hopefully the rest of the cmi event of the year

krispytapa
03-30-2009, 05:03 PM
This sounds like fun. I can't make it this sunday, though. :(

PAT@FFTEC
03-30-2009, 05:32 PM
This sounds like fun. I can't make it this sunday, though. :(
BOO!

Just leave us the keys we'll take care of that Mike :icon_wink:

What would you like it to run :cheesy:

MeeH LuCky IX
03-30-2009, 09:59 PM
I'm going to be there : )

aaevol9
03-31-2009, 12:34 AM
my car wont be ready by sunday so I wont be able to run till the may event:icon_banghead:
I will still try to make it out there though and support my norcal evo brothas and watch everybody knock down some good times:thumbsup:

Audi2ptzero
04-01-2009, 09:21 AM
Well it looks like I will be there. Got everything planned out and should be heading up on Friday to get the car retuned at 034 for the new fuel pump setup.

Little video http://videos.streetfire.net/video/dual-pumps_643749.htm

PAT@FFTEC
04-01-2009, 10:46 AM
Well it looks like I will be there. Got everything planned out and should be heading up on Friday to get the car retuned at 034 for the new fuel pump setup.

Little video http://videos.streetfire.net/video/dual-pumps_643749.htm
COOL thanks for the vid Mike thing is looking very good and ready for some ACTION!

I may need to ask you some info about your dual pump set-up when i see you this weekend if you have the time.

I'm still debating on whether to race or not :cop:

I see some BFG DR's on there is that what you run now at the track?

Audi2ptzero
04-01-2009, 12:06 PM
COOL thanks for the vid Mike thing is looking very good and ready for some ACTION!

I may need to ask you some info about your dual pump set-up when i see you this weekend if you have the time.

Been running the BFG's for about 4 years now, still on the same set. Problem is that I am not getting enough traction with them now that I am making more power.

Just talked to Tony from CMI, he is all in for the AWD heads up class with a cap of about 10.00. He wanted to do a 10.5 index but I told him that it would be better to put it right at 10.0 since thats what most AWD guys that want to run in the event are aiming for. He just doesn't want it to get like some other classes where a bunch of cars will be running 1 second slower then the quickest car and I feel the same way. I don't want people to feel like they don't have a chance to win. So anyone that does plan on running in the AWD heads up class this weekend try to get there early because Tony wants to have us all park in the same area and have a meeting about the class, so everyones opinion for the class will count.

He also wanted me to ask around if there are any AWD shops that might want to donate some money or parts to increase the payout for just this class. I need to talk to my friend Greg but I am sure we will be putting in $250 to the purse to get this class going. Anything will help get this class rolling which should grow pretty quickly which is a good thing and should be a pretty good crowd pleasure.

Pat if you are free on Friday you should come by 034 while I am there. I should be getting there around 3-4pm and it isn't far from FFTEC.

spooolin4g63
04-01-2009, 05:06 PM

well if you dont race, you guys should bring out the new monster:icon_peace:

PAT@FFTEC
04-01-2009, 05:29 PM
Been running the BFG's for about 4 years now, still on the same set. Problem is that I am not getting enough traction with them now that I am making more power.

Just talked to Tony from CMI, he is all in for the AWD heads up class with a cap of about 10.00. He wanted to do a 10.5 index but I told him that it would be better to put it right at 10.0 since thats what most AWD guys that want to run in the event are aiming for. He just doesn't want it to get like some other classes where a bunch of cars will be running 1 second slower then the quickest car and I feel the same way. I don't want people to feel like they don't have a chance to win. So anyone that does plan on running in the AWD heads up class this weekend try to get there early because Tony wants to have us all park in the same area and have a meeting about the class, so everyones opinion for the class will count.

He also wanted me to ask around if there are any AWD shops that might want to donate some money or parts to increase the payout for just this class. I need to talk to my friend Greg but I am sure we will be putting in $250 to the purse to get this class going. Anything will help get this class rolling which should grow pretty quickly which is a good thing and should be a pretty good crowd pleasure.

Pat if you are free on Friday you should come by 034 while I am there. I should be getting there around 3-4pm and it isn't far from FFTEC.
I'll do my best to stop by on fri but i have work most of the day but will hit ya up after.

Unfortunately money is super tight here at the shop and since i'm not quite ready for competition in terms of safety i don't think i could put up money when i know i couldn't run at full tilt.

Either way i promise to do my best to get the car ready for the other events coming up w/ the saftey stuff taken care of.

Let's do our best to get this class going and competitive i think it could be a very interesting thing to watch :icon_biggrin:

Audi2ptzero
04-01-2009, 05:59 PM
Pat I wont get there till late in the afternoon and most likely be there till that night when traffic slows down. If you can't make it I will see you at the track on sunday.

PAT@FFTEC
04-02-2009, 09:28 AM
well if you dont race, you guys should bring out the new monster:icon_peace:

Already talked to the guys about it and if we don't trailer my car out we just need the a-ok from the owner and we're set to bring it up.

Just don't expect much we haven't even gotten it out to a tnt so we may still be working some things out but it should be a blast and we'd love to put on a good showing for the crowd!

Pat I wont get there till late in the afternoon and most likely be there till that night when traffic slows down. If you can't make it I will see you at the track on sunday.

That sounds like a plan! Have a safe trip!

PAT@FFTEC
04-02-2009, 03:39 PM
Mike please follow the link as there are some people on the other evo forum that are banned and can't post over here.

I asked them to post in this thread so you can follow up on how many people may be coming out to play.

http://evoempire.org/CMI-is-looking-into-a-pure-AWD-HEADS-UP-CLASS-t1795.html&gopid=32668#entry32668

Audi2ptzero
04-02-2009, 04:11 PM
What is our count here?

RREVOVIII
04-02-2009, 07:07 PM
i might be there....

Audi2ptzero
04-04-2009, 08:37 AM
Hey guys I am not going to make it to the CMI event on sunday. Ended up losing 3rd gear yesterday while on the dyno.

spooolin4g63
04-04-2009, 10:03 AM
Hey guys I am not going to make it to the CMI event on sunday. Ended up losing 3rd gear yesterday while on the dyno.

thats sucks man, get her back together soon

MeeH LuCky IX
04-04-2009, 12:28 PM
I am too gonna be a no show clutch lines still blown and we couldn't get the parts shipped in time so unless theres a miracle somehow today I won't be able to make it.

aaevol9
04-04-2009, 12:58 PM
dang looks like alot of us are down 4 the count in this event sounds like may is gonna be the first cmi of the year for alot of us.

spooolin4g63
04-04-2009, 02:05 PM
so whose going...? whats the deal pat....pet.....?

Audi2ptzero
04-04-2009, 04:09 PM
I feel bad because I cant go, already called Tony from CMI and gave him a heads up that I wont be there for this event. So he will have to see how many AWD cars show up, I am sure with more time there will be more cars on the next event. I just hope I can figure out what trans to put back in my car and get the tuning finished. Had a misfire issue we still need to figure out, but I figure its just the stock coil packs that aren't cutting it anymore now that I am able to put more fuel into the cylinder.

spooolin4g63
04-04-2009, 04:49 PM
I feel bad because I cant go, already called Tony from CMI and gave him a heads up that I wont be there for this event. So he will have to see how many AWD cars show up, I am sure with more time there will be more cars on the next event. I just hope I can figure out what trans to put back in my car and get the tuning finished. Had a misfire issue we still need to figure out, but I figure its just the stock coil packs that aren't cutting it anymore now that I am able to put more fuel into the cylinder.

so is the awd class still going to be in effect tommorrow

Audi2ptzero
04-04-2009, 05:51 PM
I am sure it will be if there are enough AWD cars.

spooolin4g63
04-04-2009, 09:10 PM
I am sure it will be if there are enough AWD cars.

ok ill be there either way

PAT@FFTEC
04-05-2009, 08:48 AM
so whose going...? whats the deal pat....pet.....?

Sorry man looks like you gotta rep the shop for us as none of us will be making the trip either.

Good thing i made it out on sat for TNT (i'll make a post about it today)

Best of luck today let us know how things went w/ the AWD class if it happens but also just the race in general!

I am too gonna be a no show clutch lines still blown and we couldn't get the parts shipped in time so unless theres a miracle somehow today I won't be able to make it.

That really sux Chris haven't you guys been waiting a while for that part to come in???

Mike i was wondering wtf happened to you as i was expecting to see you there yesterday for some testing and when i didn't even see you or your car i had a bad feeling in stomach and i told our fab guy "i sure hope mike didn't break anything..."

Guess i don't feel so bad knowing it was an exhausted trans w/ 8 years of beat-down on it lol.

The mis-fire thing is def annoying as we too ran into that yesterday along with other issues that held us back a bit (i'll link the thread to you when i post it after a cup of coffee)

What kinda gaps do you run on your plugs?

Did you ever have the issue when runnign the VP Q16?

If anything that's my only gripe about running the fuel we do vs E85 is having to go through plugs so often :icon_rolleyes:

Audi2ptzero
04-05-2009, 09:40 AM
Mike i was wondering wtf happened to you as i was expecting to see you there yesterday for some testing and when i didn't even see you or your car i had a bad feeling in stomach and i told our fab guy "i sure hope mike didn't break anything..."

Guess i don't feel so bad knowing it was an exhausted trans w/ 8 years of beat-down on it lol.

The mis-fire thing is def annoying as we too ran into that yesterday along with other issues that held us back a bit (i'll link the thread to you when i post it after a cup of coffee)

What kinda gaps do you run on your plugs?

Did you ever have the issue when runnign the VP Q16?

If anything that's my only gripe about running the fuel we do vs E85 is having to go through plugs so often :icon_rolleyes:

I run Bosch F6DTC tri plugs, so they are pre-gapped already. Been running those plugs for years with no issues and its the plugs that 034 runs in their cars even on the race car that pushes 45psi with the GT45r making 850whp.

This was just on the 110 fuel. We even pulled the plugs and they were perfectly fine. Put in a new set and the car still misfired. Changed the coil packs to another set of OEM Hitachi/Beru coil packs and it still misfired. So we think there just isn't enough spark so I will most likely be changing to a Waste spark coil setup, Javad at 034 is still suprised we were able to make 630awhp last time with the OEM coils.

MeeH LuCky IX
04-05-2009, 12:28 PM
Yea the order was placed a while back but the communitcation between Quarter Master and MAP was off QM didn't tell anyone that the parts were on backorder for quite some time than when they finally shipped they got shipped ground service instead of next day air the parts are due in either tommorow or tuesday for sure, it was a complete mess very disappointed. But at least now we'll have the parts in and more time to get the car dialed in with a brand new tune than i'll hit a wenesday night drags after it's ready to go to try and hit the ET goal and then move onto the next stages of the build.

BTW hats off to Adam of MAP for doing all he can to help us out! : )

Audi2ptzero
04-06-2009, 04:49 PM
Well it looks like they ended up having the AWD bracket class on sunday since there weren't enough fast AWD cars. An NA S4 running 14's took 1st place. Thats just said that it was running 14's when the car should run 12-13's even if is a automatic.

PAT@FFTEC
04-06-2009, 05:10 PM
Well it looks like they ended up having the AWD bracket class on sunday since there weren't enough fast AWD cars. An NA S4 running 14's took 1st place. Thats just said that it was running 14's when the car should run 12-13's even if is a automatic.
Bet it was pretty darn consistant though:cheesy:

Audi2ptzero
04-06-2009, 05:50 PM
Bet it was pretty darn consistant though:cheesy:
LOL, yeah so was mine when I was runing mid 14's all day long but that was 8 years ago. I just expected something better then a 14.5 dial in for a 4.2 liter V8.

Funny thing is, I have dropped about 6 seconds off the 1/4 time of what the A4 runs stock. LOL

spooolin4g63
05-28-2009, 11:56 PM
anyone racing this weekend, im going to race tommorrow night, might race saturday

Audi2ptzero
05-29-2009, 07:30 AM
I hope to be there on Saturday for the event. Right now I am out in Fremont at 034 and they are working on the car to see if they can figure out the misfire issue.

spooolin4g63
05-29-2009, 10:39 AM
I hope to be there on Saturday for the event. Right now I am out in Fremont at 034 and they are working on the car to see if they can figure out the misfire issue.

Hopefully you figure it out, we need more cars out there so we can get this class going

Anyone else going?

spooolin4g63
05-30-2009, 01:24 AM
well today wasn't my day, chp fucked me over in fairfield

RREVOVIII
05-30-2009, 10:14 AM

what happen? :icon_sad:

Audi2ptzero
05-30-2009, 10:36 AM
Well I wont be making it to the event because my misfire issue looks to be a failed valve spring.

spooolin4g63
05-30-2009, 12:35 PM
what happen? :icon_sad:

got popped and had some :stoned:

PAT@FFTEC
05-30-2009, 01:02 PM
Well I wont be making it to the event because my misfire issue looks to be a failed valve spring.
Glad you finally figured out the problem Mike we too won't be out as the cars are not quite ready for competition.

got popped and had some :stoned:
WTF!!!

Damn that sux man :icon_sad:

Did they phuk with you about the car?

spooolin4g63
05-30-2009, 01:31 PM
Glad you finally figured out the problem Mike we too won't be out as the cars are not quite ready for competition.

WTF!!!

Damn that sux man :icon_sad:

Did they phuk with you about the car?

yeah he came up and said thats a nice exhaust you got there, he says so where we going street racing tonight, i told him im going to sac raceway, then he says come outside and pop your hood, he looks at it say where are you can cams, i tell him their right there, he asks me why are they covered, i tell him why would i have them uncovered he says i figure that they would be changed out, then he starts about the intake, he tells me thats a nice n20 line you got running to your intake, i tell him dude its a vacuum line running from the valve cover to the intake, then he asked me about the t-clamps, i tell him they are just better clamps than factory, then he makes me turn the car on rev the engine up, then he tells me its loud but not that loud, then he sticks his head in the window looks around, then he said he smelt some dank, he tells me give it up before i pull the dog out and arrest you.....so that was my afternoon yesterday

PAT@FFTEC
05-30-2009, 01:53 PM
yeah he came up and said thats a nice exhaust you got there, he says so where we going street racing tonight, i told him im going to sac raceway, then he says come outside and pop your hood, he looks at it say where are you can cams, i tell him their right there, he asks me why are they covered, i tell him why would i have them uncovered he says i figure that they would be changed out, then he starts about the intake, he tells me thats a nice n20 line you got running to your intake, i tell him dude its a vacuum line running from the valve cover to the intake, then he asked me about the t-clamps, i tell him they are just better clamps than factory, then he makes me turn the car on rev the engine up, then he tells me its loud but not that loud, then he sticks his head in the window looks around, then he said he smelt some dank, he tells me give it up before i pull the dog out and arrest you.....so that was my afternoon yesterday
DAMN!

Real sorry to hear about all that!

Did he end up giving you a ticket?

spooolin4g63
05-30-2009, 02:36 PM
DAMN!

Real sorry to hear about all that!

Did he end up giving you a ticket?

cell phone ticket, loud exhaust (no ref, thanks god), possesion on less than an oz...im going to fight it....so hopefully i can win something

RREVOVIII
05-30-2009, 03:22 PM

that sucks....

GsxEcutioner
05-31-2009, 11:20 AM

Last CMI I got caught in Fairfield by CHP for tail gating my boy on the freeway........

GsxEcutioner
05-31-2009, 11:21 AM

Cop asked me same thing when I got pulled over, I told him Sac Raceway as well. He didnt give a SH!T -_-.

aaevol9
05-31-2009, 05:14 PM
thats just the punk a@@ police for u....they getta kick outa f'n with u