PDA

View Full Version : Hayward & Scott Exhaust review

chrisw
04-18-2005, 02:17 PM
flugking restricted words... :roll:

Just installed my new H&S exhaust.

Have not had too much time behind the wheel yet, but you can really feel the torque on the low end... In a word, no bogging allowed... The sound is nice, with the stock cat, it is hardly louder than stock with no droning on the highway, although I have not kept it at highways speeds for very long yet. I have heard the system with the cat delete pipe, and even then, it's not too loud (still very quite compared to my old v 1 shnu system)

The fit is perfect and totally modular with the stock system. I currently have the setup using the stock CAT.

This system is a 3" DP leading into a 2.5" system. the quality of the product is amazing. I can easily see why this system comes with a 25 year warrentee. I bought mine used, and unlike the v i shnu system I 1replaced, the H&S has absoultely no signs of corrosion anywere on the system. No discoleration, no nothing... the quality of the materials is top notch.

can't wait to try it in anger... :twisted:

vtluu
04-18-2005, 02:57 PM
Heh, Joe and Navid had a full custom H&S header-back exhaust on their Evo. How's that saying go, "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?" ;)

chrisw
04-18-2005, 04:41 PM
Heh, Joe and Navid had a full custom H&S header-back exhaust on their Evo. How's that saying go, "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?" ;)

yes, as you should know (mr lets copy my suspension setup )

:lol:

MR Bye-Bye
05-08-2005, 10:12 AM
Whre are those sustems available & will the dp work on an '50?
Thanx for any info,
RAW

Takashi
06-22-2005, 11:36 AM
good question, do you know where we can get this exhaust?

thanks
greg

SouthernCrane
06-22-2005, 12:22 PM
I have heard the system with the cat delete pipe, and even then, it's not too loud (still very quite compared to my old v 1 shnu system)

wow, that's pretty good. I had the signature series catback from v 1 shnu, and it was very quiet I thought. I only had the catback though, not TB with cat delete.

chrisw
06-22-2005, 12:34 PM
I have heard the system with the cat delete pipe, and even then, it's not too loud (still very quite compared to my old v 1 shnu system)

wow, that's pretty good. I had the signature series catback from v 1 shnu, and it was very quiet I thought. I only had the catback though, not TB with cat delete.

The exhaust is measured at 97db using the cat delete pipe. Other than the smell, I feel comfortable driving around town with it.

http://www.haywardandscott.com