PDA

View Full Version : SoCalEvo/NorCalEvo Track Day @ Streets of Willow

JanSolo
02-13-2004, 01:17 AM
According to this topic (http://www.socalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1016&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0), the guys at SoCalEvo are planning a track day at Streets of Willow.

A couple things to note.

1. I don't believe there is a firm date in place.
2. They want a total of at least 25 people and they are already well on their way to hit their target. They currently have seven openings and are filling quickly.
3. Instruction will be offered, so if this is your first time or if you are just looking to brush up on your skills, this would be the perfect event for you.
4. They are trying to make this event exclusive to Evos.
5. Pricing has not been set, but it should be reasonable. If you decide to get an instructor, there may be additional fees on top of the track entry prices.

If you would like more information on Streets of Willow, please visit their web site (http://www.willowspringsraceway.com/home/home.asp).

Here is a map of the track:

http://www.willowspringsraceway.com/trackinformation/images/StreetLg.gif

GokuSSJ4
02-13-2004, 01:36 AM
can you post the complete address ?
Since i want to know how far it is from Santa Monica ..

JanSolo
02-13-2004, 01:49 AM
You are so lazy. ;)

I found a page on their web site with driving directions.

Check it out here! (http://www.willowspringsraceway.com/visitorinformation/directions.asp)

GokuSSJ4
02-13-2004, 01:59 AM
thansk , wow that near !!!! i know were pamdale is at , i use to race there all the time (1/4 mile drag ))
this track to me is a must hehe
so near home compare to thunderhill ...

evo_dadi
02-16-2004, 11:08 PM
you guys should post up on this also if you're interested on taking a convoy going to socal.i already listed in behalf of our site so sign on :)

Kaisho99
02-19-2004, 09:23 AM
Bump!

There is new info:

Uh oh I sense some information leakage coming! Ok, so as Mark has already posted, we will head up the evening before the track day event. We will most likely leave AFTER "normal" work hours so that people will not have to take 2 days off! Once we are all up there (SOW is only about 1 1/2 hours from LA) Once everyone is up there, we will tech the cars and have classroom activities as well as handle the drivers meeting, wwith the track rules, flags, passing rules etc... Food and a keg of beer will be provided for the hungry and THIRSTY EVO owners!! The next day will start with the van laps so everyone can see the track and the lines. Instruction will be starting at this point. The rest has been posted, but we will hammer out the details of run group size/frequency when Mark and I meet with the instructors. We will set up the run groups initially according to track experience to decrease the ammount of traffic and have more organized run groups. As I posted before, the event will happen on a week day, most likely a wednesday or a thursday depending on availability. I realize that it would be nice to have it on a weekend day, but it's impossible unfortunately, and Mark and I are in the same boat as most of you as far as getting days off. Call in sick if you have to, because you will regret it if you miss this one! Initial pricing has been set at...drum roll please...

$250 per driver!!

INCLUDED IN THE $250:
-A solid full day of track time at SOW (and all the things that come with it...insurance, rescue crew, tow truck, etc...)
-Top notch, professional instruction, classroom the night before and ALL DAY ON THE TRACK!
-FREE DINNER AND BEER the night before the event! (sorry BEVO, I don't condone underage drinking hahahaha your'e HAZED!!!!!!) As well as free breakfast the morning of the event.

***special group rate of $65 has been secured for the hotel for those wanting to stay there***

List of instructors so far:
-John "Otto" Williamson-professional driver/instructor
-7 of Otto's hand picked competitor/protege's that all have professional racing experience
-Neil Chirico-Senior road test editor for Motor Trend magazine-look at his job title, he gets paid to drive cars that we dream about driving faster than we dream about driving them!
-John Mueller from RRE-Do I have to say anything? DSM/EVO tuning LEGEND and RRE suspension GOD!!

Stay tuned, and fill that list!! BTW I haven't received any PM's with any questions...if you have them PLEASE ASK AWAY!
-Rich

There are only 3 spots left currently...chop chop!!

wilson1
02-19-2004, 12:00 PM
Any dates yet!

I will love to go, anyone from Norcal going?

Ricardon
03-01-2004, 12:53 AM
Damn sorry that I haven't been checking this site, but I just posted a thread with all current info in the motorsports forum here: http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=526 This has all the details we have so far. Check the EOC site, but don't laugh it's my very first website hehehe. www.evolutionownersclub.com The "What we do" page pretty much breaks down our intentions with this club! Availability has been increased to 30 and we have 5 spots open as of right now, but I'm sure there will be some cancellations.
-Rich

GokuSSJ4
03-01-2004, 01:07 PM
let see how many Norcal Folks can come down to SOW .....
its a must event with instructors ..
dates have been posted already...

wilson1
03-01-2004, 04:23 PM
Oh man, why can't it be on friday. :cry:

It's going to one fun event though.

Ricardon
03-01-2004, 09:42 PM
Oh man, why can't it be on friday. :cry:

It's going to one fun event though.

Your'e damn right it's gonna be one fun event!!! hehehe I wish that we could have set it up for a Friday, I really do, but we could'nt. You should come anyway. Get violently sick at work on wednesday afternoon, and call in sick the next morning from the track! I'm serious...I've done it!! Just make sure you go to the bathroom to do it because there's no worse deal braker than having a 500hp car come down the straight while your'e giving an oscar winning "I'm sick" performance on your cel phone with your boss! Kind of a deal breaker hehehe. Sign up Wilson1 !!!