PDA

View Full Version : Tunning ?

WWEVOVIII
04-05-2009, 08:07 PM
where would be a good place to get your car tunned ? i had it tunned before but i need to get it retuned its been almost 4 years now lol. im not plan on spending too much money by the way :(

mods : 264 cams, turbo back, boost control, injectors, and i guess thats it LOL

chefnevo
04-05-2009, 08:27 PM
GST or FFTEC

spooolin4g63
04-05-2009, 08:30 PM
FFTEC:werd:

RREVOVIII
04-05-2009, 08:51 PM
what have you added to it since the last tune? power mod wise...

WWEVOVIII
04-06-2009, 12:09 AM
i haven't add anything since then :) should i add one little thing then go for a tune ?

1SloEvo
04-06-2009, 05:45 AM
no...if you haven't added anything, then your tune should still be perfectly fine. contact GST and I'm sure Bryan will check everything over for you. if it needs some "clean-up" work, then he'll take care of it.

PAT@FFTEC
04-06-2009, 08:23 AM
no...if you haven't added anything, then your tune should still be perfectly fine. contact GST and I'm sure Bryan will check everything over for you. if it needs some "clean-up" work, then he'll take care of it.
If it was initially tuned by Bryan i'm sure he'd help ya out as best he can.

However if you do need any assistance feel free to call our shop FULL FUNCTION (510)475-5855 and speak with Ernesto and he will get your info and pass it on to Sean.

WWEVOVIII
04-06-2009, 11:13 AM
thanks guys,

Kasaper
04-30-2009, 07:13 PM
Full Function in Union City seems to be getting some freaky semi-stock tuned EVO's. Meaning the cars are making sick (high horsepower and even higher torque) than normal. I was kind of jealous on some of these stock looking cars making 360+ on a stock 9 turbo!! :icon_drivingskid:

WWEVOVIII
04-30-2009, 09:46 PM
cool but im learning how to tune my own car now, you know you gotta start at some point and in the close future you become that pro tuner ;)

Kasaper
04-30-2009, 10:02 PM
Welcome, future EVO tuner!! Always good to see someone take the initiative in tuning his own. More power to ya!!! :icon_drivingskid:

WWEVOVIII
04-30-2009, 10:04 PM
haha, I believe in messing up a few times but instead you learn, so why not :)

Kasaper
04-30-2009, 10:10 PM
Damn that was a quick post!!! You got to have that failure is not an option attitude dude. You keep on trying until you learn what works!! Goodluck!!:icon_drivingskid:

WWEVOVIII
04-30-2009, 10:18 PM
right, so far its been working so I hope it remains the same :)

Kings Fan
04-30-2009, 10:20 PM
^there's some really valuable reading you can pick on the ecuflash forum on evom.net ... let me know if I can point you in the right direction

WWEVOVIII
04-30-2009, 10:31 PM
Kings Fan,
I did go over those and they are extremely helpful and im trying to learn more and more Its not hard whatsoever :)

Kings Fan
04-30-2009, 10:37 PM
^yeah its not too bad tuning with the stock ECU... I'm assuming you're using ecuflash? I'm planning on getting a wideband real soon and will be doing the same.

WWEVOVIII
04-30-2009, 10:45 PM
yeah, im trying to learn as much as possible, yeah man keep trying and good luck ;)

marq
04-30-2009, 10:59 PM
You have a 2003..therefore you can run DSMLINK. Go to ECMTUNING.com for more info.

WWEVOVIII
04-30-2009, 11:04 PM
thanks, is it free to open an account ?

earlyapex aka jack ass
04-30-2009, 11:30 PM
You have a 2003..therefore you can run DSMLINK. Go to ECMTUNING.com for more info.

Why on earth would you want to run DSMLINK when there is EcuFlash? The only advantage I can imagine is possibly faster logging.

EcuFlash is much much much cheaper, you can use the ECU that came with the car, there are a great amount of modifications and extensions available for it, complete knock control, etc etc etc.

WWEVOVIII
04-30-2009, 11:36 PM
yeah thats what I thought, Thanks Bryan

marq
05-01-2009, 10:39 AM
Why on earth would you want to run DSMLINK when there is EcuFlash? The only advantage I can imagine is possibly faster logging.

EcuFlash is much much much cheaper, you can use the ECU that came with the car, there are a great amount of modifications and extensions available for it, complete knock control, etc etc etc.

Would someone be able to grab a laptop and tune themselves for free every time without having to go to a shop? Or is EcuFlash something where one would have to pay a shop $500-900 everytime they need a tune? Cheaper? How much cheaper? ECMtuning is about to release DSM Lite which lets you account for upgraded injectors, log, adjust fuel every 250rpm increment, and other options...except for the really deep tuning options. And the price tag is going to be around $249. I know you probably have an account on DSMTuners, so you probably already know that by now. Im all for someone to DIY when it comes to installs and tuning. Not to take away business from you because we all know you do great tuning across the board, but I know you understand my DSM DIY point of view.

earlyapex aka jack ass
05-01-2009, 10:45 AM
Would someone be able to grab a laptop and tune themselves for free every time without having to go to a shop? Or is EcuFlash something where one would have to pay a shop $500-900 everytime they need a tune? Cheaper? How much cheaper? ECMtuning is about to release DSM Lite which lets you account for upgraded injectors, log, adjust fuel every 250rpm increment, and other options...except for the really deep tuning options. And the price tag is going to be around $249. I know you probably have an account on DSMTuners, so you probably already know that by now. Im all for someone to DIY when it comes to installs and tuning. Not to take away business from you because we all know you do great tuning across the board, but I know you understand my DSM DIY point of view.

Yes, EcuFlash the software itself is *free*. The DIY tuner would then need a flash cable $169 and logging software, mitsulogger is free, EvoScan is $25.

So very much yes, anyone with a laptop and the ability to tune their own car can do it for much less than DSMLink.

I do understand your DSM point of view as I come from the same background. I've owned as many DSM's as fingers on my hand.

However EcuFlash is currently the cheapest and also the most powerful tuning solution for the stock Evo ECU.

DSMlink works great for the DSM's, a Evo is not a DSM. :)

Kings Fan
05-01-2009, 11:03 AM

You might be thinking of EcuTek, which charges you a licencing fee of $500 bones when you first flash it to your ECU. EcuFlash is free... check out openecu.org for more info.

marq
05-01-2009, 11:46 AM
Thanks for the info guys. Just know someone with dsmlink on their evo 8 and am impressed with the crossover. But you can't beat the price of EcuFlash if that is the price. So now I know, and knowing is half the battle. ; )

Kings Fan
05-01-2009, 12:43 PM
^ G.I. Joe!!!!

Nicoya10
08-31-2009, 08:18 AM
guess the geek in me is going to try this!! Thanks for the info ya.