PDA

View Full Version : Cops crack down on modified Cars!

aaevol9
04-11-2009, 09:24 PM
We all know California's hurting for money big time right now so be carefull guys...these so called crack downs are going to be moving all the way up and down cali!

http://www.fox5sandiego.com/pages/landing_latest_news/?Cops-Crack-Down-On-Street-Racers=1&blockID=259725&feedID=2145

RREVOVIII
04-11-2009, 10:44 PM
so this is why i been seeing alot of CHP's on Patrol, good thing that i got rid of my loud exhaust so no more worries about getting tailed :)

uhoh_evo
04-11-2009, 11:29 PM
i thought it was going to be fair to "crackdown" on street racing, but then thay said "owners of race carrs will be...". that's ghey. but my car will never be a "race car". it will always be my street car (that i may race on a track from time to time). will that hold up in a court of law? haha

RREVOVIII
04-12-2009, 12:35 AM
i thought it was going to be fair to "crackdown" on street racing, but then thay said "owners of race carrs will be...". that's ghey. but my car will never be a "race car". it will always be my street car (that i may race on a track from time to time). will that hold up in a court of law? hahalol, as long as you dont get caught driving on street with any illegal mods. Just keep the mods stealth as possible :icon_wink:

WWEVOVIII
04-12-2009, 02:24 AM
I just put my Loud exhaust back on lol and I should be worry about it lol

RREVOVIII
04-12-2009, 08:54 AM
I just put my Loud exhaust back on lol and I should be worry about it lol
lol :owned:

marq
04-12-2009, 09:43 AM
They are ghey down in SD. "Last week, Alexandria Drake, of Chula Vista, was killed in a car accident on Highway 67 in Ramona. The 25 year old mother was driving with her baby in a car seat in the back of the car. Witnesses told police that her car was side swiped by a Jaguar that went out of control during a street race. Drake died in the crash. Her baby survived." How about not selling Jaguars then? How about not selling guns then? Guns kill more people than street racing right? I think this is mainly down in so cal. LA was hit hard by the import car gestapo some years ago, and now SD is following their lead. I think we'll be super in trouble once norcal cities decide to also crush modified import cars. Then we'll definitely have to keep our engine bay stock looking. How about one huge heat shield over the whole engine bay?! lol! I'm from LA and I miss home, but f*ck that whole anti street car mentalilty they're trying to push.

VIII
04-12-2009, 10:10 AM
crap that sux. my exhaust is too loud...i needa toss the silencer on now...i have no carb numbers on anything. *SIGH*

DPC15
04-12-2009, 10:40 AM
This sucks. Good thing all my mods are ninja mods. No bling bling under my hood. I do need a resonator to tone the exhaust down a little.

aaevol9
04-12-2009, 12:43 PM
this all sounds like a waste of a half a million dollars if u ask me..its gonna get to the point where the state is going to fund every county in the state of california for operations like this...pretty stupid if you ask me because the whole reason for emissions laws was to keep the air quality clean, now the cops could care less about how dirty the air is they would rather crush ur car rather than get the air clean!

GsxEcutioner
04-12-2009, 03:34 PM
diu hai lol...........mmmm so if we drive a car with a muffler we can get arrested?

RREVOVIII
04-12-2009, 04:07 PM
diu hai lol...........mmmm so if we drive a car with a muffler we can get arrested?
if its over the DB limit they will give you a ticket, and your going to the State Ref. but if they found that your not running any cat, your car will be impounded.

GsxEcutioner
04-12-2009, 04:30 PM
i got ebay cat lol

aaevol9
04-12-2009, 05:26 PM
supposedly cops now have the ability to send u the state ref on pure suspicion...I know a buddy down south who got sent to the state ref because the cop thought that his carb legal intake was a janky intake wit a fake carb sticker on it and that was all he had on his car. So he had wait for the court papers to come in which took 4 weeks and then make an apt with the ref, and during that whole time he was not allowed to drive his car on public roads. B.S. if you ask me!

aaevol9
04-12-2009, 05:28 PM
and by the way the cop has the option to impound ur car at anytime if he feels that there is any part of ur car that has been illegally modified.

onesicstar
04-12-2009, 06:25 PM
f*** i just put my down pipe and ti cat back back on but i think ima put the stock stuff on cause i cant go to state ref...imdriving the car alot more now

Mr Evo
04-12-2009, 07:31 PM
F*** the Police

VIII
04-12-2009, 07:57 PM
dam..impound sounds scary...shitz. tbe ftl now since cops r being ghey!

warpspeed
04-12-2009, 08:15 PM
Not to worry guys......that is if you don't have anything illegal under the hood. They will only crush cars if they find out that the vin # doesn't match and if you have illegal/stolen parts. Same story old news to me.

aaevol9
04-12-2009, 08:52 PM
F*** the Police
:werd:thats what im talkin bout!

WWEVOVIII
04-12-2009, 10:16 PM
Im worried about my gauges zentronix and boost gauge thats all LOL. plus ofcourse my TBE LOL

Huys evo
04-12-2009, 11:21 PM
man...cops dont know what they are looking at half the time. i have a coworker that got pulled over in west sacramento in his RSX and said that he had a prelude swap and the cop said that he has seen that swap all the time. when he took his car to the ref station the guys laugh and said the cops are dumb.
half the time the people that street race are not the ones with modded cars that i see. it is the high end cars like jags, bmw, and benz that there parents bought them.

aaevol9
04-13-2009, 12:52 AM
this is what happened to a guy from socalevo:
__________________________________________________ ____________
So A Jaguar (presumably stock) kills someone racing and they start pulling over cars that look modified...did I miss something?

Last week I got pulled over, had 6 guns pulled on me, told if I moved an inch I would get a "God damn hole in your head", pulled from the car, cuffed, "Put" on the blacktop, and cursed at with such force that I had spit in my face, then received a ticket for tint, ride height, and emissions.

No speeding, no running from an officer, no running a red light, illegal turn, etc.

Oh and I'm a 37 year old caucasian male with business cards showing that I am a Regional Claims Manager for an insurance company so it wasn't about how I looked or how I acted. I was forced to sit on the curb after being picked up from the blacktop while each cop took turns taunting me, calling me names, threatening to crush my car, telling me that I wouldn't be seeing my daughter for a while, and basically acting out every law enforcement stereotype possible while I froze my ass off on the curb.

My car was searched, torn apart, and basically left in complete disarray. They were unable to explain why I received either the emissions or ride height ticket, instead choosing to use words like "obviously illegal" though not one of them could point out anything other than my Carb legal intake.

Viva la Democracy

WWEVOVIII
04-13-2009, 02:58 AM
OMG he was an evo owner ? thats so scary wooooooooooow

aaevol9
04-13-2009, 12:08 PM
yep tarmac black evo 9

WWEVOVIII
04-13-2009, 12:21 PM
so its pretty much, no matter what they will pull you over and your officially F......ed :(.

VIII
04-13-2009, 04:30 PM
dawm that hella sux. that reminds me, a friend of mine got pulled over for his air/fuel gauge...i didnt know that was illegal. i think its time i go back to stock intake and exhaust for a bit...lol cops r being fags these days.

WWEVOVIII
04-13-2009, 04:47 PM
I know I have a loud exhaust on lol I need to do something with it lol

aaevol9
04-14-2009, 12:37 AM
dawm that hella sux. that reminds me, a friend of mine got pulled over for his air/fuel gauge...i didnt know that was illegal. i think its time i go back to stock intake and exhaust for a bit...lol cops r being fags these days.
the air fuel gauge is not an illegal mod, but if a cop sees it he can pull u over for suspicion and look under the hood, hell to these stupid cops now a days driving a friggen evo is probable cause it seems like:angry:

WWEVOVIII
04-14-2009, 01:08 AM
I know that sucks so what about if you have a zentronix ? lol or safc ? hehe

mrevo8
04-14-2009, 01:38 PM
"all the driver has to do is push these buttons, and on these gauges it will turn it from a regular car into a street racing mobile, making it very dangerous for the driver, and for the rest of us" LOL its a fucking type-r integra HAHAHAHAH :icon_lol:

aaevol9
04-14-2009, 02:18 PM
"all the driver has to do is push these buttons, and on these gauges it will turn it from a regular car into a street racing mobile, making it very dangerous for the driver, and for the rest of us" LOL its a fucking type-r integra HAHAHAHAH :icon_lol:
lol i know, i wanted to reach in the screen and slap the shit out of that dude after he said that:icon_userfriendly:

mrevo8
04-14-2009, 03:15 PM
lol i know, i wanted to reach in the screen and slap the shit out of that dude after he said that:icon_userfriendly:

also, Ha said the intake brings air AND exhaust into the vehicle!!! LOL he knows everything about cars!!!, THE MORE I WATCH IT THE MORE I HATE IT! i wonder wat comes out of that car then...:icon_lol:

WWEVOVIII
04-14-2009, 04:13 PM
hahahaha, your right, ey I heared that even in bay area they crash cars, I was wondering to see in what case they crash the car ? for example if they see an exhaust is that going to be a fixing or what ? thats all I have showing and I already got pulled over once before and put the stock one on and now again i put my after market back on loooooool ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE

aaevol9
04-14-2009, 04:42 PM
well having a cat back exhaust is not illegal..it just has to be under 95db limit which most of the time u can challenge them wit the old, do u have a decibel meter on you then!?

RREVOVIII
04-14-2009, 05:00 PM
+1 lol same here :icon_biggrin:

WWEVOVIII
04-14-2009, 05:21 PM
no I dont, but I have the Buschar exhast actually its a turbo back lol but is there is a way that I can keep it maybe put the stock cat on ? lol just the cat tho

aaevol9
04-14-2009, 06:17 PM
no I dont, but I have the Buschar exhast actually its a turbo back lol but is there is a way that I can keep it maybe put the stock cat on ? lol just the cat tho
of course...it will quiet down the exhaust alot, the only downside of course is a decrease in air flow and increase in back pressure.

WWEVOVIII
04-14-2009, 06:35 PM
so how would you compare that to stock exhaust ? if its gonna be better then you know I guess ill keep it that way, alteast its gonna be more quiet plus it will be legal because i have my catback right ? or no im better off putting my whole stock crab back on again ?

RREVOVIII
04-14-2009, 06:39 PM
just dont forget, not to beat on it yet untill you pulled a few degree's of Timing on it, otherwise your car will knock like crazy ;)

aaevol9
04-14-2009, 06:44 PM
so how would you compare that to stock exhaust ? if its gonna be better then you know I guess ill keep it that way, alteast its gonna be more quiet plus it will be legal because i have my catback right ? or no im better off putting my whole stock crab back on again ?
yea I would keep the buschur catback on, the stocker does def suck..if ur worried about being legal just put the cat on and ul be fine.

WWEVOVIII
04-14-2009, 06:51 PM
yeah Ima take my car to muffler shop tomorrow and just have them take out the cat from the buschar and put the stock on instead. so that way hopefully it will be more quiet lol. thank you very much for your help sir. i took off my boost gauge and Im plan on taking off my zeintronix and possibly SAFCII as well LOL. the im gonna left off with nothing LOL

RREVOVIII
04-14-2009, 07:28 PM
yeah Ima take my car to muffler shop tomorrow and just have them take out the cat from the buschar and put the stock on instead. so that way hopefully it will be more quiet lol. thank you very much for your help sir. i took off my boost gauge and Im plan on taking off my zeintronix and possibly SAFCII as well LOL. the im gonna left off with nothing LOL make sure they don't weld your stock cat on your Buschur Catback, just like how you have yours now :icon_wink:

WWEVOVIII
04-14-2009, 07:59 PM
just dont forget, not to beat on it yet untill you pulled a few degree's of Timing on it, otherwise your car will knock like crazy ;)

what do you mean by pulling a few degrees of timing on it ? Jay Please re explain that lol thanks.

and yeah Ill make sure that they are not going to weld my cat to my buschar thanks jay :)

RREVOVIII
04-14-2009, 08:23 PM
what do you mean by pulling a few degrees of timing on it ? Jay Please re explain that lol thanks.
you need to detune the car, cause less air flowing out, your motor cannot run the same Timing as it does on a free flowing exhaust :icon_wink: So dont floor it until timing was reduced....

WWEVOVIII
04-14-2009, 10:09 PM
you need to detune the car, cause less air flowing out, your motor cannot run the same Timing as it does on a free flowing exhaust :icon_wink: So dont floor it until timing was reduced....

oh ok then im not gonna floor it but how can i detune or how can i fix the issue ? lol

aaevol9
04-14-2009, 11:40 PM
pretty much ur gonna have to get a retune with ur cat on.

WWEVOVIII
04-14-2009, 11:42 PM
oh shoot forget that i would rather not to floor it rather than spend $400 plus for loosing power LOOOOOOOOOOL, but thanks a lot Jay and aaevol9 for all your help guys.

aaevol9
04-14-2009, 11:46 PM
no problem:thumbsup:

RREVOVIII
04-15-2009, 06:30 AM
oh ok then im not gonna floor it but how can i detune or how can i fix the issue ? lol once you get your cat on let me know, ill do it for you and show you the basic, so do not remove any of your gauges yet cause we need those :icon_wink:

WWEVOVIII
04-15-2009, 10:35 AM
Jay your my hero :)

RREVOVIII
04-15-2009, 11:38 AM
Jay your my hero :)

lol,
Posted from my mobile device

evotechIX
04-15-2009, 07:44 PM
dam..impound sounds scary...shitz. tbe ftl now since cops r being ghey!

i dont blame you bro. my shit got impounded for the dumbest reasons ever... <:owned:

i wasnt even racing and he said he heard my car CHIRP and said was racing. BULLSH*T!!! and he said that its illegal to have the license plate on the left. damn cops... $1500 to get my baby out the impound...

*sigh, how that money coulda gone to my car. lolz

GsxEcutioner
04-15-2009, 07:45 PM
wait license plates come stock on the left.

WWEVOVIII
04-15-2009, 07:52 PM
Exactly it comes stock on the left LOL, plus You should be able to fight it off, they cant just do what ever they want dont you think ?

RREVOVIII
04-15-2009, 07:52 PM
i dont blame you bro. my shit got impounded for the dumbest reasons ever... <:owned:

i wasnt even racing and he said he heard my car CHIRP and said was racing. BULLSH*T!!! and he said that its illegal to have the license plate on the left. damn cops... $1500 to get my baby out the impound...

*sigh, how that money coulda gone to my car. lolz

sorry to hear that this happen to you, but yeah this can happen to anyone and endup spending thousands just for their stupidity.....

mrevo8
04-16-2009, 09:34 AM
Exactly it comes stock on the left LOL, plus You should be able to fight it off, they cant just do what ever they want dont you think ?

ok now a days cops do what they please society if fucked up becasue of stupid and or bad cops its sad to say but its the truth. i hate dealing with them, i have been cussed at by cops repeatedly, is that always suppose to happen?!?! to be so rude liek that?!?!?!? i just cant take it . liek that guy who snapped and capped like 3 cops or something. who knows maybe he did society a favor or maybe good cops died.

GsxEcutioner
04-16-2009, 02:07 PM
ok now a days cops do what they please society if fucked up becasue of stupid and or bad cops its sad to say but its the truth. i hate dealing with them, i have been cussed at by cops repeatedly, is that always suppose to happen?!?! to be so rude liek that?!?!?!? i just cant take it . liek that guy who snapped and capped like 3 cops or something. who knows maybe he did society a favor or maybe good cops died.

Knock on wood yo, I always see it as Dont wish Death upon Nobody
-shane

WWEVOVIII
04-16-2009, 02:11 PM
oh wow, im shocked by hearing all these crazy stories man, well, I guess we just have to keep our cars quiet and keep stock lol, I have to find a solution for my freaking Exhaust its so freaking loud LOL (( Jay where are you ? I dont see you LOOOOOOL ))

aaevol9
04-16-2009, 04:01 PM
u wanna hear some bs? well hear it goes...I was at the airport waiting to pick someone up from an incoming flight when all of the sudden a friggen cop who was stuck there doen traffic duty comes up and asks me why my exhaust sounds so loud..I calmly tell him that I just have a catback exhaust and in the state of california it is perfectly legal to have it as long as its 95db, granted catback at the time was more like catless tbe:icon_wink:...but ne ways the cop tells me to pop my hood and say that if I dont he was gonna send me to the state ref. I pop my hood and the cop has no idea what he was looken at but he was trayen to act like he did, out of all the illegal mods i had under my hood the only thing he could point out was my stock intake manifold:undecided:...I sat there for about 5 mins arguing wit the him about how LeGAL it is...ne ways some guy comes up to the cop and ses that his car was just stolen the cop looks at him stupidly and tells him to go to the air port guest services and file a complaint:jawdrop:He then turned around and continued to give me a rash of crap about my car...after about 10 min he let me go and told me to get my car fixed or I would pay for it, a%& whole!

RREVOVIII
04-16-2009, 04:20 PM
oh wow, im shocked by hearing all these crazy stories man, well, I guess we just have to keep our cars quiet and keep stock lol, I have to find a solution for my freaking Exhaust its so freaking loud LOL (( Jay where are you ? I dont see you LOOOOOOL ))
lol im here, ill pm you in a bit, i got and idea to solve that problem quick :icon_wink:

mrevo8
04-16-2009, 10:50 PM
im not wishing death , i wishing justice and a proper police force

WWEVOVIII
04-16-2009, 10:53 PM
Now I c you Jay looooooooool

fast4me80
04-20-2009, 03:40 PM
Wow this is such crap, yea I know street racing is illegal and can be dangerous, but their is much worse things they could be worrying about... Damn fools. This just reminds me of the night I was pulled over in my 2g eclipse and they told me to open my hood and started saying oh we could write you up for this and that, and this was just a supposed normal stop, I was doing nothing that would resemble racing, then they look in the back and see my nitrous sitting in the back and their eyes got all big. I just let a little smile out because I knew something they did... They kept saying do you have a license to carry nitrous or some B.S. I just laughed my ass off then they started to get kinda pissed and was like what are you laughing at? I told them well what are you going to do about it? They were about to write me up when I finally told them " you are going to write me up for an empty bottle of nitrous huh"? Then I told the officer to come to the back as I had to show him something, so he did then I showed him how the damn thing wasn't even hooked up... Damn fools. I had the line disconnected. Then actually tried to tell me my tires pressure was too low, once again I could do nothing but laugh, as I grab my tire pressure gauge and show them they are infact not. After this I was starting to get pissed so I then asked if I could use their pen real quick and the officer was like why, I told him so I can write you and your partners badge numbers down so I can file a harassment case against them, then everything change real quick. They said well this will be just a warning and I said yea ok, next time you try to pull me over for no reason you better just hand your badge over!

P.S. oh yea let you please try and smash my Evo up... I sware on my life the local office would go up in smoke and flames! don't mess with Iraq vets!

WWEVOVIII
04-20-2009, 04:33 PM
haha crazy stories man, cops are bored these days, because they are too scared to deal with criminals, they would rather hit the donat shop and pull bunch of sexy cars over lol

aaevol9
04-21-2009, 01:53 AM
yea its funny how things change real quick when u ask for that badge number.

MicroImageToyotaVios
05-04-2009, 01:38 PM
You know what I hate? Because you guys (EVO's) have that nice cf wing in the back (along with every other car that comes from the factory with a functional wing), will get harassed by the CHP.

Now, I'm curious, I've been seeing lots of EVO's "wingless", is this the reason to that, or is that just a preference? I'd keep that sucker on if I had an EVO. =D

WWEVOVIII
05-04-2009, 01:52 PM
LOL I just put a gtc-200 on LOL

rpmjoe
05-04-2009, 06:02 PM
I'm wingless for that reason... I had been pull over 6 times with the wing on (one of them I had to go to the REF) VS "0" times wingless (8 months wingless and counting) I KNOW IT LOOKS BAD, but I prefer a bad looking VS a fat ticket. I also have a TBE with the biggest resonator that I could fit... keeps it quiet until I floor it.... A tip with the COPS: just do not show him that you know more that him about CARB(yes they are certified:book1::stoned: they know everything lol...)and answer any questions with a yes or not :ninja: So far it :icon_drivingskid:Is been working for me.

RREVOVIII
05-04-2009, 06:18 PM
same here, with wingless i get less attention than what i used to....

MicroImageToyotaVios
05-04-2009, 07:17 PM
I'm wingless for that reason... I had been pull over 6 times with the wing on (one of them I had to go to the REF) VS "0" times wingless (8 months wingless and counting) I KNOW IT LOOKS BAD, but I prefer a bad looking VS a fat ticket. I also have a TBE with the biggest resonator that I could fit... keeps it quiet until I floor it.... A tip with the COPS: just do not show him that you know more that him about CARB(yes they are certified:book1::stoned: they know everything lol...)and answer any questions with a yes or not :ninja: So far it :icon_drivingskid:Is been working for me.

Holy crap! Why did you have to go to the REF for your wing? Wing stop led to an exhaust ticket?

LOL, I guess that's why the woman who pulled me over in my GTI for "modified exhaust" got her panties in a bunch when I responded "I thought the CVC states that it is legal to modify your exhaust as long as the decibel rating is below 95 dB." She paused (dumbfounded) and said, "Well I'm not pulling you over for the sound, I'm pulling you over because you have a modified exhaust." (WTF?)

I don't think a wingless EVO looks dumb, it just looks more classy (I'm more into sporty than classy). I think a wingless with a JDM EVO IX rear bumper looks pretty sick actually.

MicroImageToyotaVios
05-04-2009, 07:18 PM
same here, with wingless i get less attention than what i used to....

I'm surprised I get attention in my Yaris! Maybe once I remove my front tint, the heat will die down.

WWEVOVIII
05-04-2009, 08:55 PM
so what about me I have a GTC-200 wing LOL so I should every go to san jose lol

RREVOVIII
05-04-2009, 09:18 PM
so what about me I have a GTC-200 wing LOL so I should every go to san jose lol
i think your car should be fine with that wing in it, cause your car looks more like a Show Car to me, plus they cant get you for modified exhaust, because your looks like stock and very quite even on WOT... :icon_drivingskid:

rpmjoe
05-04-2009, 09:45 PM
Holy crap! Why did you have to go to the REF for your wing? Wing stop led to an exhaust ticket?

LOL, I guess that's why the woman who pulled me over in my GTI for "modified exhaust" got her panties in a bunch when I responded "I thought the CVC states that it is legal to modify your exhaust as long as the decibel rating is below 95 dB." She paused (dumbfounded) and said, "Well I'm not pulling you over for the sound, I'm pulling you over because you have a modified exhaust." (WTF?)

I don't think a wingless EVO looks dumb, it just looks more classy (I'm more into sporty than classy). I think a wingless with a JDM EVO IX rear bumper looks pretty sick actually.

I went to the REF for modified air intake,,, and I'm using the AEM street legal with the sticker on it.... when I went to the REF they didn't say s&^$ About my intake.... they said "IT WAS RIGHT"

RREVOVIII
05-04-2009, 09:50 PM
I went to the REF for modified air intake,,, and I'm using the AEM street legal with the sticker on it.... when I went to the REF they didn't say s&^$ About my intake.... they said "IT WAS RIGHT"

thats a waste of time there, sorry to hear that this happen to you.....

MicroImageToyotaVios
05-04-2009, 09:56 PM
Damn, sorry to hear that. That's BS, the cop made you go even tho the intake has a CARB sticker on it?

rpmjoe
05-05-2009, 06:54 PM
Damn, sorry to hear that. That's BS, the cop made you go even tho the intake has a CARB sticker on it?

YES! when I try to argue with the cop he said "ARE YOU GOING TO SHOW ME HOW TO DO MY JOB" :flipoff: that cop.....:icon_axe: but not all cops are a$$ h%^&

evosti
05-05-2009, 07:33 PM
Just got my second state ref ticket for a loud exhaust. Passed a CHP who pulled over someone and apparently they let them go to come get me cause out of fucking no where he pulled me over. Popped my hood and even looked under the car. Needless to say I was informed if I get a third ref ticket I'll be fined. Should of stuck with old school muscle cars but I just had to buy an evo. Fucking gay.

aaevol9
05-05-2009, 08:23 PM
YES! when I try to argue with the cop he said "ARE YOU GOING TO SHOW ME HOW TO DO MY JOB" :flipoff: that cop.....:icon_axe: but not all cops are a$$ h%^&
yea but most of them are!

mrevo8
05-05-2009, 08:54 PM
damn its times like thoes u just wanna be like, "if u knew wtf u were looking for maybe you would actually be doing something right! but then again your a cop and you are on a power trip like the rest of them. stop passing out ref tickets if you dont know what your looking at!" at that point ur ether in hand cuffs or they laughing at you while writing the ticket. hahaha

WWEVOVIII
05-05-2009, 09:08 PM
yea but most of them are!

yeah Agree "MORE THAN (( MOST OF THEM ARE ))" :icon_axe:

sho_evo_209
05-05-2009, 09:17 PM
hey quick side note guys has anyone here been pulled over but with out of state plates..?

MicroImageToyotaVios
05-05-2009, 09:48 PM
I agree, there are only a few cool cops out there.

ithinkyou
05-15-2009, 04:46 PM
Ya know guys readin these bullshit stories has made me decide to actually carry cvc code pertinent to the crap they try to peddle on us, knowing full well they have NO idea what theyre talking about and are just trying to simply profile and intimidate people... for starters:

27150.7. A court may dismiss any action in which a person is
prosecuted for operating a vehicle in violation of Sections 23130 or
23130.5 if it is found that the vehicle was equipped with an exhaust
system certified pursuant to Section 27150.2 and that the defendant
had reasonable grounds to believe that the exhaust system was in good
working order and had reasonable grounds to believe that the vehicle
was not operated in violation of Sections 23130 or 23130.5.i mean, "your exhaust is kinda loud" has been thrown at me so many times its pathetic. They back off when i show them a passing BAR cert for my exhaust. Maybe if i wasted theyre time reciting vehicle code theyre hoping im ignorant to theyll stfu an get lost. If they say im gettin smart, im gonna tell em only because i get profiled simply because of the appearnce or percieved loudness of my car. Its in my wallets best interest to know when i actually need to sign a citation.

I only drive certain places at certain times. But id say the only defense to this crap is car enthusiasts separate themselves from "street racers" by being educated with the laws they love to imply were breaking only because we like to drive a particular car. Rough me up an violate what few rights i have left for not being informed so i might get paid:ninja:

xxx4reggie
05-15-2009, 04:59 PM
where did u go to get that cert?

ithinkyou
05-15-2009, 05:46 PM
it was my only time i got ref'd for noise violation. I made my appointment at los positas in livermore, he was hella cool too. I pull it out everytime, along with my "papers"