PDA

View Full Version : i want one, too

korean
02-14-2004, 12:34 AM
hello everyone. soon, i'll be moving off to college with no car :cry: i'm still young, but the evo is my dream car :o i hope my mom will buy me an evo soon haha. i haven't owned a car, but i've driven for about a year and a half. i'm nowhere near you guys, but i can kart race pretty well. my goal is to autox. i can't wait.

BluEvo
02-14-2004, 01:32 AM
hello everyone. soon, i'll be moving off to college with no car :cry: i'm still young, but the evo is my dream car :o i hope my mom will buy me an evo soon haha. i haven't owned a car, but i've driven for about a year and a half. i'm nowhere near you guys, but i can kart race pretty well. my goal is to autox. i can't wait.

good luck. hope everything works out for u. the Evo is an outstanding choice! 8)

vtluu
02-14-2004, 02:14 AM
I'm not sure I would recommend the Evo as a first car. It's quite powerful and you can get yourself into a lot of trouble with it (ask some people here :wink:) if you're not careful. Certainly I feel more comfortable driving it with a number of years of driving experience under my belt. But maybe you're a better driver than me. Probably. :lol: So good luck & be safe!
:werd:

chris
02-14-2004, 08:32 AM
if you know how to drive stick for that 1yr and a half. then you're set. other than that i say you practice on an old car before getting it. you can handle the car if you know how to drive a manual. im about a 2yr 2month driver when i got my evo. i started off with a stick car when i first got my license =)

vtluu
02-14-2004, 01:31 PM
'Cept for an hour's practice time on my friend's STi, Evo is my first manual tranny car. Soon I'll need a new clutch! :lol:

korean
02-14-2004, 03:56 PM
yeah, i started off driving an auto, but i learned how to drive manual through my friends. with the evo having so much power, i think i would have to get accustomed to it. i've been driving my mom's lexus which has a load of power as well, but it's heavy and it's an ff. one time our lexus had to be repaired so the dealership lent us an is300. i had a lot of fun with that car. the is300 is still only 215hp and considerably heavy. geez, that evo is a marvelous car. you lucky bastards, you.

JanSolo
02-14-2004, 04:04 PM
See if you can make it to one of our meets. You might get a ride in an Evo or if someone is feeling generous, maybe get to drive one.

warpspeed
02-14-2004, 04:08 PM
See if you can make it to one of our meets. You might get a ride in an Evo or if someone is feeling generous, maybe get to drive one.

I don't know about that one. Only been driving for a year and a half. :lol: The Evo is a monster especially a "flashed" one. :wink: But then again, get one of our guys drunk and he'll never know he let someone drive his car. :lol:

korean
02-14-2004, 04:11 PM
jansolo, i remember i was looking at evos online, and i saw your website. i was drooling at your wonderful, red evo and also those videos. haha. i told my friends i was going to steal that car. watch out!
as for making it to the meet, i could have walked to best buys in union city. well, i live in union city and it's pretty darn close. i'm wondering if you have seen the evo that sits on the best buys parking lot all the time. from what i saw, he has a cf trunk and hood, with teins and volks. he also has the evo7 badge. good times!