PDA

View Full Version : ugh i got popped ..state ref ticket

mattssilverevo
05-09-2009, 08:07 PM
I got nailed today 280s in santa clara by saratoga ave. CHP said my exhaust was loud and cited me for that. Popped my hood and gave me a ref ticket with the stupid 24004 sticker. I'm not sure what to do. I obviously want to pay the fine but now I can't drive. Sad part was I was going 65 and chp just came after me like I was the only car on the road. I need to be able to drive..its my dd. :(

Matthew

Kings Fan
05-09-2009, 08:37 PM
What do you got under the hood?

inYubaSha
05-09-2009, 08:53 PM
HTA3076 Powered :stoned:

mattssilverevo
05-09-2009, 09:15 PM
Actually they got me for the blue box and the external wastegate. And that stupid code says 24004 I can't drive the car till corrected.

Engine bay:

http://home.comcast.net/~silver03evo8/DSC01791.JPG

Can't see the gate in the photo but he looked all around and under the car. I wish they had a grace period to atleast "attempt to prove" it could pass instead of almost a instant non op on the car. Intake has car sticker. I was pulled over for HKS Carbon TI.

gOt BoOsT
05-09-2009, 09:20 PM
i kept driving after i got mine...just keep the ticket with you and lay low. btw you do have the option to just pay a VERY EXPENSIVE fine and continue on the way you are

mattssilverevo
05-09-2009, 09:25 PM
Yea isn't the fine like $500.00 and I was told not to keep the ticket with u..24004 you get caugh driving = impound

Kings Fan
05-09-2009, 10:19 PM
Sucks to hear bro... there's different places to mount that blue box to be almost invisible... as for the external WG, good luck =(

mattssilverevo
05-09-2009, 10:29 PM
I wonder how long it is before you can actually just call them up and say i want to pay this.

xbox4414
05-09-2009, 11:14 PM
I wonder how long it is before you can actually just call them up and say i want to pay this.

You get a notice in 1-2 weeks. I got a state ref 2 weeks ago and got my notice this past week. Now I gotta pay $460'ish and go to ref, or just pay $600. The cost is outrageous now!

mattssilverevo
05-09-2009, 11:23 PM
You get a notice in 1-2 weeks. I got a state ref 2 weeks ago and got my notice this past week. Now I gotta pay $460'ish and go to ref, or just pay $600. The cost is outrageous now!

Holy ass raping :(

cloudx71
05-10-2009, 02:19 AM
wait so you have to pay a huge amount even if you go to the state ref?

RREVOVIII
05-10-2009, 07:22 AM
oh damn Sorry to hear that, Goodluck!

xbox4414
05-10-2009, 10:51 AM
wait so you have to pay a huge amount even if you go to the state ref?

Yup here is the paper word for word:

Bail Amount Due w/out Proof: $599.00
OR Reduced Bail Amount Due w/ Proof: $461.00

My violations are VC 27156B and VC 26708A. The first one is the state ref, other is window tint, LOL.

And yes it says I'm not meant to drive the car till fixed. Everything is back to stock but I got lazy and I am waiting to reinstall the cat.

threepointsix
05-10-2009, 11:34 AM
Sucks to hear,

I got 80/65 on 680 near Danville last week. Popped hood, I look bone stock so no problem there.....

Chipper gave me lip on taking care of my window tint while both of my front window are UN-tinted. After I reached in and rolled them up manually (RS) and showed him I'm not tinted he was silent. Douche accused me of having tint and windows were not even up. I called him out on it and said "dude this is factory front tint!"

Some of the CHP's are pretty stupid guys to be honest, some of wem are cool - its that way with any agency....I was scouting to get in and work for em last year and did a 6 hour ride along. Alot of em are freakin retards. Most local agency cops have little respect for them ive found out.

Telling the cop about my CHP aspirations didnt help either...his response "speeding is probably why you didnt get past your interview into background maybee you need to start slowing down" I was like wtf.....

Dudes get paid really well for how retarded they are with enforcing real problems on the road. 22yr old kid I rode with was 3 yrs on the job and his YTD was 82k working little to no OT....OT junkies make 95-105k right out of the academy. Those guys endanger the public the way they drive honestly and they take way more risks weaving in and out of trafic just looking for an expired registration. Its messed up but true

Go back to looking bone stock and roll a quiter exhaust if you can manage. Alot of the Chippers are really into cars also and they will pick on whatever they want. Some dont know anything about cars and put Evo's in the same catagory as riced civics

gOt BoOsT
05-10-2009, 02:16 PM
you gotta pay to play ...price for paying and puting EVERYTHING back to stock then going to the state ref is far higher than just paying and not going...btw you have to get smogged every two years now

batosai
05-10-2009, 04:15 PM
.....Some dont know anything about cars and put Evo's in the same catagory as riced civics

Sorry to hear about your mishap, as for being categorized along with riced-out civics...now THAT IS a crime!

mattssilverevo
05-10-2009, 04:25 PM
btw can you pay the fine over the phone or do you have to go to the traffic facility to pay it? Also he did give a code for loud exhaust is that ref only or can that be done at a normal smog station?

EuGeNiLe
05-10-2009, 09:45 PM
wait for courtesy letter to come in. it will tell you how much your fine is.

if you are super modded, meaning cams, stroker, etc.. and you sold your stock parts, custom fab, stuff.. basically meaning it would take more time and moeny to put back to stock thent he fine.. just pay the fine.

you can pay the fine ONLINE.. again when you get your courtesy letter you will see your options..

if you have the stock stuff, take a few hours and slap it on. you have to schedule to see the ref. certificate is only $8.25 IIRC... IF YOU PASS, if not you can keep rescheduling for days, weeks, months, whatever they have available until you pass.. then you show it to the traffic court and pay the fix it ticket there which is $25 now.

you then have 90 days you can use that smog to sell the car, its transferable.

if the ticket says ref, you gotta go to the ref. you might be able to keep your catback, but thats up to you, depending how they feel, they can just throw you out and you have to take another day off and schedule for another time

mattssilverevo
05-10-2009, 10:31 PM
I just plan on paying the fine. The HTA3076 kit is gonna be sold. I'm thinking BBK or FPRed, apex cb, call it a day..damn DPRK.

bayareaEVO
05-11-2009, 02:06 AM
Yup here is the paper word for word:

My violations are VC 27156B and VC 26708A. The first one is the state ref, other is window tint, LOL.

And yes it says I'm not meant to drive the car till fixed. Everything is back to stock but I got lazy and I am waiting to reinstall the cat.

OUCH! i have the same violation VC 27156B not too long ago, but mine is

Amount due with proof of correction: $25.00
Amount due for bail forfeiture: $436.00

TeKiZeRo
05-11-2009, 05:16 AM
So what happens if your car is stock and you get reffed anyway because the cop is an idiot? Do you have to pay a 3-digit fine for a stock vehicle?

Kings Fan
05-11-2009, 08:46 AM
^probably... man with fines like this, why is there even a state budget crisis

mattssilverevo
05-11-2009, 06:48 PM
Does paying the fine rid myself of the exhaust ticket too being on the same citation?

twst_evo_04
05-19-2009, 07:40 PM
Posted from my mobile device

marq
05-19-2009, 09:21 PM
Is it getting that bad?