PDA

View Full Version : exhaust

CollinsT
02-14-2004, 01:08 PM
What exhaust is best sounding for an evo? I know HKS, and I think greddy make one for the evo but is there any else? If so what are they and what sounds the best?

JanSolo
02-14-2004, 01:26 PM
Soo many exhausts out there.

Here are a few of my fave (and everyone, please feel free to add).

- Buschur Racing CatBack (http://www.buschurracing.com/EVO8_3inCB_Large2.jpg) (with Buschur "muffler" or Magnaflow).
- TurboXS CatBack (http://www.turboxs.com/_images/Evo_cat_back.jpg) (decent deal on it over at EvoConnection).
- Ultimate Racing Catback (http://www.ultimate-racing.com/Products/Evo8/Lancer3inchExhaust1.jpg).
- Works Exhale + Intermediate Pipe (http://www.worksrally.com/images/products/0001.jpg).

ytsejam
02-14-2004, 02:18 PM
Perrin makes one too.
i am most likely gonna go with Perrin.

EvolvedDSM
02-14-2004, 02:20 PM
I don't know... that Helix looks quite lovely :)

warpspeed
02-14-2004, 03:49 PM
I got the RMR and it sounds decent. I heard the Perrin/Magnaflow and it sound great also. I just don't want to spend over $600 on a cat-back exhaust.

JanSolo
02-14-2004, 03:57 PM
I thought the Perrin was a tad too loud for my taste. But, I've never heard it with the Magnaflow.

It would be nice to video tape all the different exhausts that members have and then put them in a nice archive so people can decide which ones are for them. Just another idea that probably won't happen. :)

robi
02-14-2004, 04:04 PM
Yeah I love the LOUD Buschur I have...(So the Z06's hear me comming up behind them. :-0

JanSolo
02-14-2004, 04:06 PM
And then passing them up..

BluEvo
02-18-2004, 12:54 PM
my take is, there is no best sounding exhaust. just best sounding to your taste. if you like it sublte toned, loud or hella loud. :crazyeyes: lolz

vtluu
02-18-2004, 01:02 PM
Agreed. Which is why Jan's idea for making "normalized" (recorded in the same environment with the same equipment and settings) recordings of different exhausts is such a great idea. :worthy:

xchoirboy
02-18-2004, 01:45 PM
I like the look of the HKS but, I don't like the price. Has anyone heard of Espelir Exhausts. I saw a post evolutionm about them.

here's the link to vividracing.
http://vividracing.securesites.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=41_184_186_203_213&products_id=4799&osCsid=34422329379bb773e048ad039eed7dcd

warpspeed
02-18-2004, 03:54 PM
At the 28th meet should be the best place to see and hear the different kind of exhaust....that is if you are going?

david buschur
03-08-2004, 08:48 AM
I agree too, no best sounding, just best for your taste.

We offer some options as to mufflers and noise levels, becuase of that reason.

Our lightweight system that is only 24 pounds for the entire system is the loudest with a lightweight muffler. The Magnaflow tones things down a lot and adds 3 pounds to the weight of the system, it is much quieter though.

There are a ton of exhausts out there, of course I think ours is best. With the pricing, material, weight and performance of the system though, it is hard to argue with.

Black_EVO
04-07-2004, 10:18 PM
Has anybody tried the TurboXS evolution rfl-ti cat-back exhaust? Looks nice and not a bad price. Just wanted to get some feedback from someone that has one.

xchoirboy
04-08-2004, 08:05 AM
With the resent news on mods I desided to call a manufactor about there exhaust. I asked if their system was CARB legal. I don't need any hassles from the :cop: s. Basically they told that the system was for off-road use. Yeah right. You think if you're x amount of $s for a high end system that they would at least try to make some effort.

:eek:

04-08-2004, 10:40 AM
eh if u want u can save a tons of money adn do a catback 3in piping like me, hehehe it ghetto but some oen told mt it look like works adn guess wat it prob cost only 200 or less and it sound horrifing mean without the silencer that y the goddamn cops gave me a fix ticket for it, haha let me know if u need help on ghetto piping.

vtluu
04-08-2004, 10:58 AM
eh if u want u can save a tons of money adn do a catback 3in piping like me, hehehe it ghetto but some oen told mt it look like works adn guess wat it prob cost only 200 or less and it sound horrifing mean without the silencer that y the goddamn cops gave me a fix ticket for it, haha let me know if u need help on ghetto piping.
Uh, try typing more slowly next time, I didn't understand a word of that. :roll:

nebolic
04-08-2004, 12:50 PM
Uh, try typing more slowly next time, I didn't understand a word of that. :roll:

"Eh if you want, you can save a lot of money and make a catback with 3 inch piping like me. Heheheh it's ghetto, but someone told me that it looks like the WORKS exhaust. And guess what, it costs around $200 or less. It sounds horrifyingly mean without the silencer and that's why the cops gave me a "fix-it" ticket for it. Hahaha let me know you want help on making a "ghetto-piping" exhaust."

there we go, i think thats what he means :P :werd:

hope that helps :wink:

JanSolo
04-08-2004, 01:19 PM
"Eh if you want, you can save a lot of money and make a catback with 3 inch piping like me. Heheheh it's ghetto, but someone told me that it looks like the WORKS exhaust. And guess what, it costs around $200 or less. It sounds horrifyingly mean without the silencer and that's why the cops gave me a "fix-it" ticket for it. Hahaha let me know you want help on making a "ghetto-piping" exhaust."

Translated into JDM:

"If Eh if you want and you can save a lot of money and make a catback with 3 inch piping like me. we want, it rescues your many money, it is possible to make catback where piping of 3 inches like me has been attached. Like the exhaust of work Heheheh it' which is visible; The ghetto of s, but someone informed to me. And something which requires below that approximately $200 presumes. As for that policeman in me " Fix-it" Why it gives and is high muffler and that' S without it is audible in horrifyingly center; Ticket for that. As for Hahaha " which you think that we want in me,; Ghetto-piping" Help of compilation informed; Exhaust."

nebolic
04-08-2004, 01:33 PM
muhaaaaaaaaaaaaa JDM style, i like it.

vtluu
04-08-2004, 01:44 PM
Ah, thanks, that clears it all up. :D

BluEvo
04-08-2004, 01:57 PM
if you want to free up some of that air with a not so loud (cop attracting) system and don't want to spend all ur hard earned cash on a catback...... i suggest looking into gettting the Buschur Axle Back.
http://buschurracing.com/Evo_Axleback_Large.jpg

the stock piping is rather large to begin with and the stock muffler is the thing that is holding up all that pressure. the axle back will be less restrictive out the back end. :wink:

Black_EVO
04-08-2004, 03:32 PM
With the resent news on mods I desided to call a manufactor about there exhaust. I asked if their system was CARB legal. I don't need any hassles from the :cop: s. Basically they told that the system was for off-road use. Yeah right. You think if you're x amount of $s for a high end system that they would at least try to make some effort.

:eek:

Is this in regards to the XS exaust?