PDA

View Full Version : CHP going crazy

EviL_8
05-17-2009, 12:36 AM
hey was up guys im up here in lakeport its far north small town 4500 people
were even exempt from the 2 year smog for registration and i have never had my hood poped or herd of it happening here and all of a sudden tonight i saw 5 cars with them popped a 240sx,cougar,buddys evo,dodge truck with neon gayyy,and unknown car and my friend go pulled in his cobra other day they popped the hood because he had a boost gauge and that was probable cause they even had a guy out ther with a camera filming the engine bay of one car WTF i took my evo home and parked it and took the jetta up town to check things out this was all in a 1 hour period within 2 mile span so everyone watch out this is bullcrap all the profileing thats happening because cali is in debt up to its neck peace

WWEVOVIII
05-17-2009, 02:07 AM
thats crazy, I wish all the evo owners + stis and other car get together and write a letter with all the signatures and send it to president obama. that why all of us get pulled over for no reason and even sent to state ref with legal mods :(. I wish there was a solution to that LOL

ddubdb3
05-17-2009, 08:19 AM
wow thats crazyy

RREVOVIII
05-17-2009, 09:04 AM
wow thats crazyy

+1 :icon_userfriendly:

whtrice
05-17-2009, 11:11 AM
Be interested in hearing what your buddy with the Evo has to say about the inspection experience. What questions they asked him and how knowledgable (lol)
they appeared.

The state is broke and task squads are popping up to harvest revenue. If they have any excuse to pull you over...sound....tint...plates...etc they are going to probably ask you to pop your hood too. These campaigns have happened over the many years I have lived in this state since the 70's. It's sometimes hot.....sometimes cold.

marq
05-17-2009, 03:07 PM
This sucks butt. It's almost like when they passed that law in LA. If you were found street racing/speeding with a modified car, you would have it impounded and the car would be crushed. Lots of people gave it all up, sold their cars and went to something other than imports. Don't let that happen here. Just more reason to mod the car with keeping it stock looking in mind.

Cyp
05-17-2009, 10:11 PM
Will cops start to pull over classic hot rods too since their 99% modified? Well, the country is sure on the right path...lets legalize marijuana, but make it against the law to have front side window tint, modified exhausts and engines. LOL!!

EviL_8
05-17-2009, 10:25 PM
Be interested in hearing what your buddy with the Evo has to say about the inspection experience. What questions they asked him and how knowledgable (lol)
they appeared.

The state is broke and task squads are popping up to harvest revenue. If they have any excuse to pull you over...sound....tint...plates...etc they are going to probably ask you to pop your hood too. These campaigns have happened over the many years I have lived in this state since the 70's. It's sometimes hot.....sometimes cold.

ya im gunna ask him about it and see what happened hes got works exhaust AEM intake CARBed ic pipes hks bov and HKS EBC and a indash dvd so im sure they took him behind a bush and rapped him :3some:hahaha

evoboy05
05-18-2009, 01:51 AM
Some of the cops know the basics of what our evos come with. The last state ref ticket I got, first question the cop asked me was where is the BOV. I told her its a recirculated BOV, and said I didnt have the one that shes thinking of. Other than that she didnt know what to look for under my hood, even though the full race manifold was staring her in the face lol. For the most part they ask and look for the basics.

marq
05-18-2009, 06:31 AM
Some of the cops know the basics of what our evos come with. The last state ref ticket I got, first question the cop asked me was where is the BOV. I told her its a recirculated BOV, and said I didnt have the one that shes thinking of. Other than that she didnt know what to look for under my hood, even though the full race manifold was staring her in the face lol. For the most part they ask and look for the basics.

Exactly. That I've seen and heard, bov, intake and exhaust seem to be the biggest write-ups. This is where trying to go with something that looks stock is most important. evo9 bov, intake box cutout mod, and exhaust that looks stock (i.e. Buscher Racing) with a RRE rally cat.

08lancer_gts
05-18-2009, 09:39 AM
i think if you get a ticket, if you go to court they will drop your fine really low...one time i was their there was this kid who got a ticket for no liscense, no registration, no insurance no everything, and the judge only gave him a $500 fine to pay...pretty much everyone in the court got a low fine that day...

evose06
05-31-2009, 11:05 PM
Will cops start to pull over classic hot rods too since their 99% modified? Well, the country is sure on the right path...lets legalize marijuana, but make it against the law to have front side window tint, modified exhausts and engines. LOL!!

Nah, they don't typically bother us because we are smog exempt. My Chevelle at idle is probably over 100 DB and the cops just nod and give me thumbs up all the time. Not trying to brag but a lot of them like cars like that since they own them or grew up with them. Not to say they don't like Evos or anything else import but most cops I know prefer muscle cars or hot rods over import muscle.

Twentyrk
06-01-2009, 05:15 PM
A pretty old friend of mine told me that back in the days when he used to sneak out and go to street races, Only the two people racing would get tickets if they were caught. I heard that nowadays if you're caught spectating a race, you get a ticket. What has the world come to? :icon_userfriendly: