PDA

View Full Version : am i out of line?

b-ron
05-26-2009, 02:16 AM
so i have been with my gf for 3 years exactly today :smiley: and shes my best friend in the world but we have been fighting alot these last few months because i dip (chew) and all she can ever say is i hate it when you do that its so gross(i can understand that) then i responed back saying i have been doing it since i met you and now your getting mad about it? then it leads to a big fight with either her saying i dont want to be with some one who dips or me saying i dont expect you to like it but you can at least deal with it. then this line that makes me feel like a real bad guy i dont want to leave you because i dont want to be with anyone else but you!! and then with my temper i respond with i dont think i can be with someone who cant deal with me dipping. then she walks out the door and leaves, then the next day were fine :huh:

i mean i dont expect her to want to kiss me while im doing it or share a drink thats fine with me, but if she sees me doing it the whole night is down the tube!!! and like i said it ends up with a fight

do you guys think that its that big of a deal? thanks for reading

cornercarver
05-26-2009, 03:16 AM
It is only as big of a deal as she makes it. Whether it is to you or any of us is irrelevant to how she feels.
You've been chewing for some time and if it bothers her now, it was something that has always bothered her but she tried to look past it because she cares for you.
Cut down on dipping when she's around. It is a compromise to not doing it at all, but it will still show her you are trying to accommodate her needs.
Keep it up and you can kiss her goodbye for sure. It will only be a matter of time until one of you gets sick and tired of the same fight over and over again...

Good luck!

chefnevo
05-26-2009, 09:20 AM
Ditto on that. She is most likey thinking of you and the possibility of cancer from chewing which is nasty btw. If your going to stay together you need to learn on how to compromise. It's a two way street.

Lurk
05-26-2009, 10:04 AM
Watch...once she knows she can control you, she's just gonna keep going. That's how women are. They're gonna start with something small (like making you give up the Cope), then move on to bigger things. You need to put her in her place early on. :thumbsup:

b-ron
05-26-2009, 10:12 AM
It is only as big of a deal as she makes it. Whether it is to you or any of us is irrelevant to how she feels.
You've been chewing for some time and if it bothers her now, it was something that has always bothered her but she tried to look past it because she cares for you.
Cut down on dipping when she's around. It is a compromise to not doing it at all, but it will still show her you are trying to accommodate her needs.
Keep it up and you can kiss her goodbye for sure. It will only be a matter of time until one of you gets sick and tired of the same fight over and over again...

Good luck!

wow!!!! thanks man i will be giving it a go!!!! thanks for the clear up on everything

b-ron
05-26-2009, 10:13 AM
Watch...once she knows she can control you, she's just gonna keep going. That's how women are. They're gonna start with something small (like making you give up the Cope), then move on to bigger things. You need to put her in her place early on. :thumbsup:

lol haha

Twentyrk
05-26-2009, 11:25 AM

Good luck!

+1 :thumbsup:

cornercarver
05-26-2009, 05:08 PM
wow!!!! thanks man i will be giving it a go!!!! thanks for the clear up on everything

No prob bro, already been down those roads and lost some good friends.

evotechIX
05-27-2009, 12:19 AM
hey bro. well, i think that its not a big of a deal unless she makes it that way. you specifically said that you been dipping since you met her and only now she makes a big deal about it. same with me and my gf. ive been with her for almost 3 years and she trips about me smoking when i only smoke on occasion or when i drink up with the homies. but anyways, it is a two way street, so some compromising has to come into play somewhere.

b-ron
05-27-2009, 10:30 AM
true true man!!! well i gues quiting wouldnt be such a bad thing anyways ? but i just dont feel like im ready to quit so thats going to make it so much harder. but i guess wat ever takes:wink:

evotechIX
05-28-2009, 03:20 PM
true true man!!! well i gues quiting wouldnt be such a bad thing anyways ? but i just dont feel like im ready to quit so thats going to make it so much harder. but i guess wat ever takes:wink:

yeah bro. try to maintain it. learn to control the crave. believe me, it helps and it saves you a whole bunch. with me, i can control my level of craving for stoges. i can stop when i want and i use it when i want. try it, it works. good luck bro.

stockIX
05-28-2009, 07:15 PM
Fundamentally I'm with Lurk on this one. If you do quit say you're doing it for yourself and she benefits, but it's not because of her bitching. This girl introduced me to the chew bags which seem to be a much cleaner way of doing things. (No comments on what kinda girls I hang with, heh heh). Also, I'm not sure if there's something else going on that bothers her about the relationship. Maybe something else is bothering her and she's using this as a way to express it.

I do wonder why girls throw a fit about something one day but act like everything's ok the next. I wouldn't believe it personally but enjoy it while it lasts :)

b-ron
05-28-2009, 08:29 PM
yeah bro. try to maintain it. learn to control the crave. believe me, it helps and it saves you a whole bunch. with me, i can control my level of craving for stoges. i can stop when i want and i use it when i want. try it, it works. good luck bro.

thanks bro!!!!

b-ron
05-28-2009, 08:30 PM
Fundamentally I'm with Lurk on this one. If you do quit say you're doing it for yourself and she benefits, but it's not because of her bitching. This girl introduced me to the chew bags which seem to be a much cleaner way of doing things. (No comments on what kinda girls I hang with, heh heh). Also, I'm not sure if there's something else going on that bothers her about the relationship. Maybe something else is bothering her and she's using this as a way to express it.

I do wonder why girls throw a fit about something one day but act like everything's ok the next. I wouldn't believe it personally but enjoy it while it lasts :)

i do the pouches but its the fact that i chew period i guess

batosai
06-01-2009, 09:17 PM
As was mentioned before by others, find the compromise in which both of you can agree. Believe me, it's no fun when couples fight..that's why the key thing to do is communicate...seems to have worked for me and so far I've been married for 18 years...

WWEVOVIII
06-01-2009, 09:45 PM
DDDDDAAAANGGGGGGGGG Batosai, youve been married for 18 years !!! wow thats awesome man, well, ur a very nice guy so that explains it why you have been married for a long time and still keeping it up (( IM PROUD OF YOU ))

RREVOVIII
06-01-2009, 10:14 PM
As was mentioned before by others, find the compromise in which both of you can agree. Believe me, it's no fun when couples fight..that's why the key thing to do is communicate...seems to have worked for me and so far I've been married for 18 years...

:bow:

:thumbsup:

b-ron
06-02-2009, 07:47 AM
thanks guys i had my girlfriend read this thread and she said that she needs to buy all of you guys a beer lol.

so we have talked it out and came up with this i can dip when shes not around and the only time in front of her is when we are together all day but i cant be doing it all day. i have cut back to only chewing the camel snus that is a really mild version of dip. i hope this plane works!!!!! thanks alot guys

batosai
06-02-2009, 08:18 AM
@ friski & jay: LOL..thanks for the words of encouragement!! I'll pass it on to "SWMBO" aka wifey (SheWhoMustBeObeyed )....:laugh:
@ b-ron: tell her she might wanna reconsider the beer part because all of us would be lined up for the brewskies...LMAO Sounds like a compromise has been agreed on..yes? And if it seems like there's issues that might be coming up with that plan, don't forget to talks about it first BEFORE either of you guys get upset...things work out better that way...ok, Dr Phil is done for now..

b-ron
06-02-2009, 09:01 AM
lol hahaha "SWMBO" to perfect. yes we have a plane we agree on, it feels so good getting this shit sorted out with her thanks again guys

WWEVOVIII
06-02-2009, 09:44 AM
@ friski & jay: LOL..thanks for the words of encouragement!! I'll pass it on to "SWMBO" aka wifey (SheWhoMustBeObeyed )....:laugh:
@ b-ron: tell her she might wanna reconsider the beer part because all of us would be lined up for the brewskies...LMAO Sounds like a compromise has been agreed on..yes? And if it seems like there's issues that might be coming up with that plan, don't forget to talks about it first BEFORE either of you guys get upset...things work out better that way...ok, Dr Phil is done for now..

hahaha +1 LOL this guy really Cracks me up haha. Im glad that you guys came up to a conclusion and I really hope that everything works out for you 2 ;).

b-ron
06-02-2009, 09:49 AM
thanks bro!!! hopfully theres many more years a head of us

batosai
06-02-2009, 04:07 PM
lol hahaha "SWMBO" to perfect. yes we have a plane we agree on, it feels so good getting this shit sorted out with her thanks again guys

SWMBO is waaaaay perfect...LOL I can't take the credit for that though. It's from a golfer/commentator named David Feherty...LOL