PDA

View Full Version : front aero kit too low?

EvoX95123
06-24-2009, 11:05 PM
I keep scrap the rubber stripe under the front aero kit. It has come off twice already.

Am I the only one that have this problem?

cornercarver
06-24-2009, 11:37 PM
Probably. Are you lowered?

Whether you are or not, really need to change your driving habits. I'd hate to see you in a real sports car if you scrape in an evo. Mine is dropped and I have a CF front lip and the only scratch marks on there are from when my wife drove my car(and she hasn't since lol).

Just go up your driveway and leave parking lots at angles. If I can clear them just fine, any evo owner can.

EvoX95123
06-25-2009, 12:00 AM
My MR is not lowered. I found that I did the scratches when I back out my driveway. So how do you drive off the driveway at angles?

I had a Corvette for 9 years and had no problems with it.

cornercarver
06-25-2009, 09:04 AM
My MR is not lowered. I found that I did the scratches when I back out my driveway. So how do you drive off the driveway at angles?

I had a Corvette for 9 years and had no problems with it.

Really? I find that hard to believe since a corvette sits lower than an MR which sits like a 4X4 truck.

Instead of going up your driveway at a 90degree angle, try going up it at 45 degrees or less putting one tire up it at a time. Same for backing out, just start turning the wheel and put one tire down at a time.

I don't mind helping you, but holy crap this is some basic driving stuff. How old are you? Didn't you attend traffic school?

chefnevo
06-25-2009, 09:05 AM
Be nice JR. lol When backing out, start turning your wheel left or right (depending on were your going) so by the time your nose gets close to the lip of the driveway your at 35-40 degree angle and slowly pull out.

cornercarver
06-25-2009, 01:54 PM
What do you know about slowly pulling out:ronjeremy:?

chefnevo
06-25-2009, 04:01 PM
What do you know about slowly pulling out:ronjeremy:?

Was I to rough with you? :ronjeremy:

EvoX95123
06-25-2009, 09:14 PM
Between my 'Vette and Evo MR, I had a factory lowered BMW 7-series with M-Sport suspension. It was as low as my 'Vette but I had no problem with it either.

Really? I find that hard to believe since a corvette sits lower than an MR which sits like a 4X4 truck.

No worries. You probably can't afford them anyway.... :icon_mrgreen:

LIL NOVE
11-11-2009, 10:07 AM
nah u aint the only one... i dont think its too low, its where i live, i live in SF, the city of hills & crappy streets.. some of these driveways out here are steep also. i've lost three clips already & to replace them the kit has to come off, at least thats what it looks like. cause there's a washer on the inside.. i wanna put a dab of jb weld on the inside of the clip, but i think the whole kit would come off if i scraped again. i try my best to hit driveways @ an angle but sometimes it cant be done.... i do know what u mean & i wanna lower the car cause of the gap on the tire, but thats not gonna happen....

LIL JOHN