PDA

View Full Version : State ref

wht03evo8
06-25-2009, 01:48 AM
Well i have read some of the other threads on state refs and yet I still have tons of worries of what really happens!!! I was pulled over for the front plates then that lead to the modiefied emissions! All that the chp was worried about was my injen intake but didn't see the o2 housing, so here is the parts list!!

Rsr exhaust
rsr downpipe
o2 housing
intercooler
injen hard pipes upper and lower
injen intake
mbc
intercooler
ported oem manifold

what should be replaced and or removed? So what should I do anything will help

mtsevovii
06-25-2009, 02:16 AM
everything needs to go back to stock.

wht03evo8
06-25-2009, 02:21 AM
Everything, and why cuz I know that just the exhaust will pass smog,

Domolution
06-25-2009, 02:44 AM
Just put everything BACK TO STOCK!!!
Those fawking Refs WILL get you on little tiny shit....TRUST! I've done it twice and NEVER EVER AGAIN!!! I rather pay 600-2k in fines. FAWK putting my entire car back to stock, especially if you have a very heavily modified car. Live an learn!!! :X

wht03evo8
06-25-2009, 10:51 AM
It's all shit I can put back in a day or so, so it's not like it is a great deal on the parts aspect just don't want to go throu this crap all the time, and will this raise the rates on the insurance as well?

WWEVOVIII
06-25-2009, 12:45 PM
does Injen intake come with carb number on it ? or not ? thanks where did you get pulled over at ? sorry to hear this :(

wht03evo8
06-25-2009, 12:55 PM
They are not yet carb legal but they have on their website and on the instructions they state that it is carb legal so i have already ordered the CARB stiker and i got pulled over in Fairfield, right off of 80 the fucking cop was hiding and barely if at all saw the front end of the car to pull me over, Talk about being stereotyped!!!! but what can you do!!

bricel24
06-25-2009, 07:54 PM
Everything needs to go back to stock. It's a bitch I know, but you may have options.

Read my story.

http://evoempire.org/Being-sent-to-the-ref-t1334.html

RREVOVIII
06-25-2009, 08:02 PM
thats sucks!

mtsevovii
06-26-2009, 12:55 AM
doesnt matter what will pass smog. you are going to state ref. not a smog station.

BalloonMR
06-26-2009, 01:12 AM
the state ref here by evergreen in san jose is a little more lenient. My friend got away with LICP, FMIC, downpipe, with stock cat and stock catback, and flashed back to stock.

good luck though with whichever u choose to do

sol_tegra
06-26-2009, 10:37 AM
with my experience with the reff. i dont think you have to go back to stock.....reason is i reffed my EG Hatch with a Stock GSR motor with DC headers, AEM intake and CBE and i still passed. Basically you just need all your CARB EO #'s and your good. if you have a cat on you'll be fine with the CBE. you will have to take off your down pipe and reuse you stock pipe since its an rsr cuz i have the same one and it deletes the cat.

i've been lucky since i live up here in truckee(knock on wood), i dont have to worry too much about getting pulled over. one of my coworker used to work as an assistant for the reff. and he hooked me up on the info. and i pretty much passed easily. good luck bro....

wht03evo8
06-26-2009, 02:47 PM
The owner before me cut the dp and welded on a oem cat, but other then that and the o2 housing it is all carb legal!!! So do you think i will have any issues?

bricel24
06-26-2009, 04:22 PM
Better safe than sorry. Either pay the fine or get it to pass the ref the first time to save you time and money. My 2 cents.

blkevo
06-27-2009, 01:52 PM
evergreen is lenient, but i suggest you put everything back to stock except the fmic because its not illegal on a turbo car that comes stock with a front mount... just go back to stock. Better to be safe

bayareaEVO
06-27-2009, 02:56 PM
yeah i went to evergreen, but i think it depends on who you get... because when i went the ref was pretty lenient with my car, i forgot to take off the defi boost sensor and he almost didnt pass me because of that, but he did anyways :icon_mrgreen: and yes mine came in with the downpipe/stock cat/greddy TI exhaust...

wht03evo8
06-29-2009, 10:48 AM
Pending on the ticket I may just pay it off and not worry about it but we will see!

sol_tegra
06-29-2009, 03:23 PM
The owner before me cut the dp and welded on a oem cat, but other then that and the o2 housing it is all carb legal!!! So do you think i will have any issues?
your better off swapping out your o2 housing but if you think you'll be fine with it then leave it on....i'd take it off it was me

WWEVOVIII
06-29-2009, 03:26 PM
your better off swapping out your o2 housing but if you think you'll be fine with it then leave it on....i'd take it off it was me

+1 :dumas:

wht03evo8
06-29-2009, 05:35 PM
Ll it is not really to hard to take off the o2 housing so I might as well just take it off trhow the stocker on then get passed and then throw it back on

RREVOVIII
06-29-2009, 05:41 PM
Ll it is not really to hard to take off the o2 housing so I might as well just take it off trhow the stocker on then get passed and then throw it back on

is the heatshield on? cause with the heatshield its hard to notice or see it..

BTW im getting Ref also on Thursday for my 2nd Modified Exhaust :icon_wink:

bayareaEVO
06-30-2009, 01:02 AM
is it still 20$ for fix its?

marq
06-30-2009, 04:30 AM
Ported o2 housing FTW. Its stock, and flows better than stock, and don't have to worry. Is the o2 housing you have obvious to the eye?

joeevo
06-30-2009, 07:05 PM
Thats why i have my fornt plates...

WWEVOVIII
06-30-2009, 07:10 PM
is the heatshield on? cause with the heatshield its hard to notice or see it..

BTW im getting Ref also on Thursday for my 2nd Modified Exhaust :icon_wink:

so whats the difference between first and second time ? I already have one lol

RREVOVIII
06-30-2009, 07:27 PM
so whats the difference between first and second time ? I already have one lol

nothing really, the 1st one i was caught flying off a Gas Station which is really understandable "stupid me" This 2nd one, i passed a Cop parked on the side of the Street with my foot of the gas, but because a Exhaust Hanger recently broke off the pipe, that made it really loud even on idle. so the Cop tailed me and said that i dont have my silencer on. I tried to tell him that a hanger came off from it and left a big hole before the muffler, but he said that if the silencer was on it shouldn't be that loud, oh well... So Thursday i get to go on the same Ref where i was last time :cheesy:

wht03evo8
06-30-2009, 11:30 PM
No I don't have the heat shield on but if I did you wouldn't be able to tell the difference, but without the shield it sticks out like a sore thumb, I am suprised he didn't see it!!! I still have not gotten the ticket in the mail!

WWEVOVIII
06-30-2009, 11:53 PM
nothing really, the 1st one i was caught flying off a Gas Station which is really understandable "stupid me" This 2nd one, i passed a Cop parked on the side of the Street with my foot of the gas, but because a Exhaust Hanger recently broke off the pipe, that made it really loud even on idle. so the Cop tailed me and said that i dont have my silencer on. I tried to tell him that a hanger came off from it and left a big hole before the muffler, but he said that if the silencer was on it shouldn't be that loud, oh well... So Thursday i get to go on the same Ref where i was last time :cheesy:

ouch lol, I hope you pass your test pareng :D GL