PDA

View Full Version : CMI drag racing 7/18/09

PAT@FFTEC
07-09-2009, 03:31 PM
Come on out and see the quickest/fastest Evo's in NorCal!

http://www.sacramentoraceway.com/CMIFLiers/cmisummers.jpg

RREVOVIII
07-09-2009, 04:06 PM
damn, i cant make it on this one, i need to Smog my car & retune it :embarassed:

aaevol9
07-09-2009, 04:36 PM
my car is no where near where it needs to be, hopefully by sept!

Audi2ptzero
07-17-2009, 10:25 AM
Cool so there are going to be some fast Evo's there. I should be there too after having to throw in a new clutch late last might since my other one pretty much couldn't handle my last trip to Fontana for the Hoosier tire testing.

Video of the run when the clutch lets go. Pulled 1.54 60 ft before the clutch let go and still ran 7.1 at a slow 92 mph with the clutch slipping and the clutch pedal on the floor. lol

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Slipping-clutch_694950.htm

See you at Sac Pat.

PAT@FFTEC
07-17-2009, 10:56 AM
Cool so there are going to be some fast Evo's there. I should be there too after having to throw in a new clutch late last might since my other one pretty much couldn't handle my last trip to Fontana for the Hoosier tire testing.

Video of the run when the clutch lets go. Pulled 1.54 60 ft before the clutch let go and still ran 7.1 at a slow 92 mph with the clutch slipping and the clutch pedal on the floor. lol

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Slipping-clutch_694950.htm

See you at Sac Pat.
Glad to hear you'll be making the trip up Mike see ya tomorrow!

Sounds like you got things sorted out with your car woohoo :cheesy:

Gunna go and watch the vid now.......

Edit: Anxious to see and speak to you about those DR's 1.54 60 ft on the first time out sounds very promising.....i want some lol!

spooolin4g63
07-18-2009, 09:48 PM
Someone just ran their their new personal best, 10.1@141

RREVOVIII
07-18-2009, 10:04 PM
Someone just ran their their new personal best, 10.1@141

nice Congrats!

Audi2ptzero
07-19-2009, 04:43 PM
Nice. So did he win the class or did they kick him out after that run for no cage and no NHRA Lic?

aaevol9
07-19-2009, 06:31 PM
Nice. So did he win the class or did they kick him out after that run for no cage and no NHRA Lic?
Yea thats what I was wondering for the high trap speed...hopefully not, but ne ways great run Pat!

Audi2ptzero
07-19-2009, 07:08 PM
Yea thats what I was wondering for the high trap speed...hopefully not, but ne ways great run Pat!

Well it seems he ran that in the finals. But I am sure they wont be letting him back in that event without a full cage and Lic.

aaevol9
07-19-2009, 08:52 PM
Well it seems he ran that in the finals. But I am sure they wont be letting him back in that event without a full cage and Lic.
unfortunately ur prob right.

PAT@FFTEC
07-20-2009, 07:58 AM
nice Congrats!
Thanks a lot man!

unfortunately ur prob right.
Just to explain Mike/Pablo:

In the driver's meeting before round #1 they tried to enforce the need for an nhra license for anyone trapping over 135.

In the 2 qualifying passes only 2-3 of us were under 135 while every other Honda was trapping freekin way over 140+ w/ Lisa trapping 156 :ugh:.

Well come to find out that not 1 of the 8 cars in the field had a license besides Lisa i believe so they had to let everyone run for fear of not even having a competition at all if they booted almost everyone out of the class :gheyfight:

Of course they did make everyone promise to get the license for the next event!

A little pissed about the way they treated both Mike and myself thinking that we would somehow "run-away" w/ the win against the Hondas.

I can understand the need for being strict about oil downs etc but not many Hondas broke woohoo and it just felt very biased!

OH WELL i have a complete thread write-up here w/ vids:
http://www.norcalevo.net/showthread.php?p=591129&posted=1#post591129

Audi2ptzero
07-20-2009, 02:07 PM
Yeah I figured none of the other people had a NHRA lic other then Lisa. It seems they didn't have enough "pro" racers to run in the really fast turbo and all motor class which is why we ended up with Lisa in the T4 class.

I set the guy straight really quick when he told me we couldn't be in the T4 class, I just said "tony" and that put a end to him bitching about us being in the class. Its funny that they were afraid one of us AWD cars would run away with it when Lisa was in the class, funny part is that you took it anyway lol

spooolin4g63
07-20-2009, 07:11 PM
pat, you always getting me and anthony mixed up LOL, you should be seeing me pretty soon up at the shop...:icon_kidra::icon_kidra:

PAT@FFTEC
07-21-2009, 08:07 AM
pat, you always getting me and anthony mixed up LOL, you should be seeing me pretty soon up at the shop...:icon_kidra::icon_kidra:

LOL You guys really need to change you screen names LOL J/K :cheesy:

Sounds good bro we'll be here waiting to help you reach your goals!

Better talk to Anthony he was at the shop yesterday......i think the 141.8mph has him thinking of keeping the 35r..........:ugh: