PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Wheels

tartarus
07-24-2009, 06:57 AM
Any tips on how you guys clean wheels? I have the FN01-cs with the lip, I've been trying to look up what compound the lip is made of, I am pretty sure it is aluminum, if that is the case, do you guys use a specific polisher etc...? And if anyone knows where I can be sure what it is made of? Thanks

evo+supra
07-24-2009, 04:06 PM
If its a painted surface I use pinnacles wheel care kit. Apply on wheels use a brush to aggitate the brake dust then use a pressure washer to rinse. Repeat if needed. Then once you got all the brake dust and other contaminants off then its time to buff. Most polishes and waxes will suffice.

I stay away from those all wheel cleaners as they are abrasive to paint and cause paint to fade eventually and they arent enviornmentally friendly. I use the pinnacle kit as its not abrasive and its of organic materials.

inYubaSha
07-24-2009, 09:25 PM
screw that, cleaning wheels is the Suck.

if you're really paranoid, micro fiber & long fingernails

post pics!

djslik408
07-24-2009, 10:07 PM
LOL>

WWEVOVIII
07-24-2009, 10:11 PM
hahaha, to be honest I dont remember If I ever cleaned my rims before :). the most Ive done was spraying my tires with that foam spray thingy and thats all. but thanks for the tips guy ;).

sol_tegra
08-30-2009, 03:25 PM
hahaha, to be honest I dont remember If I ever cleaned my rims before :). the most Ive done was spraying my tires with that foam spray thingy and thats all. but thanks for the tips guy ;).
i guess with black wheels you cant tell if its dirty so your application will work.....LOL

evo+supra
08-30-2009, 05:28 PM
Black wheels are just as important as any other color. Proper detailing of the wheels are just as vital!

ddubdb3
09-01-2009, 06:32 PM
cleaning black wheels sucks.. u have to be careful not to leave scratches!

evo+supra
09-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Yes! This is why I only use top notch products and only use approved detailing tools!

jay206
09-02-2009, 09:54 PM
i hate this part (cleaning the wheels). BBS has to many spokes :icon_banghead:

ricardomotorhead
09-03-2009, 12:33 AM
i hate this part (cleaning the wheels). BBS has to many spokes :icon_banghead:

Yeap... me too... this is the worst part when washing a car :(
NO Thank you I do such a half ass job when doing this, I just use a regular rag, soap and water.

evo+supra
09-03-2009, 12:54 AM
Yeap... me too... this is the worst part when washing a car :(
NO Thank you I do such a half ass job when doing this, I just use a regular rag, soap and water.

o goodness! I just cringe when I hear this. Lol. I actually enjoy doing wheels and tires. It really makes the car look good when cleaned up! But then again I just love detailing in general lol. I know I'm nuts lol!

Everyone just bring your wheels to me so I can detail them properly and get them all weather proofed before winter hits!!!

ricardomotorhead
09-03-2009, 01:00 AM
^^^ WOW we got a true car detail artist here, I cannot believe someone would like to do such a hard work. BUMP for you !!!!

evo+supra
09-03-2009, 01:29 AM
^^^ yep!!! Always here to help! Been doing it for almost a decade on a professional level and just enjoy doing it! When I'm in the zone I'm happy and enjoying the hard work and outcome of the detail! Putting smiles on peoples faces is what does it for me!

blurevo8
09-03-2009, 10:56 AM
yeah tell me about it i love washing and detailing my car i do it every weekend. hours n hours gotta keep my advans clean cause those axis brake pads give off a crap load of brake dust cant wait to replace them ...

evo+supra
09-03-2009, 01:50 PM
^easy fix to that is of course buffing your rims. Most of he brake dust will just slide right off and whatevers left over u can wipe with ease with a microfiber. This is how I have been keeping those te37 I got from you looking impecable lol.

joeevo
03-26-2010, 03:49 AM
Man i clean my wheels like it was my last day here on earth...i cherish it...i have black glossy rims... and i make sure that i am the only person to clean it...have to be very careful not to leave any marks or swirls....yea it sucks..hehe

nomoretransam
03-26-2010, 07:19 AM
lots and lots of elbow grease

evo+supra
03-26-2010, 07:45 PM
its alot less elbow grease when you just have me do them lol

batosai
03-30-2010, 01:18 PM
its alot less elbow grease when you just have me do them lol

but that also depends on how much it's gonna be to have the use of YOUR elbow grease so to speak....heheheheh coz for senior citizens (not a word from u nardin....) like me, the elbow grease doesn't flow as good as it used to....LOOOOL

evo+supra
04-20-2010, 03:30 PM
Well I definitely dont charge much considering I do a rediculously good job and I use nothiing but the highest grade products you can use! Basic wheels/tires detail is 20, Moderate wheels/tires detail is 65, and Advanced wheels/tires is 100.

If you wanna know the difference of each one just pm me I also have all this info on my detail thread in the vendor section. I can tell you right now that the prices layed out are actually not that expensive for what I do and what I apply. I will say the advanced detail is more for just show cars and garage queens. I would go more for the moderate package for most people who actually drive their cars and arent show queens. And wheel/tires details are cheaper with a detail package.