PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance with dealer or aftermarket shop

Evol06
08-06-2009, 11:23 AM
I am coming up on the 15,000 mile maintenance for my IX and really want to take it to a aftermarket shop but am concerned they will not give the full inspection the service dept at the dealer is stating should be performed. Your opinion on this please. Thank you.

ArtEvoIX
08-06-2009, 11:44 AM
15K? I did most of my fluids changed except brake and PS and ACD. Just go to a shop, stealership sometimes does not give you the fluids they promised you.

ArtEvoIX
08-06-2009, 11:54 AM
check SE, FFTEC and GST.

Kings Fan
08-06-2009, 12:05 PM
15K? I did most of my fluids changed except brake and PS and ACD. Just go to a shop, stealership sometimes does not give you the fluids they promised you.

Seriously, most dealerships don't even know to put in super diaqueen for MR 6-speeds

TMALLARI
08-06-2009, 12:30 PM
i didnt do my 15k yet waiting for the 30k in about 8k left to go. Really not necessary if you follow the guideline on the owners book. But if you drive like there's no tomorrow then you should. I need my tires rotated and little coolant that's all until the 30k service. I dd my car but dont drive crazy or long drives all the time. I barely hit 20k recently and bought it new from the dealer back in 07!

Evol06
08-06-2009, 01:20 PM
Thanks for info. I don't drive it that hard and I bought mine back in Jan.07 and still haven't hit 15,000 miles. I do oil changes every 3,000 so cool I am feeling better about it after reading everyone's comments. Just don't want to slack on any preventative maintenance to save a buck. With dealer recommendations it would cost about $600.00 which is a bit pricey.

ArtEvoIX
08-06-2009, 01:25 PM
i didnt do my 15k yet waiting for the 30k in about 8k left to go. Really not necessary if you follow the guideline on the owners book. But if you drive like there's no tomorrow then you should. I need my tires rotated and little coolant that's all until the 30k service. I dd my car but dont drive crazy or long drives all the time. I barely hit 20k recently and bought it new from the dealer back in 07!

15k you dont really need a service yet. I only change engine/tranny/trasfercases fluids, new sparks too. You really dont have to tho depends how hard you drive.

TMALLARI
08-06-2009, 01:27 PM
Thanks for info. I don't drive it that hard and I bought mine back in Jan.07 and still haven't hit 15,000 miles. I do oil changes every 3,000 so cool I am feeling better about it after reading everyone's comments. Just don't want to slack on any preventative maintenance to save a buck. With dealer recommendations it would cost about $600.00 which is a bit pricey.

I used to do my stuff at stevens creek....but will do my stuff somewhere else for even cheaper by couple $100. No worries..Im just like you being paranoid even about the coolant. Alot of stuff at the dealer are like add ons and not necessary just like selling cars you need this and that blah.

batosai
08-06-2009, 02:08 PM

Stealerships are always pricey, that's how they stay in business. But any of the beforementioned shops will do nicely for you if you don't like doing the work. I myself will be the first to admit I'm not too mechanically inclined or knowledgeable :icon_eek:, but the stuff I can do, I do myself :cheesy:

I used to do my stuff at stevens creek....but will do my stuff somewhere else for even cheaper by couple $100. No worries..Im just like you being paranoid even about the coolant. Alot of stuff at the dealer are like add ons and not necessary just like selling cars you need this and that blah.

Glad you found a different place pare ko! I would comment more :icon_twisted: about a certain stealership, but will refrain due to past experience.