PDA

View Full Version : After a lot of BEATINGS 2nd gear no worky!

PAT@FFTEC
08-12-2009, 08:12 AM
Went back to the track last Friday before BOTI to shoot for the 9 sec pass once again and this time lightning struck HARD!

First pass off the trailer and BAM on the 1-2 shift.

Luckily all other gears work but 2nd feels like complete LOCK-OUT! :nono:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7zSMNlWMhY

aaevol9
08-12-2009, 09:22 AM
Time to give Shep a call!

RREVOVIII
08-12-2009, 09:33 AM
oh damn! sorry to hear that..
Posted from my mobile device

Domolution
08-12-2009, 11:24 AM
Awww, damn i am sorry to hear that mang. :(
Ahhh.....:X

ArtEvoIX
08-12-2009, 02:22 PM
PAT,
Stop launching it!!!! hahaha

PAT@FFTEC
10-05-2009, 05:13 PM
UPDATE 9/5/09:

Ok everyone Pat's Evo is back in action!

Trans job is all buttoned up and even got the 3 speed scatter shield bolted on to keep the tech guys happy (but holy fawk was it a pita to install).

Anyway just need to get some easy shifting miles on her before we head to the track to shoot for a 9sec pass before the year's done!

I ended up replacing few parts: 2nd gear synchro, shift fork, roll pins, 3rd gear, and re-shimmed it a little on the tighter side

I have to send my thanks out to Dave Womer our tech and DSM guru for the specs on the trans re-build, Dan Buschur for most of the trans parts, as well as Capitol Mitsubishi for parts as well........last but not least the GREAT CREW AT FULL FUNCTION!

If i can get enough miles on her i'd like to go to Infineon this Wed just to get back into the mind frame of driving and then will giv eit hell at a TNT very soon as i have some testing to do as well as a date w/ the 9 sec zone.

Kasaper
10-05-2009, 05:29 PM
We know your going to destroy that 9 second bitch!! Its just a matter of time and a little luck!! Then its gonna look easy compared to the 8 second monster!! Hoo Hooo!!! Here we go!!! Pull that trigger and let her run!!!!! Later Bro!! :bow:

Nsin
10-05-2009, 07:12 PM
UPDATE 9/5/09:

Ok everyone Pat's Evo is back in action!

Trans job is all buttoned up and even got the 3 speed scatter shield bolted on to keep the tech guys happy (but holy fawk was it a pita to install).

Anyway just need to get some easy shifting miles on her before we head to the track to shoot for a 9sec pass before the year's done!

I ended up replacing few parts: 2nd gear synchro, shift fork, roll pins, 3rd gear, and re-shimmed it a little on the tighter side

I have to send my thanks out to Dave Womer our tech and DSM guru for the specs on the trans re-build, Dan Buschur for most of the trans parts, as well as Capitol Mitsubishi for parts as well........last but not least the GREAT CREW AT FULL FUNCTION!

If i can get enough miles on her i'd like to go to Infineon this Wed just to get back into the mind frame of driving and then will giv eit hell at a TNT very soon as i have some testing to do as well as a date w/ the 9 sec zone.

Get some miles on that bish!..

I wana see it run!!!

hopefully see you there!:thumbsup:

sho_evo_209
10-05-2009, 07:28 PM

I wana see it run!!!

do it do it do it... haha pat get that 9 sec pass over with already that way for ur new years resolution it can be to do a 8 sec pass haha lol

PAT@FFTEC
10-06-2009, 08:57 AM

I wana see it run!!!

Sorry man doesn't look like i can get enough miles on her and a fluid change before Wed :(

That's ok w/ me as i don't particularly care for Wed Night Drags those are mainly just for fun to show the local racers what we bring to the table.

do it do it do it... haha pat get that 9 sec pass over with already that way for ur new years resolution it can be to do a 8 sec pass haha lol
LOL .......NO WAY!

Not even gunna think about going anywhere near the 8's in this car!

A 9sec pass is and a has been a goal of mine for years and to me it's a reachable goal w/o having to break the bank and many, many parts!

I just want a consistant low10 sec / high 9sec Evo that can compete in the larger drag events w/o getting blown away by RWD/BIG turbo/Auto cars!

Kasaper
10-06-2009, 09:03 AM
You can do it man!! I see a 8 sec 1/4mi. in your future!! :bow:

Jbalke212
10-06-2009, 09:08 AM
Sorry man doesn't look like i can get enough miles on her and a fluid change before Wed :(

That's ok w/ me as i don't particularly care for Wed Night Drags those are mainly just for fun to show the local racers what we bring to the table.

LOL .......NO WAY!

Not even gunna think about going anywhere near the 8's in this car!

A 9sec pass is and a has been a goal of mine for years and to me it's a reachable goal w/o having to break the bank and many, many parts!

I just want a consistant low10 sec / high 9sec Evo that can compete in the larger drag events w/o getting blown away by RWD/BIG turbo/Auto cars!

Panzy lol Jk