PDA

View Full Version : Traffic ticket

azn_baller83
08-13-2009, 06:51 PM
I was wondering if they would lower your fine if you show up in court?

RREVOVIII
08-13-2009, 07:05 PM
I was wondering if they would lower your fine if you show up in court?

it depends what is the citation for, and if you have a good reason why you shouldn't be cited in the first place. :wink:

ArtEvoIX
08-13-2009, 07:09 PM
yea, most of time, when they send you the letter is call the bail. When you show up and talk to judge and plead guilty, you have to ask the judge to lower the fine due to this and such reason, they always lower it.

Or plead not guilty and file a written declaration you might win the case or lower fine and worst case is attend the court to fight the case.

ArtEvoIX
08-13-2009, 07:14 PM
I learned this after I was arrested for DUI. Hired a lawyer, gave up the case cuz lawyer fees made me broke.

Fighting a case is time and patient.

Kings Fan
08-13-2009, 08:51 PM
You can try to show up and plead no contest... hope for the mercy of the court.

djslik408
08-13-2009, 09:12 PM
generally speaking, your fine would be lower but again that depends on the ticket.

azn_baller83
08-13-2009, 11:29 PM
Oh he pulled me over for riding my motorcycle in the bike lane. I'll probably show up in court then and see if the judge will lower it. I don't know much about pleading guilty and all that written declaration stuff haha

silverguy
08-13-2009, 11:55 PM
make sure if you fight it you DO NOT miss your court date... thats an additional $300 fee

ArtEvoIX
08-14-2009, 12:02 AM
Court always give you few options to handle the case.

1. Pay the bail and take a point

2. Pay bail or talk to judge pay fine and attend traffic school and remove the point

3. Pay the bail to contest. 2 ways to contest
1.Schedule court date for court appearance.
2. Written declaration w/o court appearance

If you are pleading guilty be sure to talk to judge and ask to lower your fine and attend traffic school.

This thread will give you an idea if you are not pleading guilty and thinking of contest the citation.
http://www.norcalevo.net/showthread.php?t=4516

WWEVOVIII
08-14-2009, 12:32 AM
CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME PLEASE ? lol DIDN'T GET IT LOL

STAGE SIX--ONE LAST CHANCE BEFORE HE WRITES CITATION

PLACE TO APPEAR (VC 40502b): "Upon demand" cited person may have his ticket adjudicated (tried) at the county seat of the county he is cited in if the county seat court is closer to his home or work than the court closest to his place of "arrest". For example, if you are stopped in either North County, South Bay, Escondido, or El Cajon judicial districts, demand that your case be heard at the county seat court, San Diego Superior Court in Clairmont, as is your right in accordance with VC 40502b before the officer writes your ticket. Most officers serving in these outlying districts do not like to travel all the way to Clairemont and will often write you a warning when you demand this right.
IF OFFICER REFUSES: Write on the signature line of citation: "I demand my legal right to appear at county seat (VC 40502b)." Then sign and smile at the officer. This will enable you to prove, in court, that you did demand to appear at the county seat court, at the traffic stop, and thereby guarantee your right to appear at the county seat.

BabyBuddha831
08-14-2009, 12:36 AM
this guy, trying to avoid traffic....lol

azn_baller83
08-14-2009, 07:19 AM
this guy, trying to avoid traffic....lol

Shut up boyyyy before i burn your car :s-instagib:

BabyBuddha831
08-14-2009, 03:03 PM
soo mean gosh!
if it makes ya feel better, i got a fix it ticket for not having a rear reflector

azn_baller83
08-14-2009, 10:36 PM
a fix it ticket is nothing...thats not a point u nagger