PDA

View Full Version : For those who had to go to State Ref...I need some help...

xbox4414
09-06-2009, 11:29 AM
Okay so here is the thing, I get pulled over and told to pop my hood, all I have is a stupid 3in K&N filter as an intake. The officer cites me for VC27156B. He says I have to go to state ref and get it cleared, I go...returning the car to stock. Then I go to court where they tell me it's non-correctable and the bail amount can't be reduced! WTH, I went to stock for nothing?!? So if anyone has had this code and the amount reduced please let me know. Maybe I can get a copy of the Clerk's Docket to show it was dismissed and I can go back to court showing other rulings of dismissal... Any help would be great.

-Ray

RREVOVIII
09-06-2009, 01:06 PM
just take it to state ref. i had the same issue when i got cited for Modified exhaust. and they said its not correctable. but i insisted on taking it to Ref, then it passed. went to the court and case dismissed...........

ricardomotorhead
09-06-2009, 01:31 PM
what was the ticket for?

xbox4414
09-06-2009, 03:34 PM
just take it to state ref. i had the same issue when i got cited for Modified exhaust. and they said its not correctable. but i insisted on taking it to Ref, then it passed. went to the court and case dismissed...........

I took it to state ref, I showed proof that it was corrected and passed smog and the judge not knowing what the code is looked it up, said he must fine me the max even correcting it. So what I need to do is show proof that other cases had been dismissed. Were you cited for this code?

what was the ticket for?

Ricardo I swear you do not read...

I get pulled over and told to pop my hood, all I have is a stupid 3in K&N filter as an intake.

ricardomotorhead
09-06-2009, 04:55 PM
^^^ I wouln't think the cop would have been that big of dueche bag to give you a damn ticket for a K&N filter, which the mayority are CARB.

RREVOVIII
09-06-2009, 05:56 PM
I took it to state ref, I showed proof that it was corrected and passed smog and the judge not knowing what the code is looked it up, said he must fine me the max even correcting it. So what I need to do is show proof that other cases had been dismissed. Were you cited for this codeno i wasnt cited with that code yet.. but with my new intake setup now, i sure will :wink: but that cop is an ass to give you a ticket for that.....

xbox4414
09-06-2009, 06:16 PM
Oh that is not the worst part....

It was actually the same officer that I asked for directions to get back onto the freeway as I was in a town I'm not familiar with. Oh and he pulled me over in stop and go traffic. He had to hold traffic for me to get back out..

ricardomotorhead
09-06-2009, 06:19 PM
wow.... targeted as a pray.... thats a bad piggy... :(

RREVOVIII
09-06-2009, 06:20 PM
Oh that is not the worst part....

It was actually the same officer that I asked for directions to get back onto the freeway as I was in a town I'm not familiar with. Oh and he pulled me over in stop and go traffic. He had to hold traffic for me to get back out..

damn! that sucks! :angry:

ricardomotorhead
09-06-2009, 06:22 PM
That was definitely a sucker punch in the gut, not very gentleman like to pull such as weak move like that, but hey its part of the game.

ricardomotorhead
09-06-2009, 06:23 PM
no i wasnt cited with that code yet.. but with my new intake setup now, i sure will :wink: but that cop is an ass to give you a ticket for that.....

HUHM..... I wonder what kind of top secret set up you must be running now...

mikeyb
09-15-2009, 11:46 AM
when you get tickets like that it should say on them if they are correctible or not if its marked uncorrectible then ask the officer why its like that

ludachris
10-07-2009, 09:41 AM
Man, after hearing stories like this, I'm not looking forward to moving back to NorCal. I hate the way they enforce the emissions stuff.