PDA

View Full Version : tuning?

BOOSTonHanD
05-05-2005, 06:44 AM
im lost when it comes to tuning actually im lost when i try and read what you guys are talking about tuning :crazyeyes: .

i was thinking of getting a safc so i could have some one tune my some what stock set up and then with time i can still tune with out waiting or paying for another flash. but do i need to get something other than the safc to start tuning? or do i ned to flash and then fine tune with the safc. im just mixed up thanks

sorry for dumb question i just dont want to spend my hard earned money when i dont need to thanks

Evo442
05-05-2005, 07:04 AM
im lost when it comes to tuning actually im lost when i try and read what you guys are talking about tuning :crazyeyes: .

i was thinking of getting a safc so i could have some one tune my some what stock set up and then with time i can still tune with out waiting or paying for another flash. but do i need to get something other than the safc to start tuning? or do i ned to flash and then fine tune with the safc. im just mixed up thanks

sorry for dumb question i just dont want to spend my hard earned money when i dont need to thanks

If you dont have much experience with tuning, my guess is that you would be better off with an ecu reflash. If you dont know how to set up the SAFC, you'll end up paying someone to do it anyway, and there's certainly the potential to do more harm (doing it yourself) than good.

You're lucky, in the sense that you have 2 of the premier evo tuners right in your backyard. Works in SF and Vishnu in pleasanton. With both tuners, if you purchase their reflashes, updates are free if you stay with their upgrade paths. There's lots of info on both these tuners on the boards.

IMHO, an axel back exhaust and an ecu reflash are great and relatively cheap initial mods. Works AB exhaust and ecu reflash were my first mods. Great bang for the buck. Removed the most restrictive part of the exhaust and gave me more power, especially up top where my stock evo seemed to wheeze out.

Good luck!