PDA

View Full Version : Weapon R master cylinder brace review

SJCoruja
05-05-2005, 10:47 AM
Hello all! I had the awesome opportunity to swing by Weapon R yesterday and picked up their master cylinder brace. This piece mounts cleanly under the front tower brace and then secures the master cylinder in order to prevent excessive movement or travel when braking. I am still having a blast in the "testing" phase, but wanted to put up my initial impressions. WOW! What a huge difference in braking and pedal feel from this simple mod. The pedal is much more predictable and responsive. I wasn't honestly expecting a brace to make that big a difference, but it did. The mushy feeling that the pedal sometimes gives is completely gone, and the engagement is sweet! It almost feels like my car just had a brake job or something...hard to explain. I could go on, but it is much easier to just make my car available if any of you want to check it out. I've been thinking about organizing a NCE group buy on some stuff from Weapon R, so please post up or let me know if you would be interested. :thumbsup:

OH...I'll post up pics once the rain stops, and again my car is available for anyone to check it out.

earlyapex
05-05-2005, 11:33 AM
Did you buy it or get it free or discounted?

Would be nice to get an opinion from somebody that buys it.

They have those for Subaru's too. I tried one. Took it off 2 days later.

MarkSAE
05-05-2005, 12:28 PM

Why'd you take it off?

earlyapex
05-05-2005, 12:49 PM

Why'd you take it off?

Was trying it out, didn't notice a difference and I was a little worried about all the seals taking the flex pressure instead of the whole unit.

SJCoruja
05-05-2005, 01:22 PM

I jumped on the opportunity to test one out (from the post yesterday), so while I guess some might think it would sway my review, most who know me here know that I'm going to throw out the same comments regardless of how I came about getting it. I actually only went by yesterday to test out the brace, but after checking out all that they had, and even more importantly talking with Leo and the staff there and the awesome service, I ended up buying damn near their whole line of available Evo goodies. So yeah...while this particular product was a tester, it (and the company) impressed me enough to throw down my cash on several other pieces of equipment (which I will review seperately later). All that being said, my offer still stands for anyone to check out my car and formulate their own opinions (an even better review, people can review products I paid for LOL). :D

kimmievo
05-05-2005, 01:55 PM
I've been thinking about getting their master cylinder brace and oil catch can...those two items for a group buy would be great. Hint, hint Matt. :)

SJCoruja
05-06-2005, 10:14 AM
I've been thinking about getting their master cylinder brace and oil catch can...those two items for a group buy would be great. Hint, hint Matt. :)

Yeah...realized I needed the catch can when I took a good look at my intake piping...scary! I've got a few people interested, so once I get just a couple more I'll hit them up and arrange a group buy. :)

Matz
07-10-2005, 11:11 PM

Their catch can design is pretty nice, and soooo easy to install!

MitsuMan
07-10-2005, 11:14 PM

Their catch can design is pretty nice, and soooo easy to install!
yea i got that fits good cops ignore it