PDA

View Full Version : Red Light Ticket Question!

RREVOVIII
09-15-2009, 10:21 PM
i got a mail that says i ran a red light by turning right on Westborough & El Camino. I been turning on that same street for the past 5yrs, and in that past couple of Months they installed some cameras. So every morning that i go through that intersection, i always see a flash for no reason, so im like WTF there is no sign here that says NO TURN ON RED
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/8656/streete.jpg (http://img29.imageshack.us/i/streete.jpg/)

here some pics i took, that im going to show the Judge when i go to Court next week... What do you guys think?
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/4746/street002.jpg (http://img141.imageshack.us/i/street002.jpg/)
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/1460/street004.jpg (http://img141.imageshack.us/i/street004.jpg/)
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/3173/street006.jpg (http://img16.imageshack.us/i/street006.jpg/)

Am I screwed or its just a Equipment Failure?

Kings Fan
09-15-2009, 10:23 PM
fight it!!!!!!!!

RREVOVIII
09-15-2009, 10:24 PM
fight it!!!!!!!!

i will.....

the fine was $400+ which is ridiculous!

djslik408
09-15-2009, 10:38 PM
They send you the photo (before running the light and after pics)?

RREVOVIII
09-15-2009, 10:53 PM
They send you the photo (before running the light and after pics)?

yes, i was turning right on El Camino. Before & After shots are 2 seconds apart.
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/8656/streete.jpg (http://img29.imageshack.us/i/streete.jpg/)

earlyapex aka jack ass
09-15-2009, 11:09 PM
That light right there on the corner is a right turn light. No sign needed.

If they have footage of you not coming to a complete stop, you will lose.

Domolution
09-15-2009, 11:49 PM
Awww, dood, i HATE those things. I got one of those down here in SoCal....my gosh!!! :X Those fawker get you mang! I rather spend that extra 2-3 minutes at the light, haha..... i experienced it myself, haha....not soooo cool, haha! :X

But yeah, i just paid it full at the court. I didn't go to court and see the judge nor i try to fight it. I didn't have time for that, so i said, fawk it, i'll pay in full. :\

littleman
09-16-2009, 12:22 AM
try to fight via trial by written declaration first, also show there is no sign, and say it was a mistake of fact since there is no proper notification saying theres no turn on red

ArtEvoIX
09-16-2009, 12:32 AM
if you have attended traffic school in past 18mos, I would def fight it!!!

If you havent, I would still fight it. But might have a chance losing an option for attending traffic school, only if the DA is being a dick after losing the case.

blurevo8
09-16-2009, 12:37 AM
i got the same thing and went to trial and won cause the cop pulled a no show thats your only way out go to trial iand show them theres no posted sign even though theres a light you might get lucky

xbox4414
09-16-2009, 12:57 AM
Do you know if they got a picture of you driving?

http://www.abc15.com/content/news/phoenixmetro/central/story/Man-accused-of-wearing-monkey-mask-while-speeding/_wVFUaFf5EGEAl9XwAe0GQ.cspx

WWEVOVIII
09-16-2009, 02:24 AM
ouch sorry to hear this pareng,
but passing red light is usually over 370 or 400 for you. but I will defenitely going to fight it, but the only concern is that did you stop by the red light or not cuz I was looking at your timing from 19 to 21 thats like 2 seconds, It kinda seems like you didnt stop completely but if you can explain that to them im 100% sure that you can win the case. cuz like the pics you took there are no signs saying no turn what so ever. good luck and sorry to hear this man :(.

RREVOVIII
09-16-2009, 06:30 AM

but every intersection has that light on the corner though.

mhezz13
09-16-2009, 08:47 AM
Fight it jay!

sprytsi
09-16-2009, 09:58 AM
Seems like you could fight it two ways:

1) Wasn't me driving, no picture of face.

2) You came to a complete stop, then made a right turn. There is not a "no turn on red" sign at the intersection.

ricardomotorhead
09-16-2009, 10:17 AM

2) You came to a complete stop, then made a right turn. There is not a "no turn on red" sign at the intersection.

I'd go for choice 2.

earlyapex aka jack ass
09-16-2009, 10:37 AM
but every intersection has that light on the corner though.

if you didn't stop completely, and they have footage, you lose.

ricardomotorhead
09-16-2009, 10:53 AM
if you didn't stop completely, and they have footage, you lose.

is that still worth a try, or are you risking a slight chance they might increase the fine? by doing this

ricardomotorhead
09-16-2009, 10:54 AM
Do you know if they got a picture of you driving?

http://www.abc15.com/content/news/phoenixmetro/central/story/Man-accused-of-wearing-monkey-mask-while-speeding/_wVFUaFf5EGEAl9XwAe0GQ.cspx

LOL, I remember this one...... Ray, Ray, Ray..... is not Halloween yet dude. Is ok to be born ugly.

WWEVOVIII
09-16-2009, 11:07 AM
I really hope you win the case. cuz these days they just wanna give out tickets left and right :(.

VIII
09-16-2009, 11:20 AM

^ Agreed! I had a ticket like this...eek it was a piece of shit! Paid 320 for it...I turned on yellow then it blinked red...LAWL!

ArtEvoIX
09-16-2009, 11:40 AM
I got the same ticket too but was pulled over by the cop. it was a pain, paid 432 for ticket and 45 for traffic school.

RREVOVIII
09-16-2009, 11:54 AM

#1 won't work cause they got a pic of my BIG face in it.. I guess I need to start wearing my helmet now since its always on the car anyway :D

#2 will be best. but by looking at the pic, looks like I rolled thru it :( o well ill give it a try and let you guys know!

Thanks for all the infos/advice.
Posted from my mobile device

joeevo
09-16-2009, 12:11 PM
YOur good to go pare....fight it!

joeevo
09-16-2009, 12:12 PM
its worth a try...if not then atleast try to get the fined lowered...gl

VIII
09-16-2009, 12:27 PM
#1 won't work cause they got a pic of my BIG face in it.. I guess I need to start wearing my helmet now since its always on the car anyway :D

#2 will be best. but by looking at the pic, looks like I rolled thru it :( o well ill give it a try and let you guys know!

just say u rolled because its a stick. LOL. :icon_smile: I would LMFAO. even though its a kinda lame excuse. and for number one...screw the helm. just flip down your sun visor LMFAO!:bow:

mikeyb
09-16-2009, 01:54 PM
there is a website where you can go and watch the video of you actually taking the turn its the same video that they use to issue the tickets so if on the video you rolled through it then you are guilty my friend

RREVOVIII
09-16-2009, 02:04 PM
there is a website where you can go and watch the video of you actually taking the turn its the same video that they use to issue the tickets so if on the video you rolled through it then you are guilty my friendill try hacking it tonight LOL!

WWEVOVIII
09-16-2009, 02:50 PM

haha I like #1 lol, anyways just fight it off you never know they might give you a discount at least better than nothing, let us know and good luck pareng.

RREVOVIII
09-16-2009, 04:43 PM
haha I like #1 lol, anyways just fight it off you never know they might give you a discount at least better than nothing, let us know and good luck pareng.lol, thanks pare!

RREVOVIII
09-16-2009, 07:10 PM
anyone know where i can get that paint that you spray on your plates so your plate# cannot be seen on any picture that is taken by a camera that using a flash?

ArtEvoIX
09-16-2009, 07:50 PM
hmmmm...... the one glares when theres flash? I use to know a place, but I can ask.

ArtEvoIX
09-16-2009, 07:58 PM
heres from google search lol....... dont know if it works. but here
:sneaky:
http://www.spytown.com/phsprephrafl.html

RREVOVIII
09-16-2009, 08:51 PM
hmmmm...... the one glares when theres flash? I use to know a place, but I can ask.

heres from google search lol....... dont know if it works. but here
:sneaky:
http://www.spytown.com/phsprephrafl.html

yeah! thats the one..

Thanks!! :thumbsup:

earlyapex aka jack ass
09-17-2009, 12:03 AM
anyone know where i can get that paint that you spray on your plates so your plate# cannot be seen on any picture that is taken by a camera that using a flash?

That is illegal btw and yet another reason to get pulled over when they notice it. ANY covering of the plate is illegal, even "clear"

ricardomotorhead
09-17-2009, 12:26 AM
well that is only if you get caught, but whether if actually works or not, that is another different story, from my personal experience most of the items that are sold as a sketchy inventions to get away from things, or As seen on TV, the majority of the time don't work. And yes indeed any sort of cover for license plates are illegal, but will the actual spray have the same effect as a plastic cover, will it be noticebable to the naked eye? I'd like to test this out just for poop and giggles. I wonder if I can notify the mythbusters to test this myth, product or whatever you wanna call it, that would safe the $20 or plus for tax and shipping and the potential ticket if caught for braking the so called law.

WWEVOVIII
09-17-2009, 12:39 AM
yeah! thats the one..

Thanks!! :thumbsup:

dang how did you came up with this this thing lol

That is illegal btw and yet another reason to get pulled over when they notice it. ANY covering of the plate is illegal, even "clear"

true Im assuming that its gonna be illegal, but on the mean while its gonna be hard to get cought :D.

well that is only if you get caught, but whether if actually works or not, that is another different story, from my personal experience most of the items that are sold as a sketchy inventions to get away from things, or As seen on TV, the majority of the time don't work. And yes indeed any sort of cover for license plates are illegal, but will the actual spray have the same effect as a plastic cover, will it be noticebable to the naked eye? I'd like to test this out just for poop and giggles. I wonder if I can notify the mythbusters to test this myth, product or whatever you wanna call it, that would safe the $20 or plus for tax and shipping and the potential ticket if caught for braking the so called law.

I Agree, Im going to give this a shot and try it ;).

Jay,
Save me some Im gonna spray mine too LOOOOOOOOOL

RREVOVIII
09-17-2009, 07:52 AM
I know, but im just gonna make it look blurry, and not cover the whole thing and be obious. you'll still see it but it will be hard to read it :wink:

mikeyb
09-17-2009, 08:28 AM
mythbusters actually did test this and the spray did not work so dont waist your money on stupid ish like this just wait the extra 3 sec at the light

RREVOVIII
09-17-2009, 08:58 AM
mythbusters actually did test this and the spray did not work so dont waist your money on stupid ish like this just wait the extra 3 sec at the light
o damn really? o well, thanks for the heads-up.

ricardomotorhead
09-18-2009, 01:06 AM

Thats what i wasn't too certain about, thanks for remind me, I remember them testing the different radar blockers or different sorto of gadgets "that say they work " and they all fail misserably for the speed radar detector, but I was not sure if they tested the camera rig.

evilevo
09-18-2009, 02:38 PM
Most of the red light tickets have video also(look on your paperwork u got in the mail for an website you can go to) It happen to me in Emeryville-saw the flash but I was at a full stop. Got the ticket in the mail about week later and went on line and looked at it. Sure enough I came to a full stop but on the first white line and that is why the camara went off. Called the # on the ticket and after a few minutes they dismissed the ticket. I dont go by that intersection anymore. It is set up as a cash cow I see the flash go off all the time for people turning right.

RREVOVIII
09-18-2009, 05:41 PM
Most of the red light tickets have video also(look on your paperwork u got in the mail for an website you can go to) It happen to me in Emeryville-saw the flash but I was at a full stop. Got the ticket in the mail about week later and went on line and looked at it. Sure enough I came to a full stop but on the first white line and that is why the camara went off. Called the # on the ticket and after a few minutes they dismissed the ticket. I dont go by that intersection anymore. It is set up as a cash cow I see the flash go off all the time for people turning right.cool, thanks man, ill cheack on that later.

RREVOVIII
09-18-2009, 06:16 PM
Most of the red light tickets have video also(look on your paperwork u got in the mail for an website you can go to) It happen to me in Emeryville-saw the flash but I was at a full stop. Got the ticket in the mail about week later and went on line and looked at it. Sure enough I came to a full stop but on the first white line and that is why the camara went off. Called the # on the ticket and after a few minutes they dismissed the ticket. I dont go by that intersection anymore. It is set up as a cash cow I see the flash go off all the time for people turning right.

i just checked the Site, and yes i rolled on the light.. Now im *ucked! :icon_banghead:

ArtEvoIX
09-18-2009, 06:31 PM
o oh Jay.

RREVOVIII
09-18-2009, 06:37 PM
o oh Jay.

i know, this is my only hope now :(

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/7113/r1011.gif (http://img140.imageshack.us/i/r1011.gif/)

Wish me Luck!

evilevo
09-18-2009, 08:01 PM
Wish u luck

TMALLARI
09-18-2009, 11:35 PM
I will see you tomorrow pare! I better avoid this intersection heh!

RREVOVIII
09-18-2009, 11:46 PM
I will see you tomorrow pare! I better avoid this intersection heh!lol. see u pare!

earlyapex aka jack ass
09-20-2009, 08:44 PM
No sign doesn't mean anything. You failed to stop at a red, and that is what that camera is for.

RREVOVIII
09-20-2009, 08:56 PM
No sign doesn't mean anything. You failed to stop at a red, and that is what that camera is for.

:icon_banghead:

RREVOVIII
09-24-2009, 04:51 PM
I went to Court this Morning and was shocked on how many of us that got the same citation on that Intersection.. So i plead guilty and fine was reduced from $446 to $256 im not qualified for traffic School :(

ricardomotorhead
09-24-2009, 04:59 PM
I went to Court this Morning and was shocked on how many of us that got the same citation on that Intersection.. So i plead guilty and fine was reduced from $446 to $256 im not qualified for traffic School :(

Damn!!!!!! well at leaset is not $446 any more, what a rip off, I just went to court as well to help my girl pay a ticket when she was involved in a car accident, $251 god darn it, that I cannot put on my OVU :(

batosai
09-29-2009, 11:57 AM

I just got tagged w/ same citation about a few weeks ago at SL Meet...FAIL! No traffic school option I guess? I haven't checked the video yet though...

hellz Evo
09-29-2009, 12:15 PM
446 dollars damn. Broke state special 256. I love how the great leaders first jack the fine to 10 fold and then give us half off. Just a few years back the fine was only 170.00 dollars.

RREVOVIII
10-01-2009, 07:16 PM
I just got tagged w/ same citation about a few weeks ago at SL Meet...FAIL! No traffic school option I guess? I haven't checked the video yet though...damn! sorry to hear that pare, hope you get that taken care of :thumbsup:

emoevo
10-01-2009, 08:34 PM
well at least u got the price down 446 to 254 what a relief..i wonder if those plastic dark cover for license plate works for those cameras?

ricardomotorhead
10-01-2009, 08:39 PM
well at least u got the price down 446 to 254 what a relief..i wonder if those plastic dark cover for license plate works for those cameras?

Nope they do not.... I believe they were tested by the Mythbusters.
Not just that, but cops will pull you over for if have those. My friends got pulled over. ;)

warpspeed
10-04-2009, 11:06 PM

This is why the California Vehicle Code is so hard to understand. This is from the California Vehicle Code:

Section 5201 section 2:

(2) The installation of a license plate security cover is not a violation of this subdivision if the device does not obstruct or impair the recognition of the license plate information, including, but not limited to, the issuing state, license plate number, and registration tabs, and the cover is limited to the area directly over the top of the registration tabs. No portion of a license plate security cover shall rest over the license plate number.

It says you can have one as long it doesn't impair the information of the plate. But then on the last sentence, it says it can't go over the license plate number.:huh:

ricardomotorhead
10-05-2009, 03:15 AM
This is why the California Vehicle Code is so hard to understand. This is from the California Vehicle Code:

Section 5201 section 2:

(2) The installation of a license plate security cover is not a violation of this subdivision if the device does not obstruct or impair the recognition of the license plate information, including, but not limited to, the issuing state, license plate number, and registration tabs, and the cover is limited to the area directly over the top of the registration tabs. No portion of a license plate security cover shall rest over the license plate number.

It says you can have one as long it doesn't impair the information of the plate. But then on the last sentence, it says it can't go over the license plate number.:huh:

^^^ so then I guess, technically someone could dispute the charges or ticket, because the license plates covers, that at least I have seen do not block the view of any numbers on the license plate, in fact it goes around the total size of the license plate. But honestly this law is ridiculous, it's not completely cover in all corners, leaving space to get around the loop.

evilevo
10-12-2009, 07:24 PM
^^^ so then I guess, technically someone could dispute the charges or ticket, because the license plates covers, that at least I have seen do not block the view of any numbers on the license plate, in fact it goes around the total size of the license plate. But honestly this law is ridiculous, it's not completely cover in all corners, leaving space to get around the loop.

No you cant it says "No portion of a license plate security cover shall rest over the license plate number" Meaning that the cover cant touch or go over the numbers.....:nono: