PDA

View Full Version : My CHP Story

bssybeep
09-20-2009, 04:23 PM
I'm going to San Francisco State to pick up my daughter for the weekend. I'm on 101 N from Sunnyvale for literally 1 min and I see a CHP (no light bar) behind me. I immediately move over from the fast lane but he pulls right on my tail and turns on his lights.

He says I was speeding, reckless lane changes, and tail gating! I didn't think I was THAT close to the car in front, but from his angle he said I was pretty close.

So we talked a bit about proper lane changing technique and proper spacing when someone is in front of you. He ask if I was in a rush and I just stated I was going to pick up my daughter at sfsu.

He walks back with my insurance and reg and I figure terrific, I'm screwed. Especially when it seems he was back at his vehicle for what seems like forever. I assume he was writing me one nice fat ticket.

He returns and said given my clean driving record, he will just give me a warning and a fix-it ticket for no license plate! Blew me away!

He was cool and professional the whole time and was super nice to let me off the hook.

So at least not every encounter with the CHP is negative.

RREVOVIII
09-20-2009, 05:07 PM
nice, yeah sometimes they really just give you a warning for those light infractions when they see that your record is clean.

evostar
09-20-2009, 07:02 PM
Not bad, good to hear they still give out light warnings now n then not just one big fat ticket etc... oh and thanx again for that dp bssybeep.

WWEVOVIII
09-20-2009, 07:30 PM
Glad that it's just a fixing ticket ;)

sho_evo_209
09-21-2009, 09:05 AM
shoot glad the fact he wasnt an ass because of ur car?... were u driving the evo?... sometimes cops are cool though.. most of the time its because they just had thier donuts hehe lol:icon_wink:

hellz Evo
09-21-2009, 10:13 AM
I'm going to San Francisco State to pick up my daughter for the weekend. I'm on 101 N from Sunnyvale for literally 1 min and I see a CHP (no light bar) behind me. I immediately move over from the fast lane but he pulls right on my tail and turns on his lights.

He says I was speeding, reckless lane changes, and tail gating! I didn't think I was THAT close to the car in front, but from his angle he said I was pretty close.

So we talked a bit about proper lane changing technique and proper spacing when someone is in front of you. He ask if I was in a rush and I just stated I was going to pick up my daughter at sfsu.

He walks back with my insurance and reg and I figure terrific, I'm screwed. Especially when it seems he was back at his vehicle for what seems like forever. I assume he was writing me one nice fat ticket.

He returns and said given my clean driving record, he will just give me a warning and a fix-it ticket for no license plate! Blew me away!

He was cool and professional the whole time and was super nice to let me off the hook.

So at least not every encounter with the CHP is negative.

I probably have the worse driving record of anyone here and I yet to have an issue with a CHP officer. If you are nice to them and dont try to lie your way out they are usually cool. It is some local PD guys that have a power trip, usually small town guys.

mikeyb
09-21-2009, 10:33 AM
i never once had issues with the local PD or CHP i have been pulled over but no tickets besides one and i was speeding but other then that nothing

hellz Evo
09-21-2009, 11:13 AM
It actually only happened in Fremont, with infamous officer Dilema. Dude is an ass$%^. I was lucky he did not have a lift and an air gun he would have torn apart the damn car.

bssybeep
09-21-2009, 11:20 PM
shoot glad the fact he wasnt an ass because of ur car?... were u driving the evo?... sometimes cops are cool though.. most of the time its because they just had thier donuts hehe lol:icon_wink:

Yep, I was in my evo. Due to my daughter being in SFSU, I'm making a lot more trips between Sunnyvale and SF. Since the new school year I've noticed an increase in CHP the closer I get to SF. I see at least 1-3 cars both ways.

bssybeep
09-21-2009, 11:22 PM
Not bad, good to hear they still give out light warnings now n then not just one big fat ticket etc... oh and thanx again for that dp bssybeep.

Hey Evostar, how's it going? Did you install that DP yet? You still letting your wife drive your car?:icon_smile_driving:

bssybeep
09-21-2009, 11:26 PM
Glad that it's just a fixing ticket ;)

For sure. Turns out that evening several Sunnyvale PD were in my neighborhood for some other situation, so I was able to get my ticket signed off that night:bow:

He didn't even look at my car, just said, "I'll trust you that your plate is back on", lol (my plate was on).

MRvengeance
09-22-2009, 12:12 AM
Yep, I was in my evo. Due to my daughter being in SFSU, I'm making a lot more trips between Sunnyvale and SF. Since the new school year I've noticed an increase in CHP the closer I get to SF. I see at least 1-3 cars both ways.

the truth is, he had nothing on you. his accusation of everything he said you did will not stand much of a chance in court. Seeing you driving the "target" car, he just wanna pull you over and run a background on you and your car.