PDA

View Full Version : should i tint all around on my EVOx?

emoevo
09-29-2009, 07:33 PM
i used to drive a integra sedan and had tint all around i think 20%.. i got pull over 5 TIMESSSSS!! so i was thinking should i tint my evo too? or does cop only pull over the older cars? have anyone of you ever got pulled over yet on your EVO? pls help thanks guy

ricardomotorhead
09-29-2009, 07:38 PM
I wouldnt now on days, specially how things are, since they are just looking for the silliest excuses to hand out their lovely tickets and generate some income for our state :). Although it all depends of the area you are located and luck .

emoevo
09-29-2009, 07:56 PM
true maybe i should wait on the tint until the economic improve..... but thats insane!!!

Kings Fan
09-29-2009, 10:42 PM
i used to drive a integra sedan and had tint all around i think 20%.. i got pull over 5 TIMESSSSS!! so i was thinking should i tint my evo too? or does cop only pull over the older cars? have anyone of you ever got pulled over yet on your EVO? pls help thanks guy

are you serious... you should go ahead and limo tint all around, run no front plate, slap on a BOV and install the loudest and biggest exhaust possible

ricardomotorhead
09-29-2009, 11:11 PM
^^^^ LOL, you forgot to mention the NOS stickers and neon lights :)
No but seriously , Cali has gotten pretty crappy in terms of regulations, I wouldnt suggest to do it all around, just the legal allowed. just the rear windows, unless you feel pretty lucky and don't mind paying for fixing tickets, whenever you get busted.

ArtEvoIX
09-29-2009, 11:15 PM
are you serious... you should go ahead and limo tint all around, run no front plate, slap on a BOV and install the loudest and biggest exhaust possible

Lol! And a sticker "Come pull me over, I am powered with illegal moddications" hahaha

WWEVOVIII
09-30-2009, 01:19 AM
Don't do it.

evotechIX
09-30-2009, 01:34 AM
i actually have tint all around, but believe me. ive been pulled over so many times. i just tell them the same thing i tell every other cop. ohh, i didnt know that officer. and they let me go with a warning. some others are fucked up and have you remove it in front of them.

emoevo
09-30-2009, 01:46 AM
wHAT remove it in front of them..omg thats crazy dont you need like a heat gun or a blow dryer?

nomoretransam
09-30-2009, 07:55 AM
It depends where you live. I have it all the way around and ive only gotten one ticket. And the car was parked in the driveway. Dam Sacramento bike cops. I think its worth the risk given how much it helps, just dont go limo and you should be fine. Its only like 70$ for the fronts and if you get a ticket, just pull it off and get it signed off and dont do it again. Ive been goin strong for 2 years without a ticket and lovin it.

chefnevo
09-30-2009, 09:13 AM

LOL! Vince you crack me up!

He should just run dp and no exhaust or better yet an o2 dump!

Wow, you still have not learned your lesson.:headshake:

WWEVOVIII
09-30-2009, 09:20 AM
That's crazzy if they make u remove it in front of them lol, I wouldn't put it on tho my friend just play it safe :-)

Sales@m4
09-30-2009, 11:32 AM
I use to have tint all around on my X. 5% back and 20% front...got pulled over twice...removed it and got them both cleared at the same time. Since then I have stayed with nothing on the front...I want to tint the front again but I'm not sure if it's worth it....

So if you are worried about cop, ya...don't do it...

-Ray

RREVOVIII
09-30-2009, 11:45 AM
you can go as dark as you want for the back windows, and leave the fronts alone...
Posted from my mobile device

emoevo
09-30-2009, 10:06 PM
you can go as dark as you want for the back windows, and leave the fronts alone...
Posted from my mobile device
i wanted to do that but i think it doesnt look as clean as if i had all around.....Dang this is a tough one!! imma wait for more pros and cons from you guys first

ricardomotorhead
10-01-2009, 01:46 AM
i wanted to do that but i think it doesnt look as clean as if i had all around.....Dang this is a tough one!! imma wait for more pros and cons from you guys first

There really aren't many pros or cons,we have gone through most of them, but here are a few more.
Pros:
- Looks cool
- Sun does not bother you much when driving
- People can't really see what you have inside your car much(upon the tint %)
- Keeps the car slightly cooler, by blocking the sun just slightly in sunny days.

Cons:
- Tickets!!!!!
- Cops having a reason to pull you over and giving them the excuse to further question you what else you have done to your car, at times getting pulled over might be a bad idea (ahem..... coming out of bars) BTW I DO NOT CONDONE NOR DRIVE DRUNK :)

But technically you can tint the crap out of your rear windows, but by law you should not tint the front ones, unless you can get a doctors note.

It all depends upon your luck, if you live in an area where there is a lot of cops, or they hate our type of cars, I wouldn't do it. ;) otherwise , go ahead and do it and let us know how it goes ;)
Good luck. Btw fixing tickets have gone up

spdy EVO
10-01-2009, 10:12 AM
Just do it.

LIL NOVE
11-09-2009, 11:04 AM
im gonna do it. limo the back window 5% & 17% or 20% on all the sides & maybe do a strip at the top of the windshield or do the whole windshield 50%. i have cop buddy's to sign off my tickets. i've also heard u can get a some kind of prescription from ur doctor statin the sun is bad for ur skin.... i've seen that work... best image in San Mateo $150 for all windows......

LIL JOHN