PDA

View Full Version : Leaking bleeding valve at Brembo caliper?

ace33joe
05-06-2005, 06:36 PM
Hello, Fellow EVO owners.

It seems my front passenger side Brembo caliper is leaking brake fluid from the outter bleeding valve.

I tried to tighten it more, but after I install the rubber cap again, the bottom part of the rubber (not the actual cap part, the one looks like an O-ring seal) is still wet with brake fluid.

Is this rubber part supposed to be used also to seal the gap between the valve and the caliper?

If so, do I have to wait until this seal is settled down after tightening the valve?

Dr. Evo
05-06-2005, 09:10 PM
That is NOT an o-ring. It just holds the cap to the valve so when you take the cap off to bleed the brakes you don't lose it. It should not be between the valve and the caliper. Take it to the daeler and have them fix it. If it is leaking that can be a very dangerous thing (duh).

ace33joe
05-06-2005, 11:33 PM
Thanks, Dr. EVO. Even it seems it does not affect braking power, I will take it to the dealership and have them take a look.

Dr. Evo
05-07-2005, 08:25 AM
A small leak like that won't affect braking untill the fluid is gone and so are the brakes, or the fluid gets onto the rotor and causes the pads to slide. Also brake fluid is VERY corrosive. If it gets onto paint it WILL eat right through it. This could happen as you drive, and it gets blown onto the car's finish. It could also ruin the finish of the caliper and the rims. Go over everything with a fine-toothed comb before bringing it in. The dealership will not jump up to offer you a new paint job or wheel if the finish is starting to go.