PDA

View Full Version : Devastating Runs at Sactown

Kasaper
10-24-2009, 10:26 PM
Finally Manned Up!! And took Pat's advise on running slicks. As you know my first run at Sactown was not all that impressive on street tires, I ran 11.8's and spun pretty bad 1st and 2nd gear. WOW!! What a difference would be an understatement!! My first run with slicks posted a 11.44 and the times continued to drop with the advice of Pat and Steve of Full Function. 11.4's became 11.3 to 11.2 and finally to two consecutive back to back runs at 11.1's. I was running out of gearing in 4th into redline at 124mph so we decided to quit while we were ahead. The funny thing was the crowd was actually rooting for the lil white EVO destroying the vettes and GTO's on these runs!!! I would like to thank Pat for helping me refine my two step, and talking some sense into my stubborn head, special thanks go out to Steve for turning me on to his TOP SECRET MOD!! Worked like a charm and I did go faster!! You'll have to wait for Pat to post my times and videos at his convenience. Once again I would like to thank Full Function for their dedication and mentoring on how to better my 1/4 mile runs, these guys show a true enthusiasm for RACING. :icon_smile:

RREVOVIII
10-24-2009, 10:36 PM
nice run Vince :thumbsup:

Kasaper
10-24-2009, 10:46 PM
Thanks!! It was hella fun!! :icon_smile:

WWEVOVIII
10-24-2009, 10:57 PM
dang 11.1 thats sweet, so are you shooting for 10s now ?

Kasaper
10-24-2009, 11:19 PM
Yeah, got valve springs and retainers on order and EVO 8 3rd and 4th gears coming. Might have to add some extended wheel studs too. Those slicks almost dropped my times by a full second, but I've got EVO 9 gearing and valve float at the higher rpms, so this should hook me up for now!! :icon_smile:

PAT@FFTEC
10-25-2009, 09:33 AM
VINCE...............YOU ARE THE MAN!

Great job driving yesterday.

Congrats on both setting a new PR but also on proving what a potent combo can do in the hands of a decent driver!

Guys this car is the real deal........driven to and from SF to Sac and back all on E-85 and damn near running 10's by the end of the day.

Vince is a very easy guy to help make improvemnets on his driving as this is only his 3rd time out at the track and can still improve his shifting technique.........that along w/ his valvetrain/transmission mods will def net some 10 sec passes.

For anyone that is interested in these Hoosier DR's they work.........PERIOD!

Look out for another specific thread about the action fom yesterday along w/ pics/vids/timeslips ;)

FULL FUNCTION FTW!

Kasaper
10-25-2009, 12:19 PM
Hey Pat, looking forward to getting into those 10's with those supporting mods!! Love that test and tune session, got to tighten my game down on those 1st to 2nd shifts, I know, practice, practice, practice! :icon_smile: If you have time could you post some of those vids with me on slicks!!! Thanks!!

djslik408
10-25-2009, 03:09 PM
thats awesome!! Way to represent the evos.

Kasaper
10-25-2009, 03:29 PM
Wait til Pat posts those vids he and Steve took, I don't like to talk smack but some of those runs against those big blocks were embarrassing. I'm still jacked-up from those two-step launches!!! Thanks for the support!! :icon_smile:

Lurk
10-25-2009, 03:36 PM
Nice driving. It's always fun to bitchslap some V8's around. :)

Kasaper
10-25-2009, 03:51 PM
Yeah, I know reality is there is always something faster, but this Sat. was the lil white EVO's 11.1 seconds of fame. I think one vette either missed a shift or just plain gave up on the run after a near perfect 2-step launch. :icon_smile:

Positron
10-25-2009, 04:57 PM
What was your 60fts? Great runs though. I have yet to mount my Hoosier DR to some SE BBS rims I just bought.

Also no one was complaining about you running quicker than 11.5? I would've thought they enforce it strictly like Infineon.

wickedwhite9mr
10-25-2009, 06:54 PM
nice runs vince! cant wait to see you break 10s

PAT@FFTEC
10-25-2009, 08:54 PM
I'm lazy so please see link here:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/drag-racing/454806-some-info-hoosier-drs.html#post7650891

RREVOVIII
10-25-2009, 09:33 PM
^ nice run Vince........

Kasaper
10-25-2009, 10:13 PM
Not lazy Pat, no doubt without you guys helping out 11.1s would still be a dream. Now I have dreams of 10's on that GT3076. Not bad for a daily driver. :bow:

Kasaper
10-25-2009, 10:16 PM
Ran those runs at Sactown, crazy cool peeps!! Thanks for your support!!! :icon_smile:

TrusT No1
10-25-2009, 10:47 PM
Not lazy Pat, no doubt without you guys helping out 11.1s would still be a dream. Now I have dreams of 10's on that GT3076. Not bad for a daily driver. :bow:

thats a great goal for that turbo. congrats on the numbers

PAT@FFTEC
10-26-2009, 08:36 AM
Vince i'm still working on getting your vids off your dig camcorder sorry got home late and didn't have time to fiddle w/ it but it's almost done......nothing special for editing though just the vids all together in 1 file ;)

Also been thinking that if you don't really plan on drag racing much you may just be able to get away w/ the valvetrain upgrades and a little bump in rev limit to just keep you in 4th through the finish line so that you can hold off on the trans upgrades for now until it's time to re-fresh your Exedy.

I really think th eoverall diameter of the Hoosier's help enough to give ua a little breathing room in regards to max rpm through the traps.

I'm just thinking out loud as i know this is your DD lol.

Kasaper
10-26-2009, 01:28 PM
Hey Pat, talked to Sean this morning were ordering the 3rd and 4th gears and associated parts today. I don't mind running the car the way its currently setup. But I'm thinking to hit solid 10's consistently I'm gonna need those valve springs and retainers so I can have a little more safety built into the motor. You probably know you could break into the 10's in my car, but I'm still learn'n and burn'n. Thanks guys this is hella fun!! :icon_smile:

PAT@FFTEC
10-26-2009, 01:36 PM
Hey Pat, talked to Sean this morning were ordering the 3rd and 4th gears and associated parts today. I don't mind running the car the way its currently setup. But I'm thinking to hit solid 10's consistently I'm gonna need those valve springs and retainers so I can have a little more safety built into the motor. You probably know you could break into the 10's in my car, but I'm still learn'n and burn'n. Thanks guys this is hella fun!! :icon_smile:
Gotcha just don't want you to spend any extra than you should too quickly as well as having the down-time.

You and i both know it's more fun to play than it is to work! ;)

Again i'm all for going quicker and faster and your enthusiasm is wonderful to see and be a part of!

Looks like our drag racing addiction has rubbed off on ya a bit :icon_drivingskid:

Jbalke212
10-26-2009, 02:27 PM
Congrats man i hope you see tens here soon. I wish i had more money to play with to get out to the track more and refresh my dumb tranny that the previous owner trashed on. But i will take it one step at a time and my goal is the same as yors to get 10 haha you will get it i have confident in you man.

Jon

PAT@FFTEC
10-26-2009, 03:08 PM
Congrats man i hope you see tens here soon. I wish i had more money to play with to get out to the track more and refresh my dumb tranny that the previous owner trashed on. But i will take it one step at a time and my goal is the same as yors to get 10 haha you will get it i have confident in you man.

Jon
On that note Jon if you come in or talk to Sean about what i pm'd ya about on EE you can feel free to pick Dave's brain about trans stuff since it seems yours has some beat-down miles on it :violent1:

Kasaper
10-26-2009, 03:43 PM
Yep, I might be up for some sneak and tweek sessions, depends on what Sean says is safe, believe me those 10's would be awesome, if I didn't get red flagged and asked to leave before I could seriously do some deep 10's that would be even better!! Let me know when the rest of my parts get in and call me if we can get her in soon!!:icon_smile:

PAT@FFTEC
10-26-2009, 04:26 PM
Yep, I might be up for some sneak and tweek sessions, depends on what Sean says is safe, believe me those 10's would be awesome, if I didn't get red flagged and asked to leave before I could seriously do some deep 10's that would be even better!! Let me know when the rest of my parts get in and call me if we can get her in soon!!:icon_smile:
Will do!

Looks like it will be a springs/retainer party at the shop once again for both yours and mine :love: lol.

I'm so glad we have protocol for doing those it makes it much easier than doing them alone!

Jbalke212
10-26-2009, 06:32 PM
On that note Jon if you come in or talk to Sean about what i pm'd ya about on EE you can feel free to pick Dave's brain about trans stuff since it seems yours has some beat-down miles on it :violent1:

Yea i will for sure when i first got my car the person i bought it off of said that the transmission is pretty cruddy when cold but when it worms up it feels like brand new yea my ass haha but either way whatever. I will deffinetely talk to Dave thanks for the idea.

Kasaper
10-30-2009, 03:27 PM
BOOYA!! Lets have a valve sprgs/retainer and gearbox party!!! Can't wait to GET HER DONE!!! :icon_smile:

EvoSix
11-03-2009, 02:46 PM
Good times with slicks. big difference makes me want to try it out also

PAT@FFTEC
11-03-2009, 03:43 PM
Good times with slicks. big difference makes me want to try it out also
Just so there isn't any confusion........these are "drag radials" not a "slick".

A slick refers to a bias-ply, full slick tread, w/ the stickiest compound available.

Something like a Mickey Thompson ET Street and Hoosier QTP but both fall in between a slick and drag radial......bein they are bias-ply but have a groove(s) in the tread area adn run a compound very close to a full slick if not exact.

A "drag radial" is a radial enforced sidewall tire that has specifically design treads and a soft compound.

These new Hoosiers are on the extreme end of a "drag radial" being they are not intended for general highway use as there is little grooving in the tread area and it has a very, very soft sticky compound similar to the bias-ply ET street and QTP.

Kasaper
11-16-2009, 06:18 PM
Looks like I bought me some Hoosier DR's!! That'll be an early Xmas present to myself!! :icon_smile:

RREVOVIII
11-16-2009, 07:25 PM
Looks like I bought me some Hoosier DR's!! That'll be an early Xmas present to myself!! :icon_smile:

nice! :thumbsup:

PAT@FFTEC
11-17-2009, 09:23 AM
I still really wana try some of these bad boys out on my Evo.

When we going racing again Vince?

Kasaper
11-17-2009, 04:41 PM
Car's going in the shop next week hopefully, then I'll be in Pattaya for one or two weeks on vacation. And you know XMAS and New Years are right behind that. If I'm lucky and Infineon or Sactown the second weekend of December if their still open!! :icon_smile: How's your build coming along?

PAT@FFTEC
11-17-2009, 04:46 PM
Car's going in the shop next week hopefully, then I'll be in Pattaya for one or two weeks on vacation. And you know XMAS and New Years are right behind that. If I'm lucky and Infineon or Sactown the second weekend of December if their still open!! :icon_smile: How's your build coming along?
Where the hell is Pattaya??? lol

I'm about to find out how much fab work is needed tonight once i get outta the clinic and hopefully can have it all done by tomorrow night so long as Jesse or Sean is free to do some welding and coping etc.

By the way I have no idea how to even get my vids on to your cams hd???

I've been sooo busy lately that i have your vids on my Adobe software for editing vids but have had NO time to play w/ the software...........Jesse hates me :fight:

Kasaper
11-17-2009, 06:32 PM
That would be Thailand, buddy!! Another world away from reality!! Yeah, Sean says maybe a spot open next week before I leave on vacation!! I may come back early if my car's ready for test and tune in December and then off to the track if their still open!! I was hoping to get a digital file on all the runs we made at Sactown if thats possible? Have you dropped that BOOMBASTIC new hairdryer in yet? :icon_smile:

PAT@FFTEC
11-18-2009, 09:47 AM
That would be Thailand, buddy!! Another world away from reality!! Yeah, Sean says maybe a spot open next week before I leave on vacation!! I may come back early if my car's ready for test and tune in December and then off to the track if their still open!! I was hoping to get a digital file on all the runs we made at Sactown if thats possible? Have you dropped that BOOMBASTIC new hairdryer in yet? :icon_smile:
Ahhh Thailand......i take it you've been there before ;)

I would figure you'd wana bring your camcorder along so i'll bring it to the shop for you to pick up if you'll be bringing the car down next week.

I'll work on getting the file but all that damn comp shit takes soooo long and as you know i'm trying to do 100 things crammed into 1 day........every day LOL!

We have a customer car in on the lift that getting a bunch of bolt-ons so we gott tackle that first today so hope i can get some good work in by tonight.......but you know how it goes......CUSTOMERS FIRST :bow:

Kasaper
11-18-2009, 12:48 PM
I know all work no play makes johnney a schizophenic homicidal maniac!!! Yeah, Pattaya's my yearly sabatical from real life!! Gonna be kicking it with friends there, might even take up golf!!! Yeah, right!!!!!! I was wondering can you download the camcorder vids to digital and just copy it to an external hardrive? My camcorder records to either hardrive or removable SD cards. I'll see ya at the shop next week regardless, later. :icon_smile:

PAT@FFTEC
11-19-2009, 09:51 AM
I know all work no play makes johnney a schizophenic homicidal maniac!!! Yeah, Pattaya's my yearly sabatical from real life!! Gonna be kicking it with friends there, might even take up golf!!! Yeah, right!!!!!! I was wondering can you download the camcorder vids to digital and just copy it to an external hardrive? My camcorder records to either hardrive or removable SD cards. I'll see ya at the shop next week regardless, later. :icon_smile:
I'll try and get some time to figure it out at least to have them on some sort of file for ya.....most are technically on my Adobe software but has 0 editing just all pieced together :icon_neutral:

Either way i'll see ya at the shop next week unless you are coming down on Tues as LOL i may be playing a round of golf w/ my dad and some family in town for T-Giving :)

Kasaper
11-21-2009, 01:37 PM
Kool, just waiting for a opening in Sean's busy schedule! :icon_smile: